river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

You know I don't think I've seen much of Biden either? Except for the photo of him signing all the executive orders with a mask on. I love that the mittens have made the national news haha! Apparently they were knitted by a teacher who uses reclaimed/upcycled materials and she's been a bit overwhelmed by all the attention.

Haha, yes, they told all about the teacher. I feel like there’s a void for news that ain’t corona or Trump, so they just jump on it when they find something. Apparently I read them as well, so I guess they do something right. 

The countdown always feel good! I always count down to the next holiday. We have winter holiday in 3 weeks now! And I do love my job, but vacation is still great. 

So... A week or so ago I had asymptomatic covid I think 🙃 I didn't know at the time and only know now because I infected both of my parents 🙃 I feel so bad, but I'm especially annoyed because I've actually followed all government guidance and been really cautious.

Basically, one of my clients tested positive and I had been in their house a few days before (to pick up their dog while they weren't there). I have procedures in place to protect myself and my other clients, but I just KNEW if there was any client I'd get it from it'd be this one - because most dogs I collect from the garden if the owner is in, or I only have to go in, clip the lead to their collar (which they're already wearing), and go out again. But for this client, I have to go through THREE locked doors, chase the dog around until I catch him, put a collar, harness and coat on while he's trying to lick my face (he's honestly the only dog that obsessively tries to lick me), and then lock three doors on the way out. It's the ONLY client where I felt unsafe, and lo and behold they're the ones I caught it from 😑

So after that, even though I don't think I *needed* to isolate (as I hadn't been in contact with the client), I still isolated for 10 days because I'm responsible and would feel horrible spreading it... 🙄

After I think 13 days I saw my mum and step dad who I'm in a bubble with because my isolation was over and I felt fine, but five days later they both come down with it at the same time, so that implies they caught it at the same time rather than one bringing it home from work and there being a delay before the other got it. In addition my mum does lateral flow tests twice a week which show if you've had it in the last 90 days. On Wednesday she tested negative, but on Friday she started feeling ill and tested positive on Saturday. So it almost certainly came from me... So yeah, that's fun. 

Obviously I would've continued isolating if I thought I had it... But asymptotic really means asymptomatic. I didn't even feel tired or under the weather. I'm so grateful that I'm cautious and have lots of procedures in place at work. I'm fairly confident I wouldn't have spread it to a single other person, that's how confident I am in my procedures... But obviously you can never be sure 😬 And theoretically my mum and step dad shouldn't have spread it to anyone either as my mum has her own office that she doesn't let anyone in and my step dad is retired and pretty much only goes out for short walks.

But still.... I just need to go 

URRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Ah, it’s impossible to be 100% safe! No one can blame you for this, you were just as unlucky as can be. I’m so sorry your parents have it, I hope they get through it with no lasting effects. 

Honestly, getting it and not knowing, so I spread it to others is my biggest fear in this pandemic. Sending a big hug your way, you have done everything you could, and this is most definitely not your fault!

Thanks both. I feel extra bad as my mum is really poorly. Thankfully it's not breathing/coughing related but she is being sick lots and is struggling to eat, she says it's very much like the flu so far. My step dad isn't feeling amazing but is well enough to get out of bed and dressed and potter around the house. 

I’m sorry to hear that! Crossing my fingers for a quick recovery🤞🏻🤞🏻

I’ve given up on our government this week. We have this traffic light thing in schools, to tell us how many precautions we have to take according to COVID. And since some time in November my town has been on red in high school. Every time we thought maybe we could go back to yellow, something happened. Lately it has been the British mutation. But we haven’t had anyone with the British mutation here or in the closest towns, so we thought we could go to yellow next week. Then, suddenly this weekend the British mutation was found in the neighboring town, and since we have infected people from the same place in my town, it’s pretty obvious we have the mutation here as well. So what does the government do? They say: let’s open up the schools and go back to yellow! 

Why now!? Suddenly there’s every reason in the world not to do it, but now we’re gonna do it. And yellow means that the kids can sit close, and that the 1 meter apart rule doesn’t exist inside the classroom. Why?? And there’s no way to not follow the rules, so we just have the risk get it inside the classroom and get 30 kids infected at once. Why???

*rant over*

Probably! You know, the rules are so easy to understand these days. In my area it’s like this:

Schools are on yellow (except for those that are closed because off mutant outbreaks). We’re in circle 2 (I would have thought we were in circle 1 now, since we have our own mutant outbreak now, but apparently not), and we’re on level C. Some days ago I read we were on level 3 or 4, but I’m not sure if level 1-5 exist anymore, or if they’re substituted with level A-D. But A-D might just be inside the circles. And off course, every area might have they’re own rules and guidelines in addition to the national ones. Easy peasy!🙄

Haha exactly.

Is anyone else feeling really worn out? I'm going to blame the weather (snowy except now it's just icy sludge and my street is like an ice rink) but also... I'd love to know I'm not the only person who has 1 hour of energy per day right now!

It varies from day to day. I do feel a bit more energized now with the sun coming back, and the days getting longer. Also I have a good time at work. But the whole situation is exhausting, and I get easily frustrated and irritated for no reason. I had quite a down period before Christmas, but we had lots off rain and stuff then, now it’s actually been sunny for weeks. But I think it’s pretty normal to feel worn out now.

I hate icy sludge! Love snow, hate ice! 

Ugh I'm glad it's not just me. I think I need a good sleep and some down time (but not so much I fall behind on work and panic...). The sun's come back! Things are starting to melt away. I love snow but the ice is so dangerous that now the sun's out I need it to zap everything!

On the plus side, I have a lot of cleared-out books and items to donate/sell when I can get to places again. I might never have sorted through those things without lockdown. I never thought boot sales would be a thing I miss but god I do. Also: popping out. You can't just go for a wander around the shops now.

That’s why I need a quarantine, I wasted my time in lockdown feeling sorry for myself or something, and didn’t get anything done. 
I excuse myself with the fact that I did work full time, and had mick Mac. 

but it’s not a good excuse...