Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Spork

Crafty Rmy

I love making things. If I can make it My Chemical Romance related, even better. 

I've made Killjoy peg dolls. I'm currently working on making embroidered patches, and My Chemical Romance OOAK dolls. 

What are you working on?

Funny that you should post this.

Brinn and I have been tall in recently about our creative endeavors, opening etsy shops and selling our work.

I am primarily a 2 dimensional artist as I do acrylic painting as well as ink, pencil, charcoal and pastel drawings.

I'm selling in an art fair this summer so I'm definitely getting practice from making so much!

I hope to branch into dolls and sculpture once the fair is done and I have more time.

Dolls are like my dream craft. I found a great book on making soft sculptured dolls, can't wait to actually try it out. So far I've done mostly painting stuff. I tried to find the MCR peg dolls I painted for my daughter by they're her favorites so they're scattered all over the place. 

Love love this thread - and MCR peg dolls. :)

Crafting is kind of my job - or a part of it; I design stationery and accessories for my Etsy. I've been thinking of branching out into and I give these the wrong name those glass bottles with glitter in them... like the ones people pretend are full of unicorn magic and put on necklaces. I never know what to call them, but they're cute so I'm thinking of learning how to make them as well. :)

I knit. I don't feel like that's as creative as what you guys do, but I love doing it, and people say they like the clothes I knit for them. Especially my mom xD I think my next project will be a Lightning McQueen sweater for my nephew, since I just finished my horse-sock-project.

Speaking of MCR related crafts, I have been playing with the thought of making MCR-socks, either related to the album, or personal killjoy socks, with killjoy name and colors. But then I found out that I wanted to knit socks for people living in countries were wool socks wouldn't be needed xD

Knitting definitely counts as crafting! Do you make lots and sell them? Also, do you make slippers or anything? That's an alternative to wool socks hah

I don't sell, I give away xD that's why I'm always broke... Once I made a sweater for a guy who paid for the yarn. But i usually make gifts, or something for myself :) I've never made slippers. But I have made "wool-shoes". Don't know what they're called in English, but we use them indoors in Norway, if the floor is cold.

That's so cool. I can't knit or crochet. I wish I could, but I'm allergic to wool, so there's not much point anyways other than saying I can. 

I'm still trying to figure out how to post the damned picture. GRRRR!

MCR%20Peg%20Dolls.jpgI

I figured it out! This is the only picture I had access to because my phone is dead. My daughter's roughed them up pretty good. I think Party Poison may have takes a swim in some fruit punch at one point. But here's three of the five I did. 

I was going to ask what peg dolls are but then I saw the picture. They're so cute!! I love them.

Over the years I've done quite a few MCR crafts and I wish I had pictures of all of them to show you guys. I tried to make a set of Killjoy felt chibi dolls and got as far as Gerard and Mikey; I made a killjoy mask; thread bracelets, beaded key chains, a couple paintings, and tons of fan art. I know there's more and I'll have to trawl through my photos to show you.

I finally found this...but I didn't see Sandra on here...well, it's crafty, so here you go.

I don't sell, I give away xD that's why I'm always broke... Once I made a sweater for a guy who paid for the yarn. But i usually make gifts, or something for myself :) I've never made slippers. But I have made "wool-shoes". Don't know what they're called in English, but we use them indoors in Norway, if the floor is cold.

I give away everything too, so I know how you feel!

Sonia, if you make decent stuff you should definitely sell! If your hobby can make money, then why not?

And Brinn, I remember a time yiu had some big idea about making all sorts of different homemade things. Was it household things like soap of something? I can't remember.

I also remember I'm supposed to be your canada Consultan for your jewellery and art haha when's that gonna happen? ;p

Sonia, if you make decent stuff you should definitely sell! If your hobby can make money, then why not?

And Brinn, I remember a time yiu had some big idea about making all sorts of different homemade things. Was it household things like soap of something? I can't remember.

I also remember I'm supposed to be your canada Consultan for your jewellery and art haha when's that gonna happen? ;p

Yeah, I could probably sell some things, but it's so stressful to find buyers, and then there is the pressure of making it good enough xD

Just make them because you enjoy and worry about selling after! You can make an onine shop or sell at markets or trade.

I want to open an online shop but I font know what the best site to use would be..m. I'm thinking etsy because it is the most popular so I'd have the most luck getting views on it?