river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

Just to keep people in the loop, there's been a nagging notification for months to upgrade to the newest version of this software, it was blue and now it's gone flashy red telling me it needs to do a security update. Going to attempt to update it... so if the forums no longer work after this then you can blame me 😂 I have updated it before so hopefully it won't 🤞

Okay so I can't do the update and I have no contact at WBR any more since Tina left years ago. Oh well. With the rules I mainly just wanted to highlight that this board is pretty old now so things might be archived and we don't need reports of content from 2012.

Haha, I tried to check the rules, but realized I didn’t know the old ones well enough to find any changes. 
I mean, you guys would probably have told me by now if I didn’t follow them...

I have a question for you guys, cause I don’t really see people outside off work these days, and while I have lots off good friends along my colleagues, I can’t ask them. And maybe I shouldn’t even talk to you guys, because I might end up making it something it isn’t. But here it goes. 
What do you guys think off relationships between colleagues? As in romantic? Might never be anything at all, everything might be in my head, but I’ve still gone over all the potential problems in my head a thousand times. Not that I’m ever gonna make a move or anything, so you know... but if this guy wasn’t my colleague I would be head over heels. 

Hmmmm. I generally say 'don't do it' or 'proceed with caution' because if/when things go wrong, there can be lots of complications and more hurt feelings than if you weren't colleagues.

That being said, if you really, really like this guy, there's nothing wrong with following your feelings. We're allowed to be happy, right? I'd say maybe assess where you are as friends? Lots of colleagues can also be very close friends. And if you're very close friends, then you never know where that could lead?

That’s my thoughts exactly! Not a good idea. But then I talk with him and I’m all “Very good idea”. 
But I’ll just keep getting to know him, and we’ll see. I just get so weird when I like a guy. 

I used to be blanket 'work relationships are bad', but it's also ridiculously hard to meet men/whatever you're into. I think a lot people meet their significant others through work but then they coincidentally change jobs. I guess long term working in the same place could get old because you don't have much of a break from each other. I don't see a problem in pursuing it, but I suppose it depends how closely you work together and how you think you'd handle it if it didn't work out. 

Exactly, I mean, I don’t meet people at all these days, but even when times are normal... single men don’t grow on trees, at least not around here. I don’t know if I’m gonna do anything, but it’s good to see I’m not all out in my way of thinking. 
Off course, we’re only 20 something who work at my school, and all off us, but for a few are in the same office. When times are normal we all eat lunch at the same table and stuff like that, so it’s a pretty small place. But he only works part-time, cause he have another job as well. 

Is anyone else finding that their skin is clearer and their eyes brighter now Trump's out of the White House? Like I'm not expecting the world to improve even a little bit, but I do feel slighty less generalised anxiety.

Why do people never learn? We have an outbreak over here with the British mutation (yep, that’s what we call it... sorry about that!), and suddenly people are buying up on goods they don’t really need again. Also, since it’s only in some areas as off now, people travel outside those areas to buy stuff, like alcoholic beverages. I keep loosing faith in humanity!

My area is just outside off the perimeter this far, but they will consider more restrictions for us as well during the day. Not that anything will affect my life much anymore. Only thing is, Mick Mac lives in the neighboring county, so if they tell us not to leave our own county, that will be a problem. Also the can close the school again, and that would suck. But it’s nothing that I can’t live with. Not like all my fellow Norwegians who obviously can’t live a week without buying alcohol...

On a lighter note, is Bernie Sanders and his mittens a big thing in the UK as well? It’s all over my Facebook page! 

Ahaha don't worry, it is the British mutation. I've had some interesting conversations with, ahem, certain types of people who think we should have closed the border to the South Africans because of the 'South African mutation'... I don't think the virus cares about which country it's in when it mutates into a more virusy version of itself.

I'm not surprised that so many people are going back to panic buying though. I think it's people's go-to nervous reaction to all bad news... also some of those people are the same ones who moan about restrictions, break the restrictions and moan about more restrictions...

Ehe, we kinda closed the borders for people from both Britain and South Africa... guess that didn’t work😅

I kinda understand that it happens, but at the same time... the grocery stores are one off the things that will actually remain open, you don’t need to worry! But those people... I’m so tired off those people!

It’s so weird, I don’t think I’ve seen a picture off Biden after he became president, but I’ve seen Bernie with his mittens in every thinkable (and unthinkable!) situation! I mean, someone had photoshopped him into a where’s Wally picture. 

Also NRK, the official news channel have posted the knitting recipe for the mittens.