Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dropthedaggerromeo.

Mcrmy Uk Revenge Party/fundraiser

YOU are invited to MCRmy UK's party/fundraiser to celebrate 10 years since Revenge came out and the release of Tom Bryant's book The True Lives of My Chemical Romance. He will be there signing copies of the book, which you will be able to buy before it's even available from the shops!

The venue is Barfly, London, entry is £3.50 (raising money for Make A Wish) and it is running 1pm - 6pm on 7th June.

There is also an absolutely amazing raffle with some seriously awesome prizes sent directly from the band, including Ray's Jet Star helmet (yes, the real one he wore... and it's signed!), a rare signed print from Frank, his "For Jamia" single, a Danger Days laundry bag from James (I never even knew they existed, how awesome is that?!), and Gerard's ghost drawing from the Kerrang! awards acceptance speech a few years back. And many more!

Like the facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MCRmy-revenge10-party/1479034232311719

Join the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1436084056637771/

really really want to go - the Three Cheers meet-up looked sooooooooooooo fab ... but son will be smack bang in the middle of GCSEs in English and Science so he really should be revising. a dilemma indeed :unsure:

Ray, Frank and James have all sent goodies for the raffle (Ray has sent his Jet Star Danger Days helmet!) and Gerard's Kerrang! award acceptance ghost drawing is up for auction.  Lots of pictures of the prizes are on the Facebook page.

I've edited the original post -

There is also an absolutely amazing raffle with some seriously awesome prizes sent directly from the band, including Ray's Jet Star helmet (yes, the real one he wore... and it's signed!), a rare signed print from Frank, his "For Jamia" single, a Danger Days laundry bag from James (I never even knew they existed, how awesome is that?!), and Gerard's ghost drawing from the Kerrang! awards acceptance speech a few years back. And many more!

Seriously guys, it's gonna be awesome! Go on the facebook page for pictures of the helmet etc.

hoping we can - depends on whether railcard comes through and how son's week of GCSEs goes. If all goes well, he can revise on the train down!

have you got a student railcard/16-25 thing? or get a friend to come with you and get one of the new cards 'two-gether' or something like it? i need the card in order to book and get cheaper fares - if i can't book in advance it's either full fare (too expensive) or off-peak fare on the day with railcard. it was a 2 month freebie offer then discounted price for new card so don't want to buy one at full price! fingers crossed - or will see if any friends have one I can borrow (shhhh,.don't tell anyone!!)

I'm working and can't get out of it, so gutted :(

Aw, I was hoping to meet you if I went! Hopefully it won't be the last ever meetup.

have you got a student railcard/16-25 thing? or get a friend to come with you and get one of the new cards 'two-gether' or something like it? i need the card in order to book and get cheaper fares - if i can't book in advance it's either full fare (too expensive) or off-peak fare on the day with railcard. it was a 2 month freebie offer then discounted price for new card so don't want to buy one at full price! fingers crossed - or will see if any friends have one I can borrow (shhhh,.don't tell anyone!!)

I got halfway through getting a 16-25 card and lost my photos - but yeah, I'm looking into prices. I swear the public transport people are as powerful as oil tycoons.  <_<

I know, I was looking forward to meeting some of you guys :/ Caz has said it's the last one she's organising, and as she's the one worth the links to the band, I doubt there'll ever be any more quite as awesome as hers!

I was planning on revising on the train up! But the rail fares are mad, so it might be a moot point. :(

Do they do coaches from where you are?  If so that could be a cheaper option. I have to change trains, and found if I searched for an 'all the way' ticket it was over £100, but if I booked each train separately it was less than £35 return in total!

Oh yeah megabus is usually ridiculously cheap, national express tend to do more routes but are more expensive.

And yeah, ca2019! Although in five years time I will almost certainly have a mortgage and possibly other financial commitments, 'cause life and stuff :/ and :)

really pleased for you ... but bummed that we can't make it. railcard didn't arrive so can't book train tickets and even if arrives tomorrow, post is never here before late morning so won't have time to get there.

guess i'll have to hunt down some of the MCRmy at Leeds Festival :)

snap!

waiting for the post today was like waiting for birthday cards when you're 7 years old! Nothing! Not one thing!! Sooooooooooo disappointed :(

Still - there's always CA2019 ... there's a whole plane ride to share :)