Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fires Just Bathe Us

2019 Theory

I don't know anything specifically called 'the 2019 Theory' but I can guess a bunch of people think MCR's going to reunite next year. Cassie (PoisonAndFire on here) put it better than me on her blog: http://www.cassiethevenomous.com/2018/01/my-chemical-romance-rumors.html but the short answer from me is, nah.

That sounded like I was raining on your parade, I didn't mean to. I think there's a good chance MCR will perform or work together again someday, but I really wish people wouldn't keep bringing it up as though the band members owe us something or the break up was a big conspiracy theory/grand plan.                  

I'm glad you posted Cassie's article, it sums up perfectly how I feel. It's like a broken record. I want to simultaneously smash my head against the wall and roll my eyes so far back I can see my brain each time these rumours surface again (not necessarily the "2019 theory" but the recent "omgzzz1!!1! ther websyt changed so ther gettin bk 2gevva!1!!!1!")

In terms of this theory (I've also never heard of it haha) I think if they did do any shows in 2019 it would be coincidental rather than purposeful. It'll just be that it was the right time for them, not the right time for their fans.

I don't see them ever touring again, but I'm willing to be proved wrong! However I definitely think they'll perform together again, whether it's a few localised shows or a charity gig or something.

I guess time will tell!