Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Agent Orange

S-I-N, I S-I-N

Hello one and all, boys, girls and significant others!

I ask you, not to try this at home!

So recently I did something usually frowned upon by most of the Chicago Police department, SHOPLIFT! *dum, dum duuum!!*

But I hardly got any negative reactions other than my sister and mom who are basically fucking saints so it doesn't count.

In fact, people have been telling me how to avoid getting caught and where I went wrong :blink:

People include: family, friends, store security, and random people this has been mentioned to.

To be honest I don't feel anything about this, this has been stated as "out of my character" and I agree cause I don't know why I looked straight at the camera and took it (meltdown? pre-quarter life crisis? rebellious phase?) Well, it'll never happen again, I rest assure! ;)

I thought, "tons of people shoplift, yeah? Famous people as well! TO GOOGLE!!!"

After watching Winona Ryder's 2001 shoplift tape I kept thinking how there are far more worse things than putting a Green Day CD into your bookbag. After that I fell asleep smiling about all the small schemes I did leading up to this major event of my life so far :lol:

Idk I just thought it'd be fun to share some misfit stories like that.

I'm not sure if it's against any of the rules and regulations. It seems like harmless fun right now but then again I'm also the girl who once said, "Murder is an art" :rolleyes:

Nothing gruesome, try to keep it lighthearted! ;)

Show some irony! :D

Display some puns! :P

...that is all... :unsure:

Oh my god, now you're bringing out my inner miscreant! :P I have actually done my share of shady things... nothing too harmful, and not often, but pretty bad. :lol: Here's kind of a funny one from my less-rebellious days.

This one happened when I was about 6 or 7. Maybe a little younger. I went into a grocery store with my mom, and saw a new edition of an Archie comic. I loved Archie comics (still do, actually!), so I picked it up and started reading. My mom hadn't noticed I was reading it, and so rang everything she was buying up and told me to come. I was so engrossed in the comic that I forgot to put it back on the shelf... I just up and walked out with my nose stuck in it. So yes, I actually shoplifted by accident. xD

i shoplifted on purpose when i was really little... i saw this cool little angel thing in a craft store that didn't have a price sticker on it. so i just put it in my pocket and took it! ~so rebellious~

i've done a lot of trespassing... my friends and i used to play in construction sites, which i don't think is technically allowed...? and go onto private property and stuff. i also broke into an abandoned hospital once.

besides the rare underage drinking instances, that's the extent of my bad girl-ness! :lol:

Oh man. Okay, so I'm a really anxious person who's afraid of authority most of the time, but in some instances when I'm in what I call a "social-high" (being around friends or new acquaintances who I feel pressured to impress and show off too, which in turn leads to an odd sort of state of euphoria) I've done some things I'm not proud of.

There was a period of about 2 years in high school where I was a habitual shoplifter. I got pretty good at it and my friends thought it was awesome, until they tried it out and got caught and almost arrested. Then they were in constant fear for my freedom, but it took me a long time to stop. We would go on trips to the outlet mall or the big chain stores around town and I would leave with a crazy number of items on my person... I started out with nail polish and makeup, small pieces of jewelery, etc. but soon I was getting away with multiple items of clothing and larger items. I even developed a method of visiting several stores in succession and using their differently branded shopping bags to my advantage. I gave most of the stuff to my friends, again showing off, but the stuff I kept I haven't used or worn since. It just sort of sits there and stares at me.

I also grew up living in a housing development that was in a constant state of active construction for upwards of five years. I spent a lot of time with my friends, siblings, or my dog wandering around unfinished houses, collecting weird pieces of metal I found in the dirt, climbing mountains of earth made from digging foundations, and throwing dirt clods at passing cars. There were No Trespassing signs everywhere, but I knew the construction schedule and so was never reprimanded or anything.

Also, when I was a kid I loved going grocery shopping with my mom because I could slip snacks I wanted into the cart and she wouldn't notice until we got home. Sometimes I'd even smuggle the food into the house and up to my room so she wouldn't find out. I also would connive my mom into shopping for groceries when she was hungry, because then she had less willpower and would buy food she normally wouldn't. I would make sure my siblings weren't shopping with us because if my mom and I were alone I could control the situation and make gentle suggestions that would make logical sense to my hypoglycemic mother, resulting in edible treasures that would never be allowed into my house under normal circumstances.

I've done quite a few sinful things in the past now I think about it. Most of which involves alcohol, when I couldn't really stop drinking. I got a criminal record for drunk and disorderly, which I don't remember much, besides apparently I was in a big fight and smashing a lot of stuff. I also got in a lot of fights at parties and at school.

I generally fooled around and was quite an asshole in high school. Flirting with everyone and honestly trying to get laid. That was a sinful attitude and not a respectful attitude to have. The alcohol and the rebellious teenager as I was said go to parties, get drunk and go flirt. A good thing came out of this though, I think this contributed into me finally discovering my own sexuality, because, when I was drunk back then, I would not only flirt with women.

Another time, I was drinking with a few of my friends from high school in a farmer's field, which probably means we were trespassing, and he ran after us with a shotgun and stole all our alcohol. I was actually quite fortunate not to get arrested that time. I was a lot faster of a runner back then.

I have shoplifted on numerous occasions. Mostly because when I was younger, me and my family weren't doing great financially, so this just happened. Surprise surprise I would often steal alcohol, or something else worthwhile. I don't think I ever got caught, probably because I'm a shifty motherfucker. Either that or the shopkeepers have better things to do than run after a troubled teen.

I don't drink, shoplift or trespass anymore, I think the most sinful thing I do now is occasionally smoking weed.

I think I'm in my rebellious phase right now. I don't really do anything too bad, mostly just trespassing with my best friend. We hang out under bridges and on railroad tracks and playgrounds and in our high-school's baseball field at 11:00 at night. We both get rushes from fence hopping, I think.

I think I've done more trespassing than I could think of but that's just cause I like finding my own "wonderland".

Am I crazy to want to find a secret hideout to call my own?! According to my previous therapist, no ^_^

Although they say I should stop playing with fire.

Anyone else set their notebooks on fire in the schools' trash can outside to commemorate the last day of school :D

Or, ya know, bomb fire to stop pollution :huh:

So part of me wanted to prove to myself it could be a funny story later.

SUCCESS!!

Idk, if you believe we go to hell for our sins for things such as disobedience to civil laws to humble lies then i'll make a nice cup of tea for you all when we get there and we can have a nice party B)

^^ I'll be there! I love tea! ^_^

And you said fire... don't get me started on fire. :lol: I have this thing with the way it looks, so a lot of times I just look for excuses to light shit on fire. Tends to lead to a lot of spraying perfume in the air to cover up the burnt paper smell. :lol:

(Yes, you are free to dismiss me as insane. :P But I promise I'm not an arsonist.)

I'm terrified of hot things and getting burned, but I'm also way into fire... It's a pit of a paradox. I used to light hand sanitizer on the kitchen tile because the flame is invisible until you turn out the light, and you can poke it with a fork and move it around while it's lit.

what?! that's awesome. is it very dangerous to do? i'd totally want to try it...

i'm terrified of fire. i don't even like lighting matches, and i always have to get my friends to light fireworks for me. it wasn't until last year that i was comfortable holding a roman candle (actually i still don't like it, lol.) i rarely use matches as well.

what?! that's awesome. is it very dangerous to do? i'd totally want to try it...

Well, it probably would be classified as dangerous by older and wiser people, but I've found that it's a very predictable sort of fire and as long as you control the environment, everything works splendidly. I always did my thing on the kitchen island tile, first clearing everything away and cleaning the surface in case there were food particles that might catch fire. Then you light the flame and make sure anyone and everyone in the house knows what you're doing so they don't accidentally put their hand in it or something. Turn the lights on and off a few times to amaze yourself with it's invisibility, and then use a long fork or metal skewer and poke about in it in the dark. It's quite fascinating. The hand sanitizer gels up a bit so it's more solid than when you put it on your hands, and you can draw pictures with it. It lasts a good long time, too. One thing is, though, is that because it is burning off it doesn't sit absolutely still, it jitters about slightly because the gel is boiling, but it doesn't shoot around or become an amorphous living flameball either.

I was a bit worried to try it at first because most sanitizers are made of alcohol and alcohol explodes, but the other ingredients act as some sort of retardant. I've used Germ-X, the generic-brand Vir-X, and Purell and they all did the same thing. I would do a small test though, just in case. Oh, and when it all burns off, the surface will be hot so don't forget and lean on the counter.

I have been shoplifting, i did that quite a lot a few years back and even get caught from it. I was terrified, cried the entire time when we're at the police station, bexause i was so afraid of what my parents are gonna do to me. I'm not proud of what i did. I have been drinking underage, trespassing in playgrounds, railways, old matchstick factory, climbed on statues, helped my friend to get into a theme park for free (theres couple kinds of wristbands they give to customers everyday for getting to the area and all the rides and stuff, i just told my friend what kind of wristband bc she had all kinds of them at home), went to bar when i was underage...