^ Thanks

There are still people ignoring the 6ft distances, and group gatherings. *ugh

It is pouring out, I was suppose to start cleaning my room but haven't. I'd rather lay on my bed listen to the birds chirping on the tree while the rain hits the roof of the house.

It feels kinda weird to say, but I’m doing great. I stay inside most off the time, enjoy having lots of me-time, and being lazy. Feel like I should’ve gotten more stuff done in my appartement, but I have been working full time from home. So that’s my excuse. 

Some things are weird when I think about it. Like the fact that I now enjoy video calls with my students. I used to avoid that at all cost! Also I realized today that I haven’t really talked with some off the people I usually talk with almost every day at work for 3 weeks. Cause there’s a few people I have to talk with about practical stuff, and the others just don’t exist in my life now. But I know this is for a limited time. I wish I knew the limits, but nobody does. So I just try to be positive, and make the best out of it. 

like earlier this week, during class, I texted one of my students a follow up question from an earlier conversation, and suddenly we were texting back and forth for maybe an hour after class. Nothing big, just seemed like she needed someone to talk to. And it feels kinda good to be able to be that person for some off them. The worst part off this for me is that I really miss my students. I have realized how much I love them, I promise you, I have the best kids! Like, they’re just amazing! So cute and funny and smart. And now I might never meet some off them again, if we don’t get back to school before summer. And that really gets to me. 

But all in all I’m doing good! Enjoying life, staying inside, and just trying to stay positive. 

hope all y’all are well!

It's so nice you're keeping in touch with your students, Sonia!

Is anyone else finding they're spending less? There's no need to pay for anything travel-related, I can't pop into any shops or stop for coffee anywhere... I nearly made a couple of ill-advised online purchases but made myself click off the window for a while and then decided I didn't need it. I'm not exactly earning any money at the moment so can't really afford to buy anything, but it also says a lot about how little I can get away with.

I kinda have to keep in touch with them, since I’m still teaching them online. But it’s really nice to be able to talk with them. 

I’m spending less on all the same things, like coffee. I do love my coffee to go. But I spend more money on groceries, cause I spend more time thinking about food, and planning stuff to make. Also, I did some online shopping today🙈 but my mortgage is cheaper because the interest has gone down a lot, so I think I’ll end up on the positive side. Kinda trying to spend money in stores I want to keep after all this, but in a sensible way. Don’t even know if that’s possible😅

Oh yeah the food thing. I'm glad it's not just me. I feel like I need to be eating the whole time I'm awake, and I have little self control 😅 We're going to come out of this a little heavier than we went in I feel! 

There’s a meme going around in Norwegian, saying that when the pandemic is over, and the doctors think they can relax, they’ll have to deal with the new obesity epidemic after the quarantine😅

I think it's the boredom! And probably a bit of anxiety. I start thinking about dinner at 3pm.

Found my old Pilates DVD the other day and am trying to do some exercise to keep my brain busy (also I get really stiff and sore really easily and I honestly thought I might fossilise by the end of quarantine if I don't do something to move about more). Turns out I'm nowhere near as fit as I used to be. 😅 I think I will keep at it though - it's 30 minutes a day where I'm not scrolling on Instagram or worrying about everything. God I ache though.

My spending habits has gone towards traveling to and from work. I normally take public transit every day, and now I've been putting more money on gas, meter parking, and bridge tolls. With the way they had to do essential route scheduling, limiting people on the buses or trains, not charging customers as of lately, not enough transit personnels or transit police on the clock had made it unsafe to take. Earlier this month a guy was shot in the head while on the train, and the group of men who were involved were never caught. I feel really bad for those who have to take it everyday, especially those essential workers. 

13 hours ago, xmcrxravenx said:

My spending habits has gone towards traveling to and from work. I normally take public transit every day, and now I've been putting more money on gas, meter parking, and bridge tolls. With the way they had to do essential route scheduling, limiting people on the buses or trains, not charging customers as of lately, not enough transit personnels or transit police on the clock had made it unsafe to take. Earlier this month a guy was shot in the head while on the train, and the group of men who were involved were never caught. I feel really bad for those who have to take it everyday, especially those essential workers. 

God that's appalling. Is there no way you can work from home?

Anyone purchased the mask they had up on their website?

No, I can't afford it. I'd like to, but the bank account is not having it.

Anyone purchased the mask they had up on their website?

Nah. I fully support it, but I can't afford something like that. Plus, it might already be sold out now, no? Haven't checked.

---------

So, just popping in. As I said on the Sisterwives, too much Corona talk is depressing, but this seems to be positive...still, it reminds me of these crazy times. But there has been some good some "silver lining" as I saw someone else say. I get to chat more with busy family. But really, not a lot has changed for me. I mean, I guess I don't go grocery shopping anymore, but when it warms up, I cans till go outside for walks close by. Weird to see the local playground taped up. Um...yeah And weird that it's an accomplishment when we are able to get toilet paper and cleaning supplies. Geez! Hubby is working from home and that has been a bit stressful. Oh, and yea, I don't know if I'm eating more from the situation or because of a new med I'm on (Gabapentin for sleep, anxiety, and obsessive thoughts and tics), but I've definitely struggled with exercise because I seem to be more preoccupied with Hubby s needs over mine...also, I'm doing Campnanowrimo this month, so there's that too. Anyway, I'm sorry for the long post, but since I don't come by so often, thought I'd catch up.

Best to all of you! ❤️

So, I had an amazing day today! Like, if everything was normal, this would’ve been a normal day, but it was so amazing to do stuff that felt normal. My  favorite coffee shop opened today, for the first time since March 12. And when I say favorite I mean, the coffee shop where I go to buy my salted caramel latte almost every day when I’m at work, and some times also in the weekends. It happened the same day as a day I had to go to work, because I had some things where being disturbed by construction work would be really inconvenient. So I went to buy coffee with 3 colleagues! And I met the amazing baristas again, and we were just so happy! I have to admit I almost cried when I came outside sipping my coffee. And my colleague was likewise. It just felt so like before! But better, because it’s after. 
Also I went on a long ride out in the woods together with another lady and her horse. Almost 2 hours. And I haven’t been riding at all since October, but for the last weeks. Cause corona gave me an empty calendar and lots off time in the stable. So I’m very positive today!

So for everyone out there wondering if this will ever be over: it will! Normal things will slowly start to happen, and they will feel magical, because they’re normal. Look forward to it, and hang in there!

I’m a very routine kind off person. So I kinda live by routines. 

So the postponings, are you guys mostly sad or mostly relieved? I think I’m mostly relieved, since I realized not going wouldn’t even be an option anymore, but now it’s still possible. 

Yes me too! Honestly I couldn't afford to go now as I've not had the work I expected, so a year's postponement is fine by me. More time to save and to decorate this giant army-esque jacket I found. Also more time to get fit. I cannot rock out for five minutes at present, let alone ninety...

Can you imagine if they'd cancelled? 90,000 refunds oh god it makes me feel nervous thinking about it. 

Another year to get fit is great! And I’m so relieved we don’t have to go through the buying process again, once was more than enough. All that stress! 

On 4/19/2020 at 12:28 PM, Indifferent Ignorance said:

God that's appalling. Is there no way you can work from home?

No. I'm the backbone of the dental office I work at and reliable person who can get stuff done on time. 😔 But soon enough from what we were advised, last week, instead of working for 4 days it will become only 2 days to limit the amount of people in the office.

I have a feeling everything will be postponed until next year. We just need a miracle, because this city isn't looking to pretty to start reopening little by little. It'll probably go into mid to late summer for it to get the green light.

12 hours ago, xmcrxravenx said:

No. I'm the backbone of the dental office I work at and reliable person who can get stuff done on time. 😔 But soon enough from what we were advised, last week, instead of working for 4 days it will become only 2 days to limit the amount of people in the office.

I have a feeling everything will be postponed until next year. We just need a miracle, because this city isn't looking to pretty to start reopening little by little. It'll probably go into mid to late summer for it to get the green light.

Ah you're indispensable! At least you're going to have fewer days. 

My town is dead (or so I'm told, I've not been out properly since just before lockdown came in). A lot of local events have been postponed or cancelled, not that we're a huge cultrual hub anyway! My next closest city is London, which is obviously slowed down but not stopped completely.

I had this incident yesterday, that reminded me how strange these times are. I figured I needed to buy toilet paper while out on my weekly grocery shopping, and I usually buy in bulk, cause I can’t be bothered buying it every second week. Even though that’s my normal behavior, I considered buying a smaller pack, just to not have people glare at me. But I figured the stores are stocked up, and it’s what I would usually buy, so I take the big packages. 
Problem was, when I had touched the big package, I realized it was without a handle. And we all know, if you touch it, you buy it! No getting away from that, so I had to take this big package with no handle, and we’re already concerned about carrying it. I somehow got it with me to the car, with my grocery bags, but very clumsily indeed. And felt like everyone was glaring at the girl buying more than her share off tp. I figured it would be no good trying to get everything in one go when I came home, but I really dreaded to have the big package laying in my car, for everyone to see! And since I’m lazy and stuff, I didn’t go back to take it in before going to the stable, so I felt like everyone who would see my car would think badly off me! Also felt really stupid when I finally carried it inside. 

Honestly, I will probably buy the smaller package from now one, just because off this weird experience😅

I would have done the same thing in buying the bulk. It'll save you time and avoid in returning to the store again.