river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

Congrats on your second dose! I’m not even close to get a vaccine by this point, but I’ll wait patiently (try to at least) for it to be my turn. 

You guys have such creative plans before the show! I just consider if I can justify buying a mcr hoodie. The answer will off course be yes, especially now that the show is in may, it might get cold. 

You guys I have THREE WEEKS of my diploma

Well, less if I get my finger out and finish my final assignment. Then I am going to read, talk to my plants and get down to the serious business of doing very little

Woo, you're so close to the end now 🥳 You definitely deserve some time to chill out. 

I have a date tomorrow 😬 Well, it's more informal than a date really, we're going for a walk. I actually haven't been on a date before! 

I went to the gym today for the first time in 3-4 years. I had a session with a personal trainer. I literally had to crawl up the stairs when I got home 😂

How's everyone's weekend going? 

I feel you! When you live upstairs, you have to save some energy for the stairs. The gym I went to some years ago were  upstairs, and there were days that I had trouble getting down the stairs after working out!
I got myself a core step machine thing not so long ago (kinda got it for free, because of some bonus program thing), and I’m trying to use it in front of the tv, to get in some kind of shape. 5 minutes is more than enough for one day, so it’s obviously much needed. 

Other than that, my weekend is good. Horse back riding, 5 minute work out and relaxing. 

Mine is good! Um, very little exercise. I hurt my back a couple of weeks ago so I've got some physio to do and that is... quite painful. I am out of shape and way too good at injuring myself.

I am so looking forward to this long weekend though. I love that little 'oh I don't have to do anything Monday' feeling!

Yeah, May Bank Holiday. We actually have two bank holidays in May. Not sure why... I think this one is because May Day (1st May) is a traditional day for... something? The sort-of start of summer/end of spring? It's Beltane in the Wiccan calendar today, if you're in the northern hemisphere. Lots of spring-y stuff I think.

Well, 1st may is a holiday over here, I think it’s international workers day, but it’s unfortunately on a Saturday, so it doesn’t give us an extra day off this year. We’ll have to wait two years for that over here. 
Is a bank holiday what we refer to as red days over here? Just a day when everything is closed? We call them red days because they’re red in the calendar, very creative. 

Oh I think I knew it was International Workers Day. I wonder if they're connected?

Yes I think bank holiday is a red day. I think it used to be that just the banks closed, I'm not sure why they closed at random days in the year like the Monday after Easter or New Year's Day but nothing else did. Anyway, nowdays everything is shut on Bank Holiday. It's always a Monday unless it's at Christmastime and Christmas or Boxing Day are on a weekend, in which case we get Monday and Tuesday off as well. I don't know how they figure it out but everyone loves a bank holiday. Unless you work somewhere that's open on Bank Holiday, like a restaurant, in which case the tips are good but the day is loooong.

Hmm, interesting! It’s not quite the same then, since we have red days any day of the week. The bank holidays always confused me in the US, but I thought it was another weird US thing, and not something we had in Europe. Haha, guess I was wrong!

So, I just got this message request from a girl with rungarunga as last name, with a picture attached, and was sure this is something sketchy! A bit scared I opened the message, and a cute picture of me and my brother at around 4-5 years, with bad hair days, together with our baby sitter popped up. When I saw the picture I recognized the first name, but I’m pretty sure she wasn’t named rungarunga back then😂

Thank you! I am so tired ahaha. And also stressing about all the adult life and money stuff I'd put off when I was working on the final parts of the diploma. Does anyone want to buy some books and/or help me organise some cupboards?!

Gotta take what you can, a little is better than nothing. 
I’m an emotional wreck to be honest. I’m not saying I feel horrible all the time, but I do feel horrible, and then I’m with awesome people who make me laugh, and then I remember and wonder how on earth I can actually be laughing, then I’m thinking that I wish it was just all over so I can move on, and then I wish the day will never come... but all in all I’m doing okey given everything. I’m starting to realize that I actually have a bunch of great people in my life. 

It's really normal to feel normal for a bit, then hate yourself for feeling normal, and feel weird again. But yeah, you do realise who the great people are when you experience a bereavement. It's a good litmus test for who's in it for the long haul, friendship-wise.