germieworm

"The Summoning" Theories!!!

Alright MCRmy!!! 

Assuming you all had seen their most recent videos on the tube, let's talk theories about the story and decode what the dang TV symbol means! 

This was all planned from the start, those clever slimy wonderful little men.

SmartSelect_20200129-102212_YouTube.jpg

Well the tv symbols were the dates that they announced today 

So we just need to decode this symbol with a sigil chart!

I’m so glad you made this thread!! I’ve been confusing myself way too much on insta and Twitter by now, reading theories in those annoying comment sections. 

I cling to the theories that say it’s building up to a new album named Phantoms forever. 

I deny the ones that say it’s a good bye tour. 

It really felt like an album announcement. I read that they might not want to release an album without having leaked any songs in concerts and stuff first, so I’m eager to hear if they play anything new in Aussie! That will strengthen the new album theory. 

I feel like this would be a lot of work creating a new thematic universe just for tour announcements. I definitely see some witchcraft/pagan or occult/magick theme album. Literally what my dreams are made of.

(I'm actually a witchcraft practitioner of pagan faith now so.... #goals)

8 minutes ago, NeverComingHome said:

I feel like this would be a lot of work creating a new thematic universe just for tour announcements. I definitely see some witchcraft/pagan or occult/magick theme album. Literally what my dreams are made of.

(I'm actually a witchcraft practitioner of pagan faith now so.... #goals)

This is what I thought too. I know they like to be ott and dramatic, but I can't see all of this being just for a tour... Unless it's the end of all tours ever 😟

I really hope they wouldnt be so dramatic just to announce a goodbye tour because we expect big things when they get this cryptic.

• Like 1

Am I evil for hoping that people forget there's a third date and sleep in when tickets go on sale? It's my one chance to see them and that 'sold out' page is absolutely soul crushing. JUST TWO TICKETS, UNIVERSE, PLEASE.

10 minutes ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Am I evil for hoping that people forget there's a third date and sleep in when tickets go on sale? It's my one chance to see them and that 'sold out' page is absolutely soul crushing. JUST TWO TICKETS, UNIVERSE, PLEASE.

Would you be able to hop over to a neighboring country?

I either have a 15 hour drive or a flight for the shows I'm aiming for.

8 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Not evil! I will be crossing fingers and toes and everything else for you. I mean, I know the feeling you have right now, waiting and not knowing. Just be ready and do several windows on your screen. I had like three different tabs searching for tickets. Also hoping that it’s a bit easier for you to get the tickets now, since Thursday is a bit more difficult for people than Saturday and Sunday. Like, I couldn’t have gotten to the Thursday show, it wouldn’t be possible with last days at school and everything...

• Like 1

Back to the summoning theories, seeing Gees and Mikeys instas make me doubt the good bye theory more and more. I think there’s more to come, they have had a lot of time plotting, and they’re good at plotting and keeping us in suspense!

Agreed Sonia.

I think the whole summoning thing is like how Mikey put it. We summoned them back! We just couldnt say goodbye.

Okay all of the symbolism in the summoning was pretty obvious but I took pause at the room number on the Bella Muerte key. It's 519 and that feels like a date but I 100% could be overthinking. In the past, they played their last show before the breakup on 5/19/2012. But also what if it's a hint at a future date...? 

This theory is probably reading too much into it BUT if it turns out to be something then I want to have said it somewhere thank you for witnessing 😁

15 hours ago, DNAdrain said:

Okay all of the symbolism in the summoning was pretty obvious but I took pause at the room number on the Bella Muerte key. It's 519 and that feels like a date but I 100% could be overthinking. In the past, they played their last show before the breakup on 5/19/2012. But also what if it's a hint at a future date...? 

This theory is probably reading too much into it BUT if it turns out to be something then I want to have said it somewhere thank you for witnessing 😁

I actually had the same thought--everything was put in that video with so much care and planning that there’s no way it doesn’t mean something. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RadarAnomaly said:

I actually had the same thought--everything was put in that video with so much care and planning that there’s no way it doesn’t mean something. 

Exactly! It's such a big number! Like bigger than the words! And I know that that's just kind of how motel keys look but still I can't shake the idea that it means SOMEthing........they super could've gotten away with just writing "hotel bella Muerte" as tho the number is on the reverse side but it's so big and blatant. Also I kind of just really want it to mean something 😅

24 minutes ago, DNAdrain said:

Exactly! It's such a big number! Like bigger than the words! And I know that that's just kind of how motel keys look but still I can't shake the idea that it means SOMEthing........they super could've gotten away with just writing "hotel bella Muerte" as tho the number is on the reverse side but it's so big and blatant. Also I kind of just really want it to mean something 😅

Yep! So big and bold, it grabs your attention even more than the name. That’s intentional. It has to be! Whether it’s a date, I don’t know, but there’s a message in there. 

• Like 1