Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OtakuPunk

First Mcr Show?

So I'm feeling a little nostalgic right now. I still remember my first (and sadly, last :() My Chemical Romance concert. It was November 30, 2010. I had won tickets to the private iheartradio taping (a fact I refused to believe until I was actually in the venue, facing the band. :lol:). I still remember the energy every last single person in the theater had: the energy of the crowd, all of us there for the same reason, to watch our heroes perform their hearts out on stage. And they did, too: you could just feel the excitement radiating from everyone on that stage. Gerard, Frank, Mikey, Ray... you could tell that they wanted to be there, that they were just as excited to see us as we were to see them. Gerard even jumped into the crowd-- twice, mind you-- and reached his hand out during SING (God I wish I'd been in the front row that night...). I still remember joining in the chant of "one more song! One more song! One more song!" after The Kids From Yesterday ended, and how they obliged, returning to the stage with a rousing performance of Welcome To The Black Parade. It was one of the best nights of my life.

Now that I've told you my experience, when was your first MCR show? You don't have to write a long-winded, sentimental post like I did, but if you're up for it, I really would appreciate all the juicy details. :D

A certain lovely friend of mine got me into the habit of writing a sort of "blog post" after every show I go to. These write-ups are only shared between the two of us but I think I'd like to go scrounge up the review of my first MCR show and share it with you guys.

Um. 2006 0r 7.

I went with some people. St. Pete times forum. it was cool

Muse stole the show though.

My first MCR show was actually at 2007 Big Day Out in Melbourne. I went with 2 friends, my friend josh and I had an awesome time while I recall laughing my ass off at my friend Emma because she was scared of the mosh pit... It actually was fine but at one point Gerard did stop the show to get everyone to settle down a bit... I know frank wasn't there on the tour because he was sick or had something wrong with his teeth if I can recall, I was pretty bummed about that. I got a few good photos and videos to treasure and the chance to see them one more time last year before the end.

my first mcr show was december 3, 2010. it was at roseland ballroom in manhattan.

i went by myself, and ending up starting a tradition of meeting people in line at mcr shows. i got there pretty early, but not early enough to be anywhere close to barricade.

it was HELLA cold that evening (i think freezing) and my feet and fingers were pretty much frozen. we took turns going to the mcdonald's nearby to pee and warm up.

i got separated from all of the people i met except two when we got into the venue. there were like a million openers since it was a radio show, and the pushing got INTENSE during them. especially one, since a bunch of big dudes forced themselves up to the front, and then left immediately after their set ended. one of the girls i was with had an asthma attack because of all the pushing, and so they both got taken out of the pit... before MCR even came on.

i started kind of having a panic attack (the pushing was just really intense for some reason) and was freaking out when they FINALLY came on, but it was really cool since steve, righ? was there doing dr. death.

the rest of the show was kind of a blur, but they played one of my top ten mcr songs (desolation row) and you know what they do to guys like us. and of course, some girl took her shirt off and tried to start a mosh pit, but it failed.

honestly, it was kind of the worst mcr show i went to, but it had its moments.

here's the set list: http://www.setlist.f...ny-3d2a18b.html

Mine was May 9 2008. It was at Madison Square Garden. It was actually my first concert ever. My friend got tickets and we went after school and it was cool.. Actually at the time I thought it was the greatest thing I ever saw. Oh yeah and Taking Back Sunday opened so it was like perfect.