river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

The one thing I really feel is different is whenever I get a cold, like I have now, I have to stay at home and get tested. And I usually never stay at home when I’m sick, unless I can’t stand up. So it’s driving me a bit crazy, and today I even went back to online teaching, just that I’m home and my students are at school. So now I just wait for that negative test to go back outside again. 

Yes, they want to test everyone with symptoms over here, so it’s my second time. Still haven’t got it! So I was back at work today, good to be back, but so exhausting! Didn’t think it was this easy to get used to lying on the couch doing nothing :P 

When they don’t test people, it’s easy to understand why they can’t get it under control... I’m so looking forward to the vaccine! Don’t think I ever have before, but this one will make me quite happy to be honest. 

But aren’t you in the middle off some exam stuff right now? Didn’t you say something about that in the video? (I might get It wrong, I never hear British accent without subtitles...) 

I have assessments for the course I'm doing. I was meant to start a business degree this year, but it got cancelled for the year and was going to run next year. So I deferred for this year and am doing a diploma in business for the year instead (hence the assessments). I still had my place at the business degree for 2021, but I've changed my mind about what I want to study and where I want to go... so I emailed the uni people declining my business degree. Even though I've changed my mind about what I want to do, it was really daunting declining the place I had.

Also I need to learn closed captions, sorry! I don't know how? And I have no recording equipment to make myself clearer.  I will work on it!

Ah, now it all makes sense! Then I didn’t misunderstand the video, well at least not the big picture. I get the feeling, it’s kind off a big decision, and even when the decision is made, the point where its set in stone is scary. What is it you want to do instead next year?

The videos don’t need captions, I just need to get more training in hearing English! Everything is captioned over here.

Luckily we’re at least not one of those countries that dub everything. That is truly horrible! I saw Charlie and the chocolate factory dubbed at the cinema back in the days, and Johnny Depp speaking Norwegian was a horrible experience...!

Hahaaaa Johnny Depp in Norweigen sounds epically terrible. I'm used to English with English subs because my dad is quite deaf, but thankfully that is just captions. 

I'm hoping to do religion, philosophy and ethics. Lots of thinking and book material! Fingers crossed they let me in... this is the third time I've applied for uni and each time has been ridiculously complicated and soul destorying... and that's just the admin.

It was terrible!! Luckily it’s only done with kids movies, since lots off kids aren’t able to read the captions. 

That’s exciting! Fingers crossed that you get in, and that it goes as planned. Since it’s scheduled for 2021, I would say it’s a chance that it will work out just fine. 

Yes, 2020 has lasted for an eternity! For the first time since I was a little kid, I will be excited for the change off year when we strike midnight at New Year’s Eve. I haven’t really felt like it matters, but this year it does. 

I feel like everyone's going to be SO EXCITED. It's worth staying up for! That being said, if my dad and his girlfriend don't throw a party and/or we have a lockdown scenario, I might just go to bed. I feel like waking up in 2021 with a clear head might be the nicest feeling that could possibly exist? Just waking up and knowing... it's over.

Yes, that would be great as well! Going to be and knowing that when I open my eyes it’s 2021, new year, and a whole world off possibilities. 

On another note, I actually have pneumonia. So that’s that for spending time outside off this appartement for a while. 

Thanks! Hope it won’t last too long, but since it’s a virus there’s nothing to do but wait it out... so I’m waiting it out, getting exhausted from showering or empty the dish washer, or stuff like that. At least I get to catch up on all the tv series, and I just found out that my kitchen chairs are the perfect height to sit on while cooking!