river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

Long shot, but is anyone interested in seven MCR t shirts (size small/medium) and an MCR jumper (small). They're mostly unworn or only worn once. I'd prefer to get rid of them all at once. 

I'm having to be ruthless now I'm moving from a three bed house into a probably small flat 😕 I'm only asking for how much anyone thinks they're worth. I just want them to have a good home! 

Oooh MCR merch and well looked after second hand clothing whose purchase will have relatively little impact on the environment? My two most favourite things! I have no idea what the second hand merch market is like, but I'd probably ask for something like £20 plus P&P for all of them, or a fiver plus P&P for one each. That encourages mass-purchase.

I would’ve been interested if it hadn’t been for the size. I just bought a new shirt though. Or singlet to be precise. I keep looking forward to the show and by merch little by little, so I’m probably gonna be drowning in shirts and stuff at some point in the next year😅

Me tooooo

I've actually cleared out so many clothes lately, I'm trying to be more mindful with what I buy and wear and not keep anything that isn't comfy or anything that lives in my wardrobe 365 days a year. I'm challenging myself to buy more second hand stuff so there's less carbon footprint too. I love a rummage through a charity shop and I've actually found some really beautiful pieces that I couldn't afford otherwise, like a beautiful patterned 50s-esque skirt WITH HUGE POCKETS

I have literally nothing interesting to say, but I felt like I hadn't popped in to say hello for a while or, more accurately, popped in, couldn't think of anything to say and left so here I am saying hiiiii

Hi!

ive been skimming all the convos for a bit but haven’t felt like I could think of anything to add so I just lurked

Yeah, it’s the same with me, can’t figure out anything to say, also life is kind off happening in slow motion because off everything. Not that I’m complaining, it’s just how it is. 

Its good to see you back Brinn, I was worried you had disappeared!

I do feel a bit stuck in mud. And it’s making my brain work slower. Trying to find words is...a laborious process. 

(no disappearing here!)

I was thinking about going out out the other day, not that I go down the pub that often, and the thought of being around so many people made me actually quite nervous. Possibly because a lot of people in my area are acting like the virus never happened... I hope I don't go backwards in my social skills, though, I was bad enough before...

Going out and meeting people is kind off uncomfortable. The situation over here seems to be under control, I mean we have under 10 people hospitalized with the virus at the moment. Like in all off Norway. So people are getting really relaxed, traveling, meeting up, not respecting the distance.... And you never know with the people you meet, including your friends, if they are the sanitize every 5 minute and keep 4 meters distance just in case people, or the this virus is a fraud and I don’t care anymore people, or something in between. So it’s really difficult to know what boundaries to keep, and who you have to be careful around and so on. 

So that was my very long way off saying I understand how you feel. Being social is really difficult! But it was before all this as well, and at least being introvert has been really helpful in this situation. 

I am boggled at how many people think they’re invincible and how little they care for people’s safety. Texas just broke the record of something like 10,000 cases in ONE DAY and their restaurants and shops are still open. I’m terrified all the time. My family went on a trip to Utah for my mom’s birthday and I stayed home with my sister because we were too afraid of getting exposed. I feel really sad and isolated but I am getting some stuff done around the house. 

I've been getting a lot done! I really need to exercise more because my joints are starting to creak from all the sitting down (hadn't realised I must have been quite active pre-lockdown, just walking around and stuff) but I've used most of my lockdown time well given how HORRIBLE AND STRESSFUL the whole thing is. I've cleared out clothes, tidied cupboards, caught up on some reading... 

... and will continue to do so because I've got a vested interest in staying alive.

Yes, I just don’t understand why people can’t just follow the rules! I can understand that you slip up some times, that you don’t really think and suddenly stand to close to someone, and then you move because you realize what you’re doing. That’s human. But when you just don’t care, and even seem proud off not caring... that makes me question your character! And I don’t like when people I like make me question their character!!

Also, on the moving around part, I got pretty bad the first two weeks, since I had a cold and were limited to my 46 square meters. But after that, I’ve gotten into a routine with Mick Mac, so I take him for a ride or a walk in the wood every day. If the weather is not too bad, I usually get at least 10.000 steps, so that’s not to bad. But I’m lucky to have him! I would be so screwed these months if I didn’t!

Also, funny story! The gym has opened up again, and I’m always trying to start a new and better life, so I went there on Monday and warmed up on the threadmill. Figured I should be thorough with washing, got a bit too enthusiastic with the touch screen, and somehow changed the language to Italian. Had no idea how I did it, so I just walked away, and crossed my fingers the next person would understand Italian... From now on, I’ll choose the treadmills without touch screen!

Hahaha I hate any machine that requires active language choosing. Those little infographics might be annoying but give me language option and I'll ruin everyone's day.

Things are starting to open up here, I think gyms are reopening but I don't think I'd use one for a while (not that I do anyway). It's nice to feel a bit more 'normal' though.

I’m trying to get some things done at home today, since I haven’t all the time I’m been home, but for the day to day cleaning. I’ve done a quarter of my closet, and I’m trying to find reasons to not do any more... I really wish I was a persons who enjoyed cleaning and tidying up!

Hi everyone, I can't sleep so wanted to pop in :)

COVID is crazy, I'm still going into work most days, but it's very different. Our building is closed and we are doing things mostly online/through phone and drive-up appointments.

Brinn is right that things in Texas are crazy. I'm in Harris County, and at least our county judge (kind of like the "mayor" of our county) is doing what she can to enforce mask and stay-home orders. But there is only so much she can do, since she can't override our dumbass governor. But it's scary since everyday we hear of people closer to us who have tested positive, even people who are staying at home. Oh, and also, there is a huge delay in testing here. Some people are able to get rapid tests (probably outside of the city) but most people finish their two week quarantine before getting test results back. 

I'm actually about to go out of town for a getaway, but we're going to the beach where we can still socially distance. Work has been crazy since March for both my boyfriend and I and we need some time to destress...

Kerry, I read your post about you and Sam. I'm sorry about your break-up, but I hope you are able to start a new chapter in your life!

I'm working from home today so hopefully I can check in and catch up on more posts 💜

Hi Rachel! So good to see you back here! These are some crazy times, and I’m sorry that you’re right in the middle off it, and that it’s so close. I really hope you and your close ones get through this without getting ill. Getting away and doing stuff that feels semi-normal is important, at least when it’s possible to do it in a safe way.

I can’t even start to imagine how it is to live over there right now with everything. It’s almost back to normal over here, but Norwegians did social distancing as a norm even before corona. No real Norwegian would talk to strangers or sit next to another person on the bus if they could possibly avoid it. Also our prime minister is the better safe than sorry type, and much more reliable than Trump!