The Denver Mcrmy Wants Your Art And Messages! - March 27 Deadline

tbdoll

SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.

tumblr_lidenehXt91qejl17o1_400.png

Come one, come all! It's time for yet another MCRmy project.

As some of you probably know, Gerard's birthday falls on the Denver date of the World Contamination tour.

As I'm in Denver for College, you can bet your ass I will be there, and we've been trying to plan something to do for G's birthday.

But of course, Gerard's not the only one that we care about, and contrary to popular belief, he is not the only one in the band. So, this project actually comes in two parts. Two books, to be more specific.

PART ONE: BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR GERARD

This book will include messages and fan art from fans, all centered around Gerard and wishing him a happy birthday, expressing what he means to us, etc. etc. Umbrella Academy and Breakfast Monkey fanart is also welcome here.

PART TWO: KIND WORDS FOR THE BAND

This book is where we get a little more intense. It will be divided into four categories:

1. I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

2. Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

3. The Black Parade

4. Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

What I want is stories about why certain songs mean the world to you, fan art illustrating certain songs, tattoos inspired by albums or songs, things like that. They'll each be filed under their respective albums.

I will do my best to get these to the band. Ideally, I'm hoping to speak with the venue and manage to deliver the books before the show happens. If this doesn't work, I'll charm a security guard, toss them on stage and pray for minimal damage, or wait out by the buses. Somehow, I will get these books to the guys.

RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS:

-Submissions must be emailed to denver_mcrmy@yahoo.com by SUNDAY, MARCH 27

-YOU MUST STATE in the email which book the submission is going into: Gerard's birthday book or the band's album book.

-ABSOLUTELY NO: Wife bashing, elitism, band member bashing, mentions of past members, fan fiction, references to fan fiction or fan fiction pairings, or, to quote the MCRchat rules "anything that would get security called on you." This goes for both text and image submissions

Be brief with text submissions. I want to fit at least four submissions per page.

-Please include your name and if possible, your location.

-You may submit more than one thing and you may submit to both books.

-YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE GOING TO THE DENVER SHOW TO SUBMIT SOMETHING. THIS BOOK IS FOR EVERY FAN WHO WANTS TO SUBMIT SOMETHING, REGARDLESS OF LOCATION.

If you have any questions, please either leave a comment or send an email to the above-mentioned address. I will either post pictures or make a video of myself flipping through the finished product so that everyone can see.

xoxo

Tera

Baybayhway- Cool! Does the bunny relate back to My Chem in any way?

Nikkorette Notion- Great! You can submit as many messages for as many parts of the books as you'd like. Gerard book's got about four pages. Danger Days section's got about four as well, and I don't even have a page yet for Bullets, Revenge, or Parade. So, submissions under those categories especially would be great!

Awesome! We actually have a forum here: http://coloradomcrmy.proboards.com/index.cgi

Right now it looks like we're just gonna have the books and a banner that reads, "Happy Birthday Gerard." If you're planning on going early to try to get barricade we could totally use an extra set of hands to hold the banner! XD See you at the show~

Ahhhhh, I need to start working on my letter. I might do some art as well, or submit some old stuff I've done... not sure. Also I really should get going on the banner--the sheet's just sitting in the corner of my room waiting to be worked on...

Nikkorette Notion- Great! You can submit as many messages for as many parts of the books as you'd like. Gerard book's got about four pages. Danger Days section's got about four as well, and I don't even have a page yet for Bullets, Revenge, or Parade. So, submissions under those categories especially would be great!

Great! Sent my submission under The Black Parade album, hope more people send in their submissions! Good luck, too! ^^

digimodify-

-Bullets has one submission so far (mine, lol). I know Sally's at least making one for that section.

-Revenge has two submissions so far.

-Parade has one submission so far.

-Danger Days has seven submissions so far.

-Gerard's book has thirteen submissions so far.

Granted, I haven't checked the email yet today.

mcrlife-

Definitely feel free to submit older work, new art is not a requirement. And yes, work on that banner, girl. XD

thepotterkilljoyrickmaniac-

First, lovely username. Second: Text submissions are definitely acceptable, you do not need to be artistically inclined, just sent your message to the email. =]

digimodify-

-Bullets has one submission so far (mine, lol). I know Sally's at least making one for that section.

-Revenge has two submissions so far.

-Parade has one submission so far.

-Danger Days has seven submissions so far.

-Gerard's book has thirteen submissions so far.

Granted, I haven't checked the email yet today.

mcrlife-

Definitely feel free to submit older work, new art is not a requirement. And yes, work on that banner, girl. XD

thepotterkilljoyrickmaniac-

First, lovely username. Second: Text submissions are definitely acceptable, you do not need to be artistically inclined, just sent your message to the email. =]

Awesome. Thanks! :D I'll DEFINITELY send one :)

Archived