I thought that now Vessel is out and they're joining the Save Rock and Roll tour, more people will start hearing about Twenty One Pilots and so created this thread for any discussion!

I'm a recent convert to their music, having heard a remix on the radio of Holding Onto You in February. I immediately listened to everything I could find by them, which proved fortunate because they turned out to be the band I found solace in after the news of the MCR breakup. I really enjoy Tyler's songwriting and performance style; he's a true artist and a born performer, and just about every song he's written has touched me. Josh seems like a really great guy and I consider him a phenomenal drummer. Both have incredibly interesting tweets.

My preferences are:

Favorite Album: Vessel

Favorite Song: Car Radio (UG Studios version)

Favorite Video: Guns For Hands

Favorite Live Performance: Trees at the LC Pavilion

What are yours? What do you think or feel about this band?

• Upvote 1

I love that you created this thread Brinn! I've seen them live twice and each time was incredible!!!

Favorite video (by far!): Car Radio (I would swear on my life they shot this video at LC Pavilion and it makes me love it even more ^_^)

Songs I enjoy the most this week: House of Gold, Migraine (I found this great video for

tonight!)

Josh is an incredible drummer and is amazing live. Tyler's energy is like intense to say the least. They are a great duo. On a side note, they seem to be becoming more and more popular and I believe that is very well deserved :)

Also, I would like to add I was THIS CLOSE to going to bed, but now you have me watching twenty one pilots videos,

^_^ Good work Brinnley, but I still love you anyways ;) Thanks for making this thread!

tumblr_mas3qzbbrH1rd0gefo1_500.gif

tumblr_mmovk6s6SX1s58a4oo1_500.gif

Migraine's definitely in my top 5 songs. That's a fantastic video you found! I also love the video for Can't Help Falling In Love but since that's not their song I didn't mention it. :P I love the video for Car Radio as well; it's really beautiful and Tyler performs so honestly. The only thing that draws my attention away from the video is the fact that I like their live performance of the song so much better that it actually distracts me. I wish the video had come out before I went stumbling upon the UG Studio sessions.

I'm trying really hard to get in to see the Save Rock And Roll tour; I like the headlining bands but I have such an urge to see Twenty One Pilots. I would be ecstatic if I got the chance to go!

Top 5 Fav. Songs (in no particular order):

Car Radio

Migraine

Guns For Hands

Semi Automatic

3-way tie between The Pantaloon/Trees/Johnny Boy

I stumbled upon this video and thought it would be fun for 21P fans to see:

• Upvote 1

Migraine's definitely in my top 5 songs. That's a fantastic video you found! I also love the video for Can't Help Falling In Love but since that's not their song I didn't mention it. :P I love the video for Car Radio as well; it's really beautiful and Tyler performs so honestly. The only thing that draws my attention away from the video is the fact that I like their live performance of the song so much better that it actually distracts me. I wish the video had come out before I went stumbling upon the UG Studio sessions.

I liked the five songs you choose. I really like Ode to Sleep as well; that one is dynamite live. They often open with it and it just pops! There is no other way to describe it. I hope you can go see them with FOB and PATD!

You should check out the other songs they recorded for The Live Room session! Those were incredible as well :)

I also forgot to mention how much I love

. I hope they announce some headlining dates when they finish up their tour this fall. I have a feeling by the time they come back they will be playing a 1,000 capacity venue.

Could you share the links for the UG Sessions?

I liked the five songs you choose. I really like Ode to Sleep as well; that one is dynamite live. They often open with it and it just pops! There is no other way to describe it. I hope you can go see them with FOB and PATD!

You should check out the other songs they recorded for The Live Room session! Those were incredible as well :)

I also forgot to mention how much I love

. I hope they announce some headlining dates when they finish up their tour this fall. I have a feeling by the time they come back they will be playing a 1,000 capacity venue.

Could you share the links for the UG Sessions?

Ode To Sleep really is fantastic; I've seen some videos of them opening with it and I could really feel the intensity and excitement. I can tell it's a great opener!

I'm going to check out the Live Room sesh; I can't wait. I love their live studio recordings.

My sister, Haley, and I have been bursting into impromptu 21P duets since I introduced her (and anyone else who would listen) to their music. Kelsey, my other sister, went to her boyfriend's choir performance last night and they performed Car Radio! She recorded it to show me.

Here's the link to the UG Studio's Car Radio video:

Which Noelle are you referring to, Laine?

Um firestarlight or something.

I mostly approve of the band because it replaced MCR as her number one.

I just don't like the idea of MCR as anyone's number one. In your top modern band list, sure,. . To me it's like saying the only roller coaster you've been on is the supreme majesty. You have nothing to compare! Like in Twlight, when Bella says Edward is the best at sex. YOU WERE A VIRGIN. COMPARED TO WHOM????? IS HE BETTER?

sorry.

to anyone who does feel mcr is their number one....

because I am assuming most on this board feel that way.....

anyone back to topic

I dig this band too. They're in my, I like, should watch. list.

Yep, you definitely should keep them on watch because they're going places.

About your other comments, I see your point that a lot of people hear MCR early and latch onto them without going any further, but it's not true that everyone who holds the band as No. 1 has a stunted musical education. I'm not a scholar by ways of musical artists in anyone's sense of the word, but I have listened to many different artists in many genres from many eras and I still consider MCR my favorite band, mainly because of personal sentiments about the lyrics and personal experiences. I definitely think that no one should pick a favorite band and stop listening to and considering other music, but the generalization doesn't apply to everybody.

Okay, that sounded a bit confrontational accidentally. I just meant that just because someone is learned in many decades and styles of music doesn't mean that they shouldn't consider MCR their favorite. Is that better?

• Upvote 1

Naw. You should defend your favorite band from people like me. I like it. Since you used intelligence and formed a proper argument for why. I respect that.

Yeah, I just see people who say that as new borns in terms of music and saying something is your favorite, shouldn't be an off hand comment, but serious. Say it like you mean it and mean it when you say it. Feel it. Love it. Know it.

but a lot of people just say, " oh my god ___ my favorite thing ever."

and I'm all

that's just words and noise to you, isn't it?

so, I suppose, if you know what you're saying when you say MCR is your favorite band and you're not just saying it, but it's in your blood, I respect that... bitterly. But respect it.

and back to topic

I love that they're named after a play they love.

the theatre nerd in me.

Why, thank you! I like people on the Internet who know the difference between an argument and a discussion.

Okay, now that you've slightly amended your statement, I totally agree. There are many people who hear a catchy song or see an attractive celebrity and suddenly that is the best thing they have ever come across in life... Until they flip the radio station or turn on the tv. Or they're the type to go on kicks of a few week or months where they love everything the band has ever done and research for hours to know everything about them and its all they talk about and they involve it in everything they do, but it doesn't lay long.

I know a lot of people like that; I have a suspicion that it might make up the majority of any type of fan at any given time.

But here on the boards, there are a good number of dedicated MCR fans who have been around for years and I'm glad for that. To bring it back to thread topic, I hope that a lot of fans into 21P stay dedicated for a long time. I also hope that by creating this thread, we introduce people to another band that they thoroughly enjoy.

I heard some of their music, since Noelle brought their CD over. it's lovely but I don't know the names of any of the songs. Haven't see them live yet either.

is that like TAI TV?

Slushie guys is the name of Tyler Joseph's youtube channel.

There is some pretty hilarious stuff on their dating back way before 21P

Slushie guys is the best thing ever! I just watched a bunch of those videos and laughed so much. Oh Tyler!

I'm glad you liked it! I absolutely loved them. :D

Awww hooray!! :D What was the context of your statement Brinn?

He tweeted that his sister was graduating and invited all his followers to come and then started discussing what food we should bring.

He tweeted that his sister was graduating and invited all his followers to come and then started discussing what food we should bring.

That's awesome! I'm glad this happened hon

• Upvote 1