Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feralfire5000

Recent Mcr Nostalgia Moments

Since there isn't much (at all) news in the MCR world, this is a topic for posting stories of suddenly being reminded of the old days and thinking, "Ahhh, good times."

Here's mine:

Facebook apparently has a "this day in your FB history" button now that lets you look back at what you were doing exactly a year or two or three or whatever ago. I tested it out and apparently three years ago I said "[i have] has decided that [my] upcoming favourite My Chemical Romance song is the "Because" song from the WKIL channel. It sounds AWESOME! :]" This was from back when all we had to go on for new album clues was that weird link to the TV on mychemicalromance.com that had different channels and one was mostly static with some split-seconds of audible music. All I heard was the word "because" and I knew I would like that song a lot.

So a couple days later I was driving with 'Danger Days' on (because it's good driving music, especially when you're the only one on the road and you get to go fast) and "The Only Hope for Me Is You" came on. I happened to pay attention just as the "because the only hope for me is you alone" part played. That was when it clicked in my mind that this was the "because" I had heard on the WKIL channel.

And you know what? I had long established the "Only Hope for Me" was my favourite 'Danger Days' song. :3

I don't even remember if I put two and two together at the time, but three years later and that excited half-cryptic Facebook status remains true. Huzzah!

Your moment is really, really great. That made me smile. :)

Let's see... well, yesterday I was going through all my old facebook messages and I found a string of conversations I'd had with this girl I met back on mychemicalromance.com. We were both really, scarily similar and we became fast friends right before the massive MCR-mindfuck. When all the clues and suggestions from the band and mystery twitter profiles started cropping up, we would spend hours on the phone just talking about what it all could mean. We helped each other out a lot about problems and situations and interests we had in our personal lives, but MCR was our connecting thread. After a while, and I don't remember what happened, we stopped talking to each other. I recently saw that she unfriended me on facebook and that made me really sad.

It really made me miss those days, specifically before Parade and Danger Days, where we knew an album was coming but we had no idea what it would be about aside from the most obscure clues the band would throw to us every once in a while, to placate the ravening hordes. I haven't been that excited for something in a long time.

I remember when I first saw NA NA NA (or it was like a trailer for the video). I had just re-engaged myself into the fanbase, learning old songs, buying all the albums, reading/watching any news on the band I could find. I had just re-kindled my love for the music and the guys when, kinda out of no where, NA NA NA came out. It was just like HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT SHUT YOUR MOUTH NO WAY WHOA. The waiting for it was intense. It came out around my birthday. I've never been so into a band or their music. Only MCR does/did that for me.

I had always been into the music (somewhere between late Revenge and early BP). But there had been a lull. So, that was awesome. Danger Days got me to create shit, get into artsy stuff again. Love'em.