river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

9 hours ago, Lady_Godiva said:

I heard feminine men and here I am. 

oh holy fuck this made me crack the fuck up how are youuuuuuuuuuu!!

also, my paper went well thank you. i have one more midterm due tonight and then i am on spring break! what will i do? no clue. i'm thinking about getting in my car and just driving away from my city, going where the wind takes me. visiting some cities i've never been to in this giant fucking country of mine, and then avoiding human contact at all cost when i get there because covid of course

On 3/3/2021 at 8:41 AM, MajorSunshine said:

Yeah, I wasn’t as careful with my sleeping schedule back when it only involved me. But I need a pretty good reason to not sleep before teaching, my students deserve to have my awake and in a stable (or as stable as it can be) mood. So I try for their sake. And I do like myself better when I’ve slept well. But it wasn’t that big off a problem back when I was a student. 

honestly i think like 80% of my time spent improving my mental health is for the sake of those around me. i might be fine succumbing to the black hole that is my brain and being miserable all the time, but god it makes me a nightmare to be around so i stay healthy for my family's sake lmaooooo

If I still drove, I'd absolutely just drive. I have literally the opposite story with my mental health: I'm clinging to sanity and putting the work in because damn it I'm going to learn to live with myself.

Oh, also, I've got my first covid vaccine wooo! I can confirm I don't feel any 5G particles floating around my arm.

lol idk how to explain it, i just enjoy a good wallow. i have learned to live with it in all it's monstrous glory, but in the interests of those around me i am working to reduce it. i was telling my friend the other day that i'd probably be fine in a time and place that isn't this one, but "productivity" and like not being an asshole to people that are assholes to me makes it hard to be a person lmao

congrats on the vaccine! i am super not on the list to get one anytime soon (even though i work with the public every day 🙄 no one cares about the librarians) but my attitude toward it is if you are allowed don't wait for me!! go get it while i can't!!! i'm happy to hear about the lack of 5g lmao

also i just went to my zoom class and my teacher was like "so my dad is dying and my car caught on fire so i gotta go deal with those things, thanks for coming to class, maybe write some over break but if you don't then 🤷‍♂️" and then left like the whole thing lasted 10 minutes 😂

Yeah this is a very strange time to try to get a handle on your mental health. I think it's nice (not the word I'm really looking for, not sure what is) that you're aware that you want to feel/be better for the sake of those around you. I know a few people who have an illness and have no desire to consider how their behaviour impacts their loved ones. It's not your job to put other people before yourself, you don't have to consider how your illness affects others, but I guarantee your loved ones will appreciate that you do.

Thank youuu I don't know how I was so far up the list but I'm not going to turn it down.

Um what your poor teacher

you make a good point about not having to put anyone else above myself, and i really appreciate that. in my working on my mental health i have an attitude of "whatever works" and like right now if putting other people first is going to get me healthy enough to care enough to do it for myself, well......whatever works!! feel? lol i'm never gonna be mad about a placebo effect. if it is only working because it's tricking my brain into making it work, that's fine! as long as it works!

hell yeah, go get that jab! do it for the human race! and also for concerts! we allllllll miss concerts!

yeah idk the dude is a mess 24/7, on day 1 we bonded over both being diagnosed with bipolar 1 so like i've just come to expect chaos from this man. i adore him tbh

Haha yes exactly. Whatever works is the right attitude.

Ah I got it and I'm feeling free of 5G, microchips and foreign DNA. Quite tired and my arm is sore but otherwise we're all good.

Please update us with your teacher! Did the car fire get put out???

Ah, I hate needles, but I can’t wait till it’s my turn! I don’t have any health conditions, so I’m basically outside the system. Like, literally, when I check the list off the groups getting vaccines, my age isn’t even there. I guess they didn’t care to put in “everybody else”. 

Well, there’s a pretty intense discussion going on about whether they should. I don’t know what I think, I don’t feel like a have been in a very risky position. But then, I haven’t really met people outside off Work or the stable since summer. And I guess that doesn’t sound that weird in other countries, but we haven’t had that strict restrictions, at least for periods it has been a maximum of 10 visitors and stuff. 

Hey! I remembered another word for snow that we have that I think you'll get a kick out of! When it's the biggest, fluffiest flakes ever we call those goose feathers! I can't even find reference to it online except like in poems so it might actually be very local? But I always liked that phrase, you can really picture it :) 

That’s adorable! And also a very good description, I love that kind of snow!

We got snow yesterday. A lot! Then it turned into rain during the day, so I had to walk home in 20cm with slush. Then it freezes over in the night, so this morning I had to avoid the icy parts off the road and the slushy parts. Adventurous times! Can’t wait for spring to take over. 

Funny story! I told you about my labyrinth apartment complex the other day. This morning a guy in working clothes and face mask were standing in the end off my hallway when I came out the door. It seemed like he stopped when he saw me, and I got quite confused. After some seconds he asked me. How DO I get out off here?? Haha, poor guy!

Goose feathers? That is so cute.

We had hail here yesterday, and lots of wind. All the wind. But spring must be here, because I have hay fever. 

Hahaa I sort of like being the experienced local who can say 'take a left, down the stairs, second on the right' to a lost delivery person.

Hi everyone! I hope you're all good 😁 I've sort of been skim reading the conversation because I'm so busy at the moment 😫 The singlet thing made me laugh 🤣

I'm currently sorting through some of the stuff in my attic and I just found loads of MCR memorabilia that I didn't know I had, including some signed and rare things 😲

20210312_152709.jpg20210312_152719.jpg20210312_152727.jpg

oh shiiiiiiiiit how much for the b sides cd tho 👀 if you've still got it that is lmao i can see that going quick

13 hours ago, DNAdrain said:

oh shiiiiiiiiit how much for the b sides cd tho 👀 if you've still got it that is lmao i can see that going quick

I have got someone interested in it, but it's had to go on the back burner for now because things have gone crazy with my house sale. I'll get round to sorting it in a few weeks. If they don't want it I'll let you know 😊

I don’t have much to add, since nothing is happening these days, but I really don’t want to work, so I’m trying to avoid that. Well, I just revealed to some off my co-workers how big off a Jane Austen fan I am, and this poor guy had to eat lunch while listening to Jane Austen rambling. There was another lady almost as big fan as me, but she doesn’t get the weekly newsletters...

Oh, I’m not apologizing, just understanding that a young man might not prefer Jane Austen as a lunch topic. 

Congrats on negative Covid! That is worth a celebration. I’m done with the work I had to do today, think I’ll stroll over and find someone who might be willing to talk with me for an hour or two before I go home!

I guess that is the best way to earn it!

I found people! We kinda have a tradition at work, to gather and chat on Friday afternoons when we’re done with the work we have to do. It have peaked the last year, since work pretty much is our social life, so it’s one of my favorite parts off the week.