Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AmoAngel

Mcr And Mcrmy Haters

Hey guys! ive wanting to do this for a long time but never got around to it. It's on haters. I was surfing the YouTube looking up MCR, when I come across a video about someone ranting about haters. She said there was this one person who commented on the Famous Last Words music video and was like

" how does MCR save lives when they promote death?"

I was mad. then they said

" HAHAHAHA! I have offically pissed of the MCRmy of F*ggots."

So, I wanted to ask the MCRmy on their opinion on haters. I can't stand them... What About You?

- So long And Good Night from Amo

Haters make us famous.

But in all honesty, haters are just people who have nothing better to do with their lives than piss others off. They think their opinion is fact. Not worth your time or anger. Don't give them attention. That's all they want. Don't let them have that satisfaction.

I find them more irritating than anything else, like a thorn in your side or rain on a parade. Nothing I would get mad over though. To be honest, youtube is kind of a cesspool for that sort of stuff anyways. I almost expect it? I would be more surprised if there wasn't any hate.

Thanks for RESPONDING!! I asked this because it is irritating and I get hate alot! THANKS! :)

i know how you feel, ever since 8th grade people make fun of me cuz i listen to MCR. my response to them is just a shrug to the shoulders and i move on. they dont know how MCR has helped us so theres no point for us to waste our breaths and try and make them see what we see.

Haters make us famous.

But in all honesty, haters are just people who have nothing better to do with their lives than piss others off. They think their opinion is fact. Not worth your time or anger. Don't give them attention. That's all they want. Don't let them have that satisfaction.

totally agreed with this!

I no longer want to listen to MCR, I dislike 80% of their fans but I'm addicted to the rmy like it's ADAM but instead of super powers....I get something else......not sure what though.

so yeah, lay it on me.

I think it's pathetic to go to the time to watch a video by an artist or band you don't like just to spew bile about it and wind up their fans.

I'm indifferent to them. I don't consider myself to be part of the MCRmy at all (though I am obviously a huge fan of the band I just don't want to be associated with a lot of people who are in the mcrmy) so talk about them doesn't bother me, and every artist that's successful is bound to have a fair amount of "haters" coming with that success so I just ignore it. Responding to them only amuses them more anyway.

I'm indifferent to them. I don't consider myself to be part of the MCRmy at all (though I am obviously a huge fan of the band I just don't want to be associated with a lot of people who are in the mcrmy) so talk about them doesn't bother me, and every artist that's successful is bound to have a fair amount of "haters" coming with that success so I just ignore it. Responding to them only amuses them more anyway.

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider the MCRmy to be? I'm not starting a debate or anything, I'm just fascinated by people's definitions. :)

Step one: see here http://shirt.woot.com/offers/online-debate-team

Step two: acknowledge everyone is right, wrong, entitled to their opinion, human, emotional, etc

Step three: begin discussion.

To me, those folks on youtube, etc. Are just posturing. They remind me a lot of the kids in SLC punk who beat in other people's faces for not being punk enough, but then they go become corporate bankers. I honestly think those people who write rude comments on videos are bullied a lot in their daily lives, and they need to regain control of... anything... by bullying others. They can't do it in person, so they do it online.

They probably like MCR, to some extent, but don't want to be public about it. They, as I said above, posture. I think it's pathetic that people have nothing better to do with their time than to insult people on the internet. That said, I am in my late 20s, so internet bullying didn't become a thing until I was in HS and by that point in time we already all saw how foolish it was.

The MCRmy, like most fanbases, has two faces to me. The first is the face here; educated, compassionate fans who want to come together and discuss something they are interested in together with like-minded folks. Like a book club, with music. We know the lyrics and we analyze them for interesting turns of phrase and meaning. We respect the members of a band as musicians.

The other side, the dark side... are the children (mentally not numerically) who remind me of the girls passing out in images of the Beatles playing, while they lip-sing the wrong words. They are the teeny-boppers, the people who need to feel like the are protecting a sacred cow from harm. They will have a new sacred cow tomorrow. They respond to the trolls, the fuel the fire, they may even ghost-post as trolls so they can respond under their real name and publicly pledge their true love. They are usually not on these boards.

We are the first. I avoid the second. They have been known to bite.

personally, i have learned to accept the haters that are associated with MCR. i mean we can't escape it! Like yeah, it sucks. A lot!! but at the same time, MCR has always said that they feel like they would have done something wrong or have not properly done their job if there weren't haters or anger provoked! i feel like it almost gives us something to fight for; pissing people off and creating the chaos that is needed in order to let MCR and the MCRmy to suceed :D

Every fandom has their good and bad sides. I know a couple beliebers and they are actually nice.

When i come a cross with mcr/rmy haters, if they come to talk to me, i just ask them why they hate mcr/rmy, otherwise i just shrug it off. But i think it's very immature to write hate comments on videos in youtube. Why all the effort?