Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KilljoyClaudia

Mcr Themed Birthday Party!

Hey my fellow killjoys,

So my birthday party is next Saturday at my house. I am turning 26 and sent out invites making it My Chemical Romance themed and asked everyone to come dressed as a band member, video character, or just wear a shirt. To be honest, out of the 114 people I invited, I think only four people may actually be fans.

It is something I have wanted to do for a really long time so I am going for it.

Other than playing dvds while the party is going on and obviously playing their music, how can I mcr my house?

Any ideas?

I don't have many posters these days. I have my masks, guns, and collectibles but I am hesitant to display them so they aren't broken or stolen. I am at a loss!

Whoa! That is a really original theme haha you're so cool! Sorry, I replied but I actually ain't got any ideas :( I'm so excited for you hehe but take care of your mcr stuff and don't let anyone near it, just make prototypes out of carton.. no one will notice ;) good luck and keep running!!

Hey my fellow killjoys,

So my birthday party is next Saturday at my house. I am turning 26 and sent out invites making it My Chemical Romance themed and asked everyone to come dressed as a band member, video character, or just wear a shirt. To be honest, out of the 114 people I invited, I think only four people may actually be fans.

It is something I have wanted to do for a really long time so I am going for it.

Other than playing dvds while the party is going on and obviously playing their music, how can I mcr my house?

Any ideas?

I don't have many posters these days. I have my masks, guns, and collectibles but I am hesitant to display them so they aren't broken or stolen. I am at a loss!

Damn wish I were in town! Happy early birthday girl!

I will post photos! I already have a friend being Revenge Gerard, Black Parade Gerard, and I am Party Poison. I wish I could get some Frank and Mikeys but like i said, no one else is really a fan.

You could make giant MCR logos and symbols by cutting out and painting cardboard. That would be pretty cheap and would look good! If you're doing activities in different rooms, you can have a different album theme for each room with color-coordinating cardboard signs, balloons, and streamers (i.e. red, white, and black for revenge; grayscale for parade; red, green, blue, and yellow for DD). You can also make cheap costume pieces to hand out at the door for people who didn't dress up: paper masks, cloth or paper red ties and armbands, costume makeup crayons for red eyeshadow or black parade makeup, etc.

Are you looking for activity ideas as well, Claudia?

I love this idea!! Cheap and easy!

Activities would be fun. Has anyeone ever thought of My Chemical ROmance Drinking Games?

If I have 80 derby girls coming over there will be booze

I love this idea!! Cheap and easy!

Activities would be fun. Has anyeone ever thought of My Chemical ROmance Drinking Games?

If I have 80 derby girls coming over there will be booze

I'm sure you could make one up. You could play a few videos or some scenes from LOTMS and do a "drink when..." thing. E.g. "drink whenever Gerard touches his nose" (I don't know why I think he does that a lot). You could watch the videos in advance and write a list.

MCR drinking game, great idea! Sure you'll be able to think of plenty, and how many fingers will depend on how frequent you think it'll be, but here's some suggestions especially if LOTMS were on...

You'd definitely have to have a "down your drink if Mikey smiles".

drink when... Frank does something stupid

drink when... Gerard sniffs (is it just me that notices he does that a lot?)

drink when... Someone does their hair or make-up

drink when... Someone drinks or mentions coffee

drink when... Someone falls over, more fingers if it's not Gerard

All the ideas for the party are good so far, not sure I can think of much more to add. Would you be able to make any of the snacks MCR related? Maybe cupcakes with album themed icing colours or motifs?

How about an MCR karaoke/air guitar competition?

drink when... Gerard sniffs (is it just me that notices he does that a lot?)

drink when... Someone does their hair or make-up

drink when... Someone drinks or mentions coffee

drink when... Someone falls over, more fingers if it's not Gerard

Maybe cupcakes with album themed icing colours or motifs?

I'm sure you could make one up. You could play a few videos or some scenes from LOTMS and do a "drink when..." thing. E.g. "drink whenever Gerard touches his nose" (I don't know why I think he does that a lot). You could watch the videos in advance and write a list.

I love all of these ideas and I do agree that Gerard does sniff alot and rub his nose alot.

You could make giant MCR logos and symbols by cutting out and painting cardboard. That would be pretty cheap and would look good! If you're doing activities in different rooms, you can have a different album theme for each room with color-coordinating cardboard signs, balloons, and streamers (i.e. red, white, and black for revenge; grayscale for parade; red, green, blue, and yellow for DD). You can also make cheap costume pieces to hand out at the door for people who didn't dress up: paper masks, cloth or paper red ties and armbands, costume makeup crayons for red eyeshadow or black parade makeup, etc.

Are you looking for activity ideas as well, Claudia?

Brinn, these were brilliant ideas! This is why you are our 2019 coordinating goddess. You rock! :D

These are great! My only dilemma is that these are a bunch of nonfans who probably don't know anything about mcr except their hits. I bought some paints to try and start making decorations. I've decided to make each corner of the room a diff album. I saw all these awesome mcr cakes online! I'm hoping someone surprises me with one. My bff always makes me cupcakes so Iknow she will go all out. Hmm, mcr snacks...! Let's brainstorm

You could do a little activity that is fun as well as teaching your friends a bit about MCR. I'm thinking trivia or a crossword puzzle where the clues and words are all MCR-related. You could give out hints or make sure that there's an MCR-aware person in each group.

OH! Or! You could do a scavenger hunt where you're looking around your place for MCR facts and the last object to find is some sort of prize.

Are these ideas dumb? I know they're kind of juvenile but this is the kind of stuff I do for fun.

The only thing that i can think of is to decorate your table to look like the stage on the welcome to the black parade video :D

And you could make bloody handprints on your walls (inspired by murder scene). Just put paper or something there so you can get them off easily :) or you can play with fake blood in your bathroom or something. It's fun :)

Hand shaped icecubes are good too, murder scene inspired of course :D

Pin the guitar on the band member.

Dance like Gerard compettition.

Who-can-put-on-G-style-stage-clothes-the-fastest compettition. Or, thirty seconds to put on as many feather boas as physically possible, the winner gets something. Like, the boas.

Hey guys! Thanks so much for all the ideas. Unfortunately, I was struck with the black fucking plague right before my party so I was unable to do much decorations. But I thought I would update you guys on some pictures!

Btw-it was a total clamfest because it was mostly my roller derby teammates.

644747_10151557867467517_125388211_n.jpg

My friend surprised me with this cake!! It's me and Gerard.

281935_10151557867447517_667592472_n.jpg

482421_10151557867597517_966952547_n.jpg

Ferard!!

599236_10151557867862517_1693546454_n.jpg

544362_10151557867867517_286923279_n.jpg