Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MurderKilljoy

Suicide Squad

I just watched the trailer they showed on SDCC and i think it was awesome!
Have you watched it, what did you think about it?

What are your thoughts on the actor choices?
:)

Ah Murder you look great! (originally this was on the Post a Pic page but I generally try to stay off that page cuz I'm waaay to scared of ever sending photos of myself) But I wanted to say that I'm totally psyched about the Suicide Squad too!!!

I have to say thanks to Gerard for mentioning it. I agree, Jared Leto looks unrecognizable...do I always confuse him with someone...Rob Lowe maybe? I guess both are very fine actors tho.

Will Smith-always great! And I just really think Margot Robbie is such a beauty! Speaking of getting confused, I swore that was Gillian Jacobs (Britta from Community, if any of you folks know this show), because her acting is so playful like Britta. But Margot's our silver screen star! (is that right-silver screen for movies? I was trying to sound all "in the know,"but...)

I'm not really sold on the Joker, at least from the trailer. To play that character better than Ledger (or even close to) is hard as it was near perfect for me. I don't know, the cast seems a bit weak for me, maybe I'm picking holes because I'm a film student, or I just generally have a bad taste in actors, but eh, I'm not a massive fan of Smith or Leto.

But saying that, I think it'll be a great movie, and it's hard to know how good or bad it'll be from a trailer. I've always been a sucker for superhero movies. (I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot.)  

I'm more hyped for Star Wars, but maybe that means I'll be more disappointed.

Ah Murder you look great! (originally this was on the Post a Pic page but I generally try to stay off that page cuz I'm waaay to scared of ever sending photos of myself) But I wanted to say that I'm totally psyched about the Suicide Squad too!!!

400x400px-LL-e95604cb_Happy-oh-stop-it-y

Thanks! 

I agree, Heath is a tough one to follow. But I'm happy Jared is creating his own version of Joker. With superman and fantasy movies I'm pretty easy to be satisfied if it isn't a movie adaption of a game or book or something. I got so excited about this that I decided to go get the comics tomorrow and read them and I hope I don't get my hopes too high. In a way I hope they would't follow the comic at all.

So, in all honesty, I am surprised to see Smith here, but I still meant what I said. I've always enjoyed his movies, even WWW which got a lot of criticism. That being said, I am no elitist, I judge the movies simply on the movies, with the exception of Xmen. Thought they could do more with the Phoenix and not kil her off right away. I digress. I will most definitely give Suicide Squad a watch.

To be honest I'm pretty excited to see Jared as joker, he's a very good actor, I think he'll do a great job with it! :)

I know he only said few words in the trailer, but I believe Jared Leto could pull The Joker act. I mean, yeah his laughter was a bit odd (probably it was a sarcastic laugh?) but when he started talking and he looked right through your eyes with his maddening eyes and pain-lusting silver smile, he really gave me a different The Joker vibe that seems very dark and insane.

If we have to make comparison with the old Jokers, Mark Hamill's still the scariest and the creepiest and crazy, obviously. Jack's performance was also great, especially his smiles...God, that smile scares me the most when I was a kid watching that movie. He was crazy, and angsty, but not too chaotic as Heath Ledger's. Ledger's was unforgiven, anarchic, intelligent and realistic--that's what makes him scary.

And I think Jared will be more psychotic in a sense that he really, really needs a pyschiatrist to fix him. Probably won't be scary, but will be fun to watch him bring the pain. But then again, he is going to be in this movie as a cameo, so we may never know.

Joke®'s over...

I thought they all look well casted, especially for Harley Quinn (Yayayay!! <3). But hopefully, she doesn't do Tara Strong's portrayal (that would be unrealistic). I guess only one cast that I'm concerned with, and it is Will Smith as Deadshot. Not because of the skin colour alright, but I gotten used to see Will Smith as an awesome, cool, badass hero. I din't know much about Deadshot, he is just a paid, skillful assassin who is really annoying in Arkham City and in Arkham Origins because of his ability. From what I saw, this character is going to be someone relatable and probably suitable for Will Smith.

I'd be looking forward to see this movie when it's coming out, overall.

But I am even more looking forward to watch Deadpool. *.*

I hate how hard it is for Deadpool to be done. He's so campy, clever, awesome insane. His mental instability rivals The Joker's and everyone else who in that vein of crazy sane shit storm of a person.

You know what?........That would be super interesting if we could see both Deadpool and The Joker in one comic together.....holy hell I can't even imagine what will happen!! *o*

To be honest I'm pretty excited to see Jared as joker, he's a very good actor, I think he'll do a great job with it! :)

me too XD he is an amazing actor, that is why I am so excited to see the movie because of him XD as joker :)

You know what?........That would be super interesting if we could see both Deadpool and The Joker in one comic together.....holy hell I can't even imagine what will happen!! *o*

That would be so interesting :D

Oh, hi there, stranger...guessing you are Lisa?? I see you friended me...this place is sooo nice. XD

I also can't wait for this movie!

still haven't seen the trailer!! Wait, maybe I did, ;)

haha yeah i did ;)

i am exciting especially because of jared leto playing the joker :rolleyes::wub:

haha yeah i did ;)

i am exciting especially because of jared leto playing the joker :rolleyes::wub:

ah, you like Jared eh? You kindof have a thing for Jareds don't you? ;)

I actually ...well, from what I saw I do like Leto and the Joker...but I like Margot Robbie a lot. Idk why, she's just well very good in these... roles?? (plus, she looks so much like the actress from this show Community...always forget her name...but I like her a lot...she's very cool in that show...even though she's sometimes dumb lol)

also, will smith! I'm surprised at him being in this, but I really always enjoyed him too! (all the way back to Fresh Prince days!!!-if you know what that is)

400x400px-LL-e95604cb_Happy-oh-stop-it-y

Thanks! 

I agree, Heath is a tough one to follow. But I'm happy Jared is creating his own version of Joker. With superman and fantasy movies I'm pretty easy to be satisfied if it isn't a movie adaption of a game or book or something. I got so excited about this that I decided to go get the comics tomorrow and read them and I hope I don't get my hopes too high. In a way I hope they would't follow the comic at all.

I love this little pic Murder! XD

ah, you like Jared eh? You kindof have a thing for Jareds don't you? ;)

I actually ...well, from what I saw I do like Leto and the Joker...but I like Margot Robbie a lot. Idk why, she's just well very good in these... roles?? (plus, she looks so much like the actress from this show Community...always forget her name...but I like her a lot...she's very cool in that show...even though she's sometimes dumb lol)

also, will smith! I'm surprised at him being in this, but I really always enjoyed him too! (all the way back to Fresh Prince days!!!-if you know what that is)

hahaha yeah maybe !!! these jared's :P

yeah she is absolutly amazing!!! i also kinda love her

Have you watched the new trailer? I think it's pretty good. :D I'll link it to you guys if you haven't seen it yet.

What do you think of it? :)