river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

You gotta wear layerssssssssss. Wear multiple thin sweaters haha then you can customize for the perfect temperature 😊 Trust me, the coworker that shares every shift with me has menopausal hot flashes and has a fan on even in winter most of the time 🙄  between that and spending most of my time inside but going outside for 30 seconds at a time every few minutes in 6 degree temperatures, I am the master of layers 😎 I wear so many shirts every day 😭😂

You gotta teach me!! I’m no good at layers, I wear a singlet and then my sweater over the singlet. If it’s summer I have a t-shirt and maybe a cardigan. I’m not sure if my closet gives me the opportunity if layers😅

Okay what...is a singlet? I googled it and i don't think what i saw is probably what you mean 😅prld.xlg?partno=66433&width=498&view=img

do you wear this under your sweater?? 🤣

Ah! I think there are many names for that. I've heard camisole or cami for short, I think you could also get away with calling it a tank top if you want. That makes much more sense 🤣 I figured you meant something like that, but that google search was too funny not to share lmao

I'm pulling an all nighter tonight to finish a paper and listening to all the MCR albums from end to end in the background, they're so familiar that they aren't distracting :) hello friends on the other side of the world! I'm here at the same time as you! How wild is that!

That was funny! I’m glad you shared it so I could star my day with a laugh. 

Good luck with your paper! I’m cheering from the other side off The world, while I get up and get ready for work. That’s always the crazy part, time difference. 

I know right? It's like 1 am here lol and thank you! It's very boring! It's a very academic take on what it's like to grow up with masculinity (as in, what is expected of young boys as far as gender roles go, and how they learn about masculinity). Masculinity is boring but at least this class will be over as soon as I finish this paper 😊

I am cheering you on in your day, too! What are you up to today? 

When I lived over there I used to stay up late if I needed to talk with my dad alone. He usually went online on Skype when he got to his office in the morning. 

sounds boring. Especially when you haven’t been a young boy... But you can do it! Being done is the best feeling😁

I am walking to school in a few minutes, and then I will find out if my students learnt anything in math class yesterday, while I was home sick yesterday. Obviously it’s a normal cold, so an aspirin is all it takes to get through work today. Then I’ll have a meeting with the principal, you now those you have with your boss every year about how things are going. I used to be so scared before those, but we’re good friends by now, and it’s just a nice chat about this and that. And I’ll plan the rest off the week and chat with my colleagues, go home, eat and go to Mick Mac and see if he missed me. He probably did, cause I give him the good food. He always have hay and stuff, but he get grains when I’m there😅

And that was my day in detail🙈

yeah this class is literally called "men and masculinities" and like i KNEW that this is not a topic i find interesting so idk why i took it. masculinity is only interesting when females do it and femininity is mildly interesting when females do it but much more interesting when males do it. you should hear me rant about my personal research project about femininity in male rock stars and how gerard way never fuckin poses like a man 😅 i can go on for so long

that sounds like a pretty nice day! it's nice when you can feel comfortable in a job, even during review 😊 how long have you been teaching? also PLEASE tell Mick Mack I love him when you see him. Tell him a stranger loves him from another part of the planet 😁

Haha, I can imagine that research project is by far more interesting! And it’s true, the sass is definitely feminin. You know, about that, every time I listen to “I’m not that kind of girl” it reminds me of the thread here “Gerard is not a girl”, we’re all we did was posting feminine pics of him😅

This is my 6. year, so it’s been a while now. I’ll tell Mick Mac, if I give him food at the same time he will be happy. 

the thing is that every picture of him is feminine! trust me, i am getting a degree in gender and there are studies on feminine vs masculine posing and i legitimately am unable to find photoshoots where he posed masculinely. he's very subtle in his femininity which is fascinating....like he'll talk about it, and moan onstage, and wear women's cut pants, but overall his makeup was not extraordinarily feminine as far as rock stars goes, and very little else about his appearance was definitively feminine. he brings it out with his actions, it's so fucking interesting and put me on this whole track of like why do rock stars do femininity at all? why did bowie do it? was it innate, or was he just into the fashion? why did motley crue do it? (spoiler: it was to get girls.....by why were girls into feminine men in the rock scene? how did that come about and why?). are men who want to be feminine anyway attracted to the alt scene because they are allowed to be feminine in those circles, or is femininity present there because they bring it in? i'm pretty early in the process but i think by the end i will have enough information to fill a book! then i can make other people read my insane ramblings about how interesting rock stars are when they are being feminine lmaoooo or no one will read it and i will just be rambling to myself which is fine because this is so silly!

wow, it has been a while! congrats! I'm trying to think what i was doing 6 years ago....i think i was transferring colleges, back before i dropped out. that feels like at least three lifetimes ago! 

It is interesting, and I'm pretty sure there are lots of fans that would like to read it. But talk about coincidences, my students have a gender swap day today. I didn't know before I arrived at my classroom, but the interesting part is that the girls look more or less as usual, just a big sweater or a hat to hide the hair. But the guys... They wear clothes that I never see any of the girls wear at ordinary day. Dresses that look more like night gowns and stuff. It's a bit weird!

The year fly by so fast, it's ridiculous. I think back, and I feel like I'm a whole other person, but at the same time like I haven't changed at all. It doesn't make sense, but it just feel like that. 

oh wow, i wonder where the boys got their clothes? like from moms or sisters or friends, or else maybe they just had them anyway 😁 kids are interesting! what age group is it?

and that makes sense! once you're set in your career, i feel like time is allowed to move more easily with less change, but also you change within it, so it makes for a different experience of time! i think it's neat. then again, what do i know? i currently have my longest running job, and i've only had it for 2.5 years. i haven't had any one consistent thing i've been doing for more than a couple years since i was a kid!

Mostly they got them from girls in the class, from what I could hear. And then I wonder why the girls have such horrible outfits laying around? It’s high school, so 15-19. It’s a good age, they start to get mature and it’s possible to talk with them about serious stuff. Also most of my subjects are something they chose, so the are a bit more motivated to actually learn. 

Yes, that’s exactly right! I don’t have to plan ahead, in the sense that I have not land already if I don’t choose to change them. So the years go by without big changes. But then again, I’m not a big fan of change, so I wouldn’t change things unnecessarily. But I know I’m much more confident in myself now than I was 6 years ago, and stuff like that. But it’s so subtle, and also so difficult to think back, and not see it through today’s eyes. If that makes sense. 

I wonder if that's what they found that the boys would fit in, or maybe they were modest enough for the boys to be comfortable in? I feel like a lot of "cuter" outfits that girls wear can be quite revealing compared to boys clothes, and the boys wouldn't want to wear that so they were willing to put on the more modest clothes. Or maybe if they wear silly clothes it becomes enough of a joke for them to be comfortable in? Expressing femininity in earnest is not easy for boys, so if they could make a joke out of it that might make it easier. Those are my theories, although I of course have limited context lol anyway, what courses do you teach? Something so intentional means you've gotta be niche enough to be interesting lol

Yeah that makes sense! I like how you put it, how it's difficult to think back and not see it through today's eyes. I feel that. This might be a tangent but I can't tell, but I used to have a habit of judging my past self and feeling embarrassed/like I may have made a mistake but I've learned to trust my past self. Whatever I did seemed like the best option with the information I'd had, I need to trust that. Idk. 

When I see night gowns I mean the revealing kind... not very modest to be honest. But I don’t know. Might be the girls thinking this will be funny. 

I teach maths and physics. And geography, but that’s not what I’m educated to teach. I’m not sure if I’m interesting, I’m just a weirdo that loves maths. 

Oh, I still judge my past self some times. I made decisions then that I wouldn’t make today, but you’re right, we did our best with what we knew. I some times think about how I could’ve made choices that would have made my life completely different, but I do like the way my life has turned out, so I can’t really regret stuff when it did lead me where I am today. At least that what I think in the good moments. 

Ah.....well, that also could be the joke. Teens are truly mysterious. 

Good on you for liking math! I am sort of good at it, but I just find it boring. If you find it interesting, I bet you're a great teacher! As for geography...I am very bad at geography lmao. How did you end up with that job if you aren't trained for it? haha

My understanding of life and, like, the universe is that everything that has happens is the only course of events that is ever and could ever be possible. If you were faced with the same decision again, and knew exactly the things you did at the time (no more and no less), I think would still have made the same decision. That's how I think of it, anyway. I gotta trust my past self to have made the best decision for the available information, because why would I not have? She was just as rational as I am, and if I were faced now with exactly the same circumstances I would do the same. I'd call it fate but it's not exactly that mystical, it's all just inevitable because everything that happens has to be the thing that makes the most sense to have happened. I feel like I'm writing in circles and not making sense anymore lmao, I've been awake for a very long time 😅 I hope my essay I'm writing makes more sense than this

It's 8 am, I've been awake almost 24 hours, I just want this "day" to be over, but I have my first class of the day in about two hours and I still have paper to write 😪 I do crazy things for grades 🙄 I only have 1.5 pages left to meet the length requirements but I am dragging at this point

I think math is quite fun to be honest. Especially the more difficult problems that you have to ponder over and work with for a while. But I am aware off the fact that it makes me a massive geek. The way people react when I tell them what I do for a living is always interesting. A guy once said: it’s interesting that someone choose to do that. Haha! As for the geography, well, it’s a small subject and someone have to teach it. And that someone ended up being me, since I was asked if I could possibly do it at my first ever job interview. And when you’re at your first ever job interview, and you really want the job, you say yes to everything. But it’s an interesting subject actually. At least some parts. 

I kinda agree with you. It makes sense, cause you made that choice at that point for a reason. And you could’ve have made another choice, but you didn’t. At the same time, I do believe it’s possible for us to change the future, like we can make choices, but who we are now is because of who we was and the choices we made, and that can’t be changed. I don’t know if this makes sense, I don’t even know if I fully understand what I think about this. 

I hope you’re getting through the day okay! For me it was always worse in the nights/early morning when I was up all night, and then it was okay through the day and worse again in the evening. But I’m to old for that now! I need my 8 hours off sleep to not be a zombie. 

Lol here's the question: if you had an interview now, would you agree to teach geography again?

I mean hindsight is 20/20, but that doesn't make past you an idiot. I think you're making sense, I think we're on the same page!

Oh yeah definitely, sleep is absolutely essential for mental stability, but I'm in school and I do what I gotta do to get my shit done and make those grades. I can handle a single night of no sleep, but yeah I work really hard now to keep good sleep schedules and get enough at the same time every night. It's more important than people think!

I would definitely say yes to teach geography again. I mean, I’ve done it for 6 years, why not use the experience? On the other side, given the choice between teaching math and geography, I would choose math any time. But as long as I get to do both, I’m okay. 

Yeah, I wasn’t as careful with my sleeping schedule back when it only involved me. But I need a pretty good reason to not sleep before teaching, my students deserve to have my awake and in a stable (or as stable as it can be) mood. So I try for their sake. And I do like myself better when I’ve slept well. But it wasn’t that big off a problem back when I was a student. 

I'm catching up on this thread and all I can think is:

Omg where I am, a singlet is a camisole top petticoat type-thing, not that sports swimsuit onesie whatsit

Feminine men are 100% more interesting, but I think I am just very into people of all genders wearing their hair long (I hope your paper went okay)

The universe is just a bajillion little particles and we're all ricocheting off each other

(My insomnia is back a little bit can you tell)