river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

I'll delete this once I get your opinions;

I'm feeling kinda conflicted family wise. My parents are homophobic, there's been violence and alcohol problems in the past. They hate me, I know I say I hate them, but I really don't hate them.

Seeing my cousin in hospital has really brought back how much family life really does mean to me. I know I have Sam and his family to rely on, but I'll get straight to the point; is it worth giving my parents another chance? Knowing there could be emotional or physical conflicts?

Sorry this is so serious. I'll delete this post soon.

I'll delete this once I get your opinions;

I'm feeling kinda conflicted family wise. My parents are homophobic, there's been violence and alcohol problems in the past. They hate me, I know I say I hate them, but I really don't hate them.

Seeing my cousin in hospital has really brought back how much family life really does mean to me. I know I have Sam and his family to rely on, but I'll get straight to the point; is it worth giving my parents another chance? Knowing there could be emotional or physical conflicts?

Sorry this is so serious. I'll delete this post soon.

Hm.

As long as giving them another chance won't put you, them, or anyone else in danger... And as long as you're able to back out again if you need to.

Fuck, um...I guess it all depends on you. You seem to be reliant on close relationships so I might say that you should go for it. You could always just give them a chance and if you get in too deep, remove yourself from the situation. If you don't you might end up with an unfulfilled 'what if' so trying to repair the relationship might be good for you.

Then again, I don't know that much about the situation. Weighing your options is very important, see if you personally think it would be worth it.

Also I agree with Mellie.

Thanks guys, sorry for the seriousness. I'm trying to mature up and at least give it a shot. I think it's something I need to do, give them one last chance and be mature about the situation.

Annnddd with that said, someone change the subject...

I think giving them another chance would be a good idea for you, as long as there's no chance that you'll get hurt. Even if it doesn't turn out well, at least it would give you a sense of closure on the whole "what if I did give my family a chance?" issue. I guess it's just a matter of weighing the risks vs. the benefits, but in the end it's really your choice.