Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dropthedaggerromeo.

Mcrmy Secret Santa 2013 [Entry Closed]

It's SECRET SANTA TIME!

RULES:

1. Send an email to mcrmysecretsanta@hotmail.co.uk and tell me:

Name

Username

Postal address including country (please format this in the way it should be written out on the envelope)

Age group (13-17, 18-30, 30+)

Can you ship internationally or not?

If you send a gift to another country, I will do my very best to make sure you receive your gift from another country too. If you choose to only send within your own country, you will receive your gift from within your own country. Please consider this carefully before choosing as shipping can be expensive. You can normally search for shipping charges online if you want an estimate.

2. Please only sign up if you are absolutely certain you can send out a gift. Absolutely. Certain.

3. The deadline to sign up is November 19th. You will be emailed your partner’s address shortly after, probably on the 20th. I know this doesn't give people long to sign up, but shipping can take a while so I want people to have more time to prepare their gift. Emails have been sent out with your partner's details.

4. It is at my discretion whether I let you join in or not. This is only so that if I get a random person wanting to sign up who I've never heard of or somebody who has not sent their gift in the past, I know I won't run the risk of the same happening this year.

5. Do not post your address in this thread, email it to me.

6. Make sure you post the gift well in advance of Christmas to make sure it arrives in time. I recommend giving at least four to five weeks if you are shipping internationally, and three weeks if it's in the same country. There's nothing more disappointing than not receiving your gift until after Christmas.

7. Don’t open it before Christmas day!

8. Try to keep it a secret, or it’s not Secret Santa! If you wish to include your name/username with the gift that is fine, or you can reveal yourself after Christmas if you wish!

9. If you find out you can no longer send a gift, please let me know as soon as you can.

10. Unfortunately, I cannot take any liability if you do not receive your gift. I'll do what I can to chase it up though!

Your gift doesn’t have to cost a lot, a few pounds/dollars; you could even make it yourself. Remember it’s the thought that counts! You can see a few examples from previous years here and here.

I know this is starting a little later than usual but I kinda forgot until today! I'm doing it slightly differently this year, in that last year I tried to get as many people as possible to join up, and this year I won't be. Last year we had a bunch of new people sign up, but they never bothered sending their gift. This year, only people that come on here and see the thread can take part (aka I'm not going to advertise this anywhere else, except my twitter as I know a few people who don't come on here that often and need to make them aware). This doesn't mean that you can't take part if you're new, just that I'm being more cautious this year to avoid disappointments.

Go get signing up!

Deadline to sign up is today. I will take admissions for the next 12 hours and then I'll try and let you all know who you're sending to. Got a nice small group of us this year and it's nice to see all the regulars :)

Just in case nobody sees, rule 3 has been updated:

3. The deadline to sign up is November 19th. You will be emailed your partner’s address shortly after, probably on the 20th. I know this doesn't give people long to sign up, but shipping can take a while so I want people to have more time to prepare their gift. Emails have been sent out with your partner's details.

Hey Kerry,

I signed up but was never assigned someone. I sent you an email but have not heard back. Could you please write me on facebook or email to let me know who is my secret santa? Thanks!

I will email you tomorrow Sulfur, I have just worked 6 days in a row so had no spare time! I needed to send out everybody's email last Wednesday as I knew I wouldn't have time if I left it any later, hence why you didn't get an email. Don't worry, you will get someone :)

In other news, it would be really handy if one more person could sign up :)

I will email you tomorrow Sulfur, I have just worked 6 days in a row so had no spare time! I needed to send out everybody's email last Wednesday as I knew I wouldn't have time if I left it any later, hence why you didn't get an email. Don't worry, you will get someone :)

In other news, it would be really handy if one more person could sign up :)

Sounds good, just let me know Kerry. You can always send it to me on facebook as well. Might be easier to retrieve. Hope the rest of your week got better!

Kittens for everyone!

Aside from kittens (and MCR), what's on all of your lists? General interests, other fandoms, the like. This is important!

Personally, I like

Supernatural (TV series)

Piercings/tattoos

Sketching, drawing, and painting

Cats

Animals in general

The Sims

The Used, Tegan and Sara, Fitz and the Tantrums, Matt and Kim, Twenty One Pilots

Doctor Who (but I'm a novice watcher)

Lord of the Rings

and

Harry Potter/Slytherin

Please post your stupid lies and dislikes here, everyone! It will greatly help your Secret Santas.

I just noticed what that post said. Disregard the "stupid lies", please. It was supposed to say something about "likes" but autocorrect.