Don't let onlookers shame you for bulk buying! Unless you're bulk-bulk buying... anecdotally I know of a person in my town who put 2 bars of soap on the conveyor belt at the checkout. They told the cashier 'I have 18 more soaps,' and the cashier refused to sell them 20 soaps, they said they could only let the customer purchase 2. So the customer threw a tantrum and walked out, presumably with 0 soaps.

That is over the top. But one large pack of toilet paper when you're only buying 1 of everything else? You're fine. And for all the onlookers know, you might have a household of 10 people and need to buy that much every week, corona or no corona!

Thanks guys! I guess I don’t have to worry about toilet paper for a while anyway, since I bought the big pack :D 

We might be allowed back in school on Monday, at least for some students. They will give us the plan on Thursday. I’m excited, but also a bit anxious as to how it will be. It won’t be normal, we got an email today that told us everything about the new rules, for example we’re not all allowed to eat lunch at the same time, the students ain’t allowed to go near each other, all desks are supposed to be washed after every class etc. So I don’t really know if I want this to happen. I miss my students, but somehow going back to school might make everything feel more real again. Hopefully, it will be good when we get used to it. 

^ Good luck, and I hope everything is all well to keep going for the end of the school year.

--------------------

Celebrated 2 birthdays this week with lunch, done.

We were extended for emergencies only until June 6  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ At least we got a specific e-prescribe program up and running that we've been dealing with since December.

Baby sister won't have a traditional 8th grade closing commencement ceremony, nor would they be treated to a New York City trip since they'll be doing mandatory summer sessions online. I'll probably end up treating her to it and possibly to any of her classmates want to go once it's okay to travel.

mmmmmmmmm i've been mia but just at the end of quarantine as we currently know it i'm back....

i was furloughed at my one job and the other i've been "working from home" (which isn't true, it's a customer service job but it was at a library so since they have their budget for the year they were still able to pay us....this year...) 

i'm, like, really good at self quarantining because i've been doing it since i was a teenager, i just thought it was a symptom not a way to save the world. i've been very careful about my personal these past couple months in quarantine because my sister works as a nurse tech and has much more likely chance of encountering it. not for safety for myself but i've been considering myself a very at risk case so i've been very careful. suddenly everyone is acting like it's over.....i'm not sure it is and i'm worried. i could go back out easily as both my jobs are ready to open back up but i'm also like. what if i infect people that don't need to be infected over just not wanting to stay in my house anymore. fuck.

I'm not going out unless I have to, either. Part of me wants to go wandering round the shops when they open ip and have some normalacy, but my town has *a lot* of people flocking to it in the good weather, even though most places are still closed. So I think it's best to stay at home and see how infection rates go. No point in getting overexcited and contributing to a second wave of pandemic.

I feel like my life is getting pretty much back to normal by now. We haven’t had a really serious situation like in other countries, I’m pretty sure we just have 200 something deaths. And my life wasn’t that exciting to begin with. I’m back at work, from Tuesday the days at school will be pretty similar to normal, with all the students in the classroom etc, I’m going to the stable and then I mostly stay at home. I did my grocery shopping once a week before this, and now it’s that or less, but yeah. My life was pretty much made for social distancing. 

Work hours had gone back to somewhat normal for now, and they're trying to bring in back a endodontist to work (she's a pain in my butt, and to needy to work with). 

I only had less than 5 hours of sleep last night, but still went into work to distract myself from the chaos. I almost thought all of the gas stations by my way were all shut down, but I was lucky enough to find a few that were still open. As I'm typing this up one of the neighborhoods 15 minutes away from my parents home, which I can clearly hear it, is being either tear gassed or people are blowing $h!t up.

With the looting that's been happening even within their own neighborhood, those idiots yesterday almost set ablaze residential rowhomes that's behind a retail space that collapsed. That area is already battling with drugs and an opioid crisis on their streets. We might as well stay in the red phase, because it's going to take weeks for businesses to get back on their feet.

I just got the shields I purchased over a month ago for the girls at work this evening, while my boss ordered disposable ones which also came in today. Wearing glasses with them for me is going to be a problem, so the alternative will be wearing contact lenses. The neverending protection of oneself. 

^It's a pain in the ass, but we gotta do it. Sometimes I have to take my lens off for a couple of minutes.

Tried fixing a light switch and an outside electrical outlet, since I'm not doing much for now, and I couldn't find the actual breaker for them. Instead I get yelled at by my mom. *shrugs*