Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NxOhMissFriedxD

A Soldier Has Fallen

I'm not really sure where to start......

I've never really been a .commer, when I started my Rmy journey it was mcrmy.net, and when that shut down, I started mcrmy.me but a lot of people didn't know bc .net was shut down, out of the blue, with no warning and the boards were deleted so no one had the chance to get contact info.

BUT either way, I thought I'd make a post and reach out to everyone.

A soldier from the .net/.me has passed away.

We believe it to be suicide. But at this time we are unsure.

her name was Hilde, or screenname Hildexx.

She was from Norway, and of course we have tried to translate her FB page to see what happened, but no luck just yet.

I'm just reaching out to people who were members and pretty much to everyone of this devastating news. To know a MCR fan, a Rmy soldier, a person, at the age of 19 has passed away.

I'm not sure where to end this. I just wanted to call out to past members, to let them know.

Please translate it. There has been some "fake suicide attempts" in this fanbase and other various fanbases so I'm always a bit skeptical when I hear this, I don't mean that to sound heartless of course, I really hope it's not true, and if it is, god bless her soul.

No. Its real. Trust me. Its not someone that I found on tumblr or anything. It was a friend.

Again, we've translated what we could.

We're talking to her mother. So yeah......its real.

My main purpose of this post was to let everyone know a person had died, so young. And to hopefully let .net people (who joined after it was closed down) know of this.

When the boards were closed, no one knew, so a lot of peopel got lost int he mix.

Thanks for posting this Tiff, I just wanted to add on to this. I've never really been a .commer, because I felt so lost in a sea of fans when I joined. I preferred our little .me section, and once a few of us had bad encounters with people on this site, we left. But I'm not going to go into that now.

Hilde was a great person, and a great friend. I sincerely hope that we find people that were from the .net who remember her. She had some problems, but we banded together and, I think, made an impact on her life then. I'm literally just now realizing that one of our own is dead; it's taken a few days to sink in. I want to cry, but I can't. All I can do is be strong.

It kind of angers me that someone would believe that this is false, but I guess that's just because I was so close to Hilde. But yes, we've been in contact with family members and can confirm, although we do not know if it was suicide, but everything seems to point this way. I understand that some people do fake these kinds of things, and I understand the apprehension, but we would not have posted if this was fake in any way.

i'm glad you guys cleared that up. it's true that the mcrmy has experienced fake incidents in the past, so i hope you can understand why we would be a bit wary. but i understand why you would be frustrated and hurt at someone questioning your friend's death.

i'm sorry for your loss, and for her family's. i'm glad she was able to find a little community and good friends in you guys. it's always hard to hear about the death of an mcrmy member. even if we weren't a part of the same little community or group, it's still a loss of one of our own.

It kind of angers me that someone would believe that this is false, but I guess that's just because I was so close to Hilde. But yes, we've been in contact with family members and can confirm, although we do not know if it was suicide, but everything seems to point this way. I understand that some people do fake these kinds of things, and I understand the apprehension, but we would not have posted if this was fake in any way.

I'd like to clear up why I asked. There has been many fake posts, on twitter, tumblr, and the old MCRmy street forum. I was not trying to be disrespectful and if it came across that way, I sincerely apologise, that never was my intention, anyone who knows me should know that I am very emotional and forward in things I say, which admittedly, can cause problems. I myself have been affected by suicide in many ways, so I get skeptical. The history of fake posts have been around in and outside fanbases. I see it more than I'd like to admit.

But yes, I apologise. It was blunt and not at all respectful of me. If you want to take this to private messages to clear it up, by all means do so.

Celebrate her life, in the way that feels true to you. I'm sure the lurkers of this forum may have possibly known her, there has been many people join this forum when the old once closed down.

Again, I am sorry for your loss.