Well, seems like this virus has made a real impact on the world by now. MCR is postponing shows, and countries do all kinds off crazy things to stop this. How are you guys doing, and how is this affecting you?

Norway just closed all schools and kindergartens, so from today I’m teaching my students online. It’s gonna be an interesting experience. All theaters, concerts and everything that gather people (even pubs, and the likes) and also things like hairdressers and other services were people have to touch their customers are closed. This happened pretty sudden yesterday, and we all feel like it’s a taste of how it would feel like if it was a war. 

I'm not really scared for me, as a healthy adult I'll probably be fine, but I am scared of passing it to my elderly neighbours, my baby nephew, my guides who all go to different schools and my best friend who works with special needs and often immuno-compromised children. 

I'm concerned that I'm self employed and if I need to self isolate I'll lose £700-1000 if the government don't help out.

I did a massive food shop yesterday - I don't want to panic buy, but I realised my cupboards were really empty and I definitely didn't have enough food for even a week. I've not gone buying stuff I wouldn't usually eat anyway, but I'll probably have eaten it all before we ever need to quarantine 🙈 I must admit I'm shocked by the measures Italy have taken (not that I don't think they're necessary). I was adament they would never go that far as it would cause too many logistical problems, but then they went and did it! That's made it hit home that it actually could happen to us.

I must remember to go and buy more dog chews and cat food! 

We've made sure there's food in the house (definitely no panic buying) and I got longlife milk the other day because I am not drinking my tea black but otherwise all I've really done is wash my hands more... we're worried about my grandmother and suggested she avoids going food shopping or out when she doesn't need to.

In terms of work, I can work from home (and do) so unless I lose a client specifically because of the virus, a) I can work anyway and b) if I can't work I just won't get paid. I'm nervous for the long term effects on the economy, as the marketing person is usually the first to get laid off (been there before!) but I'm going to college in autumn anyway so although I'd be hard(er) up, the world wouldn't end.

By the way, apparently Chinese restaurants and takeaways are struggling since this happened because people are ignorant af. So if you're stuck indoors and ordering in, consider getting a Chinese!

Norway basically closed down, and I picked up my sister (she was living at school close to were  I live) and went up to our cabin to meet our parents. Even though they keep saying don’t go to your cabin🙈 

I’m going back home on Sunday, but everything feels very unsure now, so I wanted to see my parents before it all goes Costa Rica! I had class with my students online this morning, and that was pretty weird, but worked surprisingly well. I haven’t really stocked up on food yet, but I’m wondering if there will be any food at all when I get to the grocery store, since everyone is buying way more than they will be able to use in the next months.

I were laughing when China shut down, and said that would never happen over here. Then Italy shocked me by showing that stuff can actually happen in Europe as well. And now it’s Norway, and it all feels so surreal! I really feel like I’m in some kind of dystopia from a book read movie. We all told each other that when we left work yesterday, and we don’t really now when we’re gonna see each other again. Also, it’s the underlying worry about if we’ll see each other again. 

I’m not panicking yet, but I have a bad feeling about everything. This just got real!

I think if they shut things down in the UK I'll start feeling anxious, but my brain is quite chilled right now. Thank god, because I stress enough about everything else... I do worry that healthy people hoarding food is going to be an issue for people who are less able to get to the shops, and I worry about countries with iffy healthcare systems. I know the NHS is slow and creaking and barely together, but at least no one is going to have to force themselves into work when they're ill because they need to work in order to get their health insurance.

I'm currently suffering due to allergies season, since Tuesday.

Overall, I'm taking it one day at a time, going about my normal routine. I use mass transit to commute to work and have been washing my hands everytime I arrive at work and when I arrive home, then in between since I work at a dental office. So far my state had announced for all schools to close for 2 weeks. One of the counties (province/district) by me is basically on shut down since they have had more cases appear within the state of Pennsylvania. At home, we're short with bottles of water at home and if in any case we'll just hot boil tap water. I'll be either relaxing tomorrow or dealing with my parents needs since I'm off on the weekends.

So it’s slowly starting to sink in that this is actually happening. At the same time, there are a lot of things that are surprisingly comfortable. Since my students are not allowed to go to school anymore, I have to teach them from home. And that means I don’t have to go to school, and also that I can do all kind off chores in between lessons (and also in lessons when my students don’t need me).

I do love my appartement! You guys might not remember, but I bought it one and a half year ago, and it has this awesome balcony where I have both a big couch and a hammock. And it’s behind windows, so I can stay out there even though it’s cold outside! And this is good, cause I came home from my cabin on Sunday and woke up on Monday with the news telling me that I’m not allowed out because I have a slight cold. 

I totally understand why I have to stay inside, and that it’s important to protect those at risk, so don’t think I’m mad for having to stay inside! It just feel so silly, since I feel like a have a mild cold like at least 80% of the year. I’ve been like this, and most of the time worse, since Christmas, and now I have to stay home. I respect it, and I don’t think the rules are stupid in any way, so it’s just for me personally it’s like... I went to work feeling so much worse that this! 

Luckily we already do online teaching, so I don’t have to miss work😊 Also, since I came home on Sunday, my plan was to go grocery shopping on Monday or Tuesday... so now I get to organize my cupboards and empty my freezer and be creative about my food. I have lots of food, so I won’t starve, but there might be some funny combinations eventually. I’ll be sure to tell if they get to crazy! 

All in all I think it’s interesting how you can get used to the situation you’re stucked in. I’ve never really experienced anything like this, like a real national crisis, and still it really feels okey right now. But off course, I’m probably one of those who won’t experience a big aftermath, with loosing work and everything...

Stay safe and wash your hands guys! 

I feel like you're doing this right, Sonia. You aren't panic-ordering toilet paper, you're happy to enjoy your home (which sounds lovely) and you're staying calm. You're fortunate to have a job you can still do, too. I think it helps to know you've got things to do while you're inside, as well as the peace of mind from knowing you still have an income.

I went out into town today for one of the last times for a while. I usually go three or four times a week, but today I had my shopping list and one meeting and was like, 'let's get this done'. I'm still able to go out, technically, but I've cancelled social plans. I'm going to see my grandmother on Thursday to help her with a new TV but it'll be very much 'stay six feet away from me in case I accidentally kill you, let's get this TV sorted so you don't die of boredom in the next 3 months.' She's not taking this thing seriously at all and the family is saying 'you need to stay in and stay alive' but nopenope.

Work wise, the work is drying up. I'm in marketing and right now, there's not a lot to market. I'm fortunate I have some savings and that I live with a parent, so I won't be too badly impacted but my heart breaks for all the businesses that will go bust because of this.

I have to admit that I look at my little pile of toilet paper, and count them several times a day, because I’m made aware off that fact that other people feel the need to have a lot off it these days🙈 It would be horrible to be out off toilet paper! But I’m okey for now😅 just hope there’s some left in the store when I’m allowed to go out!

It sounds like you’re doing this right as well. I hope your grandmother stays safe, and maybe realize that she should be careful. It’s horrible when they don’t know what’s best for themselves, but at the same time you can’t really force grown ups... but it’s good you’ll fix the tv, that makes it easier to stay inside!

I really feel for all the people who lose their income and maybe even their job or goes bankrupt these days. I can’t really think too much about it, cause I’m not ready to panic about what the world will  look like on the other side. So for now I just feel bad on the surface, and try to believe that this will work out somehow. 

There is definitely something to be said for taking things a day at a time. I got a bit stir crazy today and went outside to hack some dead branches off bushes in my dad's garden. Highly recommend it for a bit of relief haha.

I have increased my Snapchat use a lot these days! One activity is me and a friend sending pics of today’s coffee cup😛 I feel a need to communicate with people, but don’t really have much to say, since I’m just home alone, so it’s gotten to the very small daily things. 

I'm not stuck at home YET, I'm just agonisingly waiting to see if I become symptomatic as a client has it.

I'm really upset with him, I don't know if I'm being dramatic but I feel... violated? I don't know if that's the right word.

His dog was booked in for a walk and then groom last Friday (I transport him to the groomer after the walk). I arrived and both guys were home, which I thought was odd, but they were upstairs so I just got the dog, put his harness on and left. I walked him and drove him to the groomer, waited for him to be groomed, then dropped him home again. When I dropped him home the one guy was downstairs and acted really weird, no small talk like normal on the rare occasions I see him. Thinking back to it, he was odd when I tried to come into the kitchen where he was so I just stopped, asked if he wanted me to take the harness off the dog (to which I got a blunt "no") and left. I didn't think anything of it until Monday morning when the client messaged saying he and his family were self isolating as he's sure he has it (in the last five weeks he has travelled to Italy and America for work so it's highly likely). From the way he acted on Friday, I'm now certain he knew then, but didn't want to say anything in case the walk/groom got cancelled. There's not really any other explanation for why both clients were home and they acted so weird. I'm livid because they don't know me, they don't know that I'm not diabetic, pregnant, asthmatic and so on. I'm just so shocked at how selfish it was, just so their dog was could be groomed. The irony is, if they'd told me I still would've walked their dog, I'd have just known to take extra precautions, but I didn't introduce my full "coronavirus policy" and put a statement out until Saturday (though obviously I was hand washing more frequently by then - but that's hard to do on a walk!). 

Thankfully, I'm a healthy adult, and there's only a very small chance I will have picked it up from the dog/while in the house. If I do get it I don't doubt I'll be fine, but the lady who groomed him is about 70 so may not be, and I was at a workshop on Sunday with a lady who's been in and out of hospital with a chest infection for two months and she may not be either 🤬

I am "social distancing" (aka living my life exactly the same as before 😂). I'm only leaving my house to work (I don't really see any humans so I should be fine!), and I'm taking a lot of precautions to protect both myself and the owners. I'm just so annoyed at the situation 😒

I’m stuck at home, and I’m happy to receive letters if you want to send! Although no pressure, as I already get them regularly🙃

Kerry you have every right to be furious! I’m glad you didn’t have any real contact with them, and that you’re not in the risk zone, but they probably knew, and then were still willing to risk it. That’s actually a felony! Like for real, you could get fines and be put in prison in Norway. And probably in the Uk as well. 

It’s bad enough when people may have infected you cause they didn’t know they were infected, but this is just plain mean! 
You were wondering if you were just being dramatic, I would say definitely not!

As the days go by more people are staying indoors in Philly. Public transit has changed there schedules to their normal Saturday schedules. Since Thursday I've been driving to work to lessen the amount of people I come across. Yesterday, I took the chance of the nice weather to wash the car. Took my time doing it too since I didn't use the water hose, it was still windy.

I'm going to try and go to one of the largest Parks of the city today because we have cherry blossom trees lined up by the Schyulkill River and it's currently blooming. I keep track of the amount of steps I take daily and it's recommend to do over 6,000. I need to get some type of exercise in because I've been doing very bad lately, haven't reached over 3,000 for the past 4 days. Definitely will be keeping my distance from the other residents who will pass by there.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:32 AM, dropthedaggerromeo. said:

I'm not stuck at home YET, I'm just agonisingly waiting to see if I become symptomatic as a client has it.

I'm really upset with him, I don't know if I'm being dramatic but I feel... violated? I don't know if that's the right word.

His dog was booked in for a walk and then groom last Friday (I transport him to the groomer after the walk). I arrived and both guys were home, which I thought was odd, but they were upstairs so I just got the dog, put his harness on and left. I walked him and drove him to the groomer, waited for him to be groomed, then dropped him home again. When I dropped him home the one guy was downstairs and acted really weird, no small talk like normal on the rare occasions I see him. Thinking back to it, he was odd when I tried to come into the kitchen where he was so I just stopped, asked if he wanted me to take the harness off the dog (to which I got a blunt "no") and left. I didn't think anything of it until Monday morning when the client messaged saying he and his family were self isolating as he's sure he has it (in the last five weeks he has travelled to Italy and America for work so it's highly likely). From the way he acted on Friday, I'm now certain he knew then, but didn't want to say anything in case the walk/groom got cancelled. There's not really any other explanation for why both clients were home and they acted so weird. I'm livid because they don't know me, they don't know that I'm not diabetic, pregnant, asthmatic and so on. I'm just so shocked at how selfish it was, just so their dog was could be groomed. The irony is, if they'd told me I still would've walked their dog, I'd have just known to take extra precautions, but I didn't introduce my full "coronavirus policy" and put a statement out until Saturday (though obviously I was hand washing more frequently by then - but that's hard to do on a walk!). 

Thankfully, I'm a healthy adult, and there's only a very small chance I will have picked it up from the dog/while in the house. If I do get it I don't doubt I'll be fine, but the lady who groomed him is about 70 so may not be, and I was at a workshop on Sunday with a lady who's been in and out of hospital with a chest infection for two months and she may not be either 🤬

I am "social distancing" (aka living my life exactly the same as before 😂). I'm only leaving my house to work (I don't really see any humans so I should be fine!), and I'm taking a lot of precautions to protect both myself and the owners. I'm just so annoyed at the situation 😒

If the guy knew he was ill, he should have notified you before you had the chance of walking through that door or at least leaving a written note by the door for you.

My cold is gone, and I’ve gotten a few real life activities back! Like going for walks and go grocery shopping😁 I got a bit crazy when I saw all the fresh food at the grocery store yesterday, as I’ve been living out off my freezer and cupboards.

Well, instead off buying canned food like everyone else, I bought fresh meat, fish and vegetables. So that’s a high! Also, I’m a lazy introvert, and that’s amazing traits for times like these. I’m actually enjoying being socially distanced and being able to chill without feeling the pressure of doing stuff. 

Also my friends have started to arrange digital stuff, like yesterday there were 7 off us knitting together, but off course from our own homes. That was nice! And when work is over today I’m going to see Mick Mac for the first time since all this happened. So I’m actually doing great. Off course there’s stuff that’s annoying, and that I wish I could change, but since I can’t I’m enjoying a life that for once is pro-introverts😃

So glad you can get out and about again! I'm generally quite introverted but I had a long Skype call with a friend yesterday and realised afterwards how iffy I'd been feeling. Maybe I'm... more sociable than I thought? Help

You must be so excited to see mick mac! I'm glad everyone seems to be okay so far 🤞

It'll be two weeks tomorrow since I came in to contact with the client who has it and no symptoms so far so I can breathe a sigh of relief. Of course that doesn't mean I don't have it, I could be asymptomatic.

I can't wait for this all to be over! 

Me neither. I think I'd like to make a list of things to do once we're free. I was chatting to a friend about it and we both said that there are shops, cafes, places to go and things we've told ourselves 'that would be nice to visit' but have never found the time. Except there's kind of no excuse? Now I'm sat at home all I can think is 'it would not have been that difficult to go to that cafe that's 15 minutes out of my way.' 

So once we're allowed out, assuming I am not bankrupt, I'm doing those things!

Took my chances on Thursday, since it was so nice out to view the cherry blossoms where I wanted to go real quick a couple of days back. It was so serene. Sucks that not many people are able to go out during this time, because a lot of the residents here are taking extra precautions now because the city skyrocketed with confirmed cases the past few days passing the other counties in the state of Pennsylvania.

Cherry Blossoms... (3 images) 

• Like 1

Those photos are lovely! I've been taking walks around my neighbourhood, which I'm fortunate has quite a few trees and lots of well-kept gardens with very neat floral arrangements.

Went to the shops today, was a bit depressed by the number of people not adhering to social distancing but most people were being really careful.