river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

3 hours ago, NeverComingHome said:

I hear ya, Radar. But we were all so rushed, we are all fortunate just to have gotten in!

After my mom and I both tried so hard for St Paul tickets, and couldnt get any.... we both were not taking chances with Tacoma. I ended up getting two tickets in the section right next to where my mom got 2 tickets haha. Now my bf and I are going to go with my mom and sister XD

Oh yay! That’s fun that you’re all sitting together. (Unless you didn’t want to for some reason). 

Skelly’s trying to get money together to go with me to the LA show on the 16th but I don’t know if she’s going to make it. 

I’m hoping for a good spot in the queue today! Do we know if anyone else we know is trying to go to this show?

Ahh, good luck Brinn! It feels like a lucky day.... I don't know of anyone necessarily, unless they've been posting here I'm pretty in the dark especially about the west coast shows. I know several people going to Chicago, including Kitty who is also from back in the day so Riot Fest will just be a party I'm very excited

I haven’t talked to Skelly since yesterday so I think it’s fair to assume that she didn’t get a ticket. 

Jackie, I got a ticket in the section lower than the first one I bought. But an Rmy friend on twitter told me that Ticketmaster is doing verified re-sells. If they actually do I’m selling my ticket if I can get a pit or floor seat. I’m hoping I can work that out!

Does anyone know if the re-selling thing is real? And how to utilize it?

Please ignore the above nonsense. I figured out how to get the verified resale tickets through ticketmaster and got myself .a pit ticket for the Inglewood show on the 16th. I'm now selling my old ticket; Section 106, Row 1, Seat 9. Let anyone you know looking for tickets that I'm selling and I'll send them the listing number. I'll take offers :)

17 hours ago, RadarAnomaly said:

Please ignore the above nonsense. I figured out how to get the verified resale tickets through ticketmaster and got myself .a pit ticket for the Inglewood show on the 16th. I'm now selling my old ticket; Section 106, Row 1, Seat 9. Let anyone you know looking for tickets that I'm selling and I'll send them the listing number. I'll take offers :)

😱 holy crap what did you pay for a pit ticket????? i can only imagine 😓

6 minutes ago, DNAdrain said:

😱 holy crap what did you pay for a pit ticket????? i can only imagine 😓

$350 😬 Which is actually what seats in the area I have a ticket in is selling for, so when/if it sells it’ll sort of even out

14 minutes ago, RadarAnomaly said:

$350 😬 Which is actually what seats in the area I have a ticket in is selling for, so when/if it sells it’ll sort of even out

heck that's cheaper than my most expensive ticket, and i didn't get any in the pit! I wonder how widely it varied between venues

Just now, DNAdrain said:

heck that's cheaper than my most expensive ticket, and i didn't get any in the pit! I wonder how widely it varied between venues

That’s wild! I thought $350 plus all the fees was bad; but then I looked into prices for other dates and I was like...damn! Probably because this was for the 4th date so not as many people were swarming for tickets. 

12 minutes ago, RadarAnomaly said:

That’s wild! I thought $350 plus all the fees was bad; but then I looked into prices for other dates and I was like...damn! Probably because this was for the 4th date so not as many people were swarming for tickets. 

idk cause i just checked all the dates i did and all the pits were $540+ so I think it had to do with location as well. east coast vs west coast i guess 😅 i'm happy with what i got, plus i'm looking to attend riot fest which is a festival so i can definitely strategize my way to the front of that one if I want to 😁

2 hours ago, DNAdrain said:

idk cause i just checked all the dates i did and all the pits were $540+ so I think it had to do with location as well. east coast vs west coast i guess 😅 i'm happy with what i got, plus i'm looking to attend riot fest which is a festival so i can definitely strategize my way to the front of that one if I want to 😁

Wow, that’s crazy! $540 plus fees probably comes out to over $600 ; mine ended up being almost $450 after a $75 service fee plus the other random fees. 

I’m glad you’re happy with what you got! And riot fest sounds fun :) I was thinking about going to Aftershock but the 3-day passes are expensive and I wouldn’t really want to go to the other days. Plus I want to save the rest of my money for the dates I’m going to since I already have to make two trips to Inglewood. 

8 minutes ago, RadarAnomaly said:

Wow, that’s crazy! $540 plus fees probably comes out to over $600 ; mine ended up being almost $450 after a $75 service fee plus the other random fees. 

I’m glad you’re happy with what you got! And riot fest sounds fun :) I was thinking about going to Aftershock but the 3-day passes are expensive and I wouldn’t really want to go to the other days. Plus I want to save the rest of my money for the dates I’m going to since I already have to make two trips to Inglewood. 

yeah that makes sense. i know riot fest is craaaazy good, i've been before (chicago is waaay closer to me than the northeast, but i've always wanted to see new york so 🤷‍♂️) so i don't think i'll mind going all three days but also i'm 0% concerned about them selling out before single day tickets start selling because mcr is literally the only band announced so far. the rest are announced in "spring 2020" whenever that means so i've got a minute. 

7 minutes ago, DNAdrain said:

yeah that makes sense. i know riot fest is craaaazy good, i've been before (chicago is waaay closer to me than the northeast, but i've always wanted to see new york so 🤷‍♂️) so i don't think i'll mind going all three days but also i'm 0% concerned about them selling out before single day tickets start selling because mcr is literally the only band announced so far. the rest are announced in "spring 2020" whenever that means so i've got a minute. 

That’s cool! I’m glad you get to go back since you like it so much. Also, if I lived anywhere close-ish to New York is totally go there too. How far is New York from Chicago? I have a fairly long drive from Oakland to Inglewood (well, California-long) but I get the feeling yours is a LOT longer. 

I didn’t get tickets, mostly because I’m seeing Queen twice in June and it kinda coincides with MCRs visit to England. Think I’m going to hold out for a tour after their new music comes. (Guess I’m patient and all...)

• Like 1

It's a 15 hour drive from St. Louis (where I'm from) to New York which I'd be fine doing but since I'm already gonna be gone for two weeks and I have like a job and stuff I'm gonna fly over and like rent a car to get between cities or something. Haven't decided exactly yet, I have like 7 months to plan 😅 as a Midwesterner I'm super okay with driving ridiculous distances but as a human with a job I'm gonna go ahead and cut down on travel time lmao

Lmao putting a lot of stock in the new music theory I see. I feel it. they also have the rest of the world to tour still and they've always been really good about spreading out and covering as many continents as possible so it'll be a minute lmao 

13 hours ago, Lady_Godiva said:

I didn’t get tickets, mostly because I’m seeing Queen twice in June and it kinda coincides with MCRs visit to England. Think I’m going to hold out for a tour after their new music comes. (Guess I’m patient and all...)

That’s totally fair reasoning, especially because you love Queen so much! I’m glad you’re seeing them. 

11 hours ago, DNAdrain said:

It's a 15 hour drive from St. Louis (where I'm from) to New York which I'd be fine doing but since I'm already gonna be gone for two weeks and I have like a job and stuff I'm gonna fly over and like rent a car to get between cities or something. Haven't decided exactly yet, I have like 7 months to plan 😅 as a Midwesterner I'm super okay with driving ridiculous distances but as a human with a job I'm gonna go ahead and cut down on travel time lmao

Lmao putting a lot of stock in the new music theory I see. I feel it. they also have the rest of the world to tour still and they've always been really good about spreading out and covering as many continents as possible so it'll be a minute lmao 

Oh yeah; the drive from Oakland to Inglewood is only like 7 hours (because Californians are spoiled). I was actually getting worried about the cost of the hotels and the drive down since I have to go back and forth between Inglewood and home. I have to pay for some expensive medical treatments and I have this big expense coming up next month where I’m going to fly to Dallas with my sister so she can compete in a huge poetry slam and so was honestly thinking about eventually having to sell my Oakland ticket, but I just got a job and might have another one lined up so I feel a lot better about it. *phew* many words 

I’m also holding out for new music. I know that’s not guaranteed and it could be that all the intrigue and the magic theme could just be standing for them being summoned from the grave, but...I think there’s something more coming. Or maybe just hoping. Maybe not as soon as people are thinking, but coming. 

I mean......I've just come to realize that I can't take anything for granted with this band and I'm just going to take what I can get. If it's a tour I'm more than happy and if it's more, well......that would mean the world to me honestly. I'm just counting my blessings no matter what they're willing to do. I've been fooled before by vague messages from their marketing team so I'm just hoping as much as I dare and appreciating the crumbs they're throwing our way 😂😂

5 minutes ago, DNAdrain said:

I mean......I've just come to realize that I can't take anything for granted with this band and I'm just going to take what I can get. If it's a tour I'm more than happy and if it's more, well......that would mean the world to me honestly. I'm just counting my blessings no matter what they're willing to do. I've been fooled before by vague messages from their marketing team so I'm just hoping as much as I dare and appreciating the crumbs they're throwing our way 😂😂

That’s true...you can’t really expect things without certainty because you’re just setting yourself up for disappointment at that point. And with this band, you definitely don’t know what to expect, whether it’s the guys or their promo team. 

So I’m trying not to take it for granted (but also part of me is still hoping)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RadarAnomaly said:

That’s true...you can’t really expect things without certainty because you’re just setting yourself up for disappointment at that point. And with this band, you definitely don’t know what to expect, whether it’s the guys or their promo team. 

So I’m trying not to take it for granted (but also part of me is still hoping)

Yeah exactly 😁 it's a delicate balance and I am both hoping but also just like. You know those fake ass people that are like count your blessings just be grateful you woke up this morning etc. I feel a little like that about it 😂 like I'm just glad they're around at all and then those same people pray for like whatever people pray for I was never very good at it and like. That's the hoping. I'm counting my blessings they're around at all and praying my ass off that they stick around/do more. 

But mcr works in mysterious ways I guess 😂

Also I definitely just worked like an hour on murdering the resolution on this image so that I could have a profile pic here again because for whatever reason my old one got deleted and I never replace it but there we go I'm Minerva now 🤗

On 2/4/2020 at 3:39 PM, DNAdrain said:

Yeah exactly 😁 it's a delicate balance and I am both hoping but also just like. You know those fake ass people that are like count your blessings just be grateful you woke up this morning etc. I feel a little like that about it 😂 like I'm just glad they're around at all and then those same people pray for like whatever people pray for I was never very good at it and like. That's the hoping. I'm counting my blessings they're around at all and praying my ass off that they stick around/do more. 

But mcr works in mysterious ways I guess 😂

On 2/5/2020 at 9:06 AM, Indifferent Ignorance said:

I'm honestly just here to enjoy myself now. Whatever era this ends up being, I need nothing more from it than knowing there is one (although a good view at the MK show would be appreciated).

I would say that I've mellowed out and that I would just okay with this and nothing more (and I wish I was) but man, I'm too invested in this now. I'm not going wild and hanging on the possibility of more like it's a fact or scrutinizing their every move, but part of me I can't stuff down is too optimistic. But most of me is happy they're back and just appreciating that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RadarAnomaly said:

I would say that I've mellowed out and that I would just okay with this and nothing more (and I wish I was) but man, I'm too invested in this now. I'm not going wild and hanging on the possibility of more like it's a fact or scrutinizing their every move, but part of me I can't stuff down is too optimistic. But most of me is happy they're back and just appreciating that.

I feel exactly like this! I can’t force myself to not hope for something more, but I’m trying really hard. 

• Like 1

lmao nothing wrong with some hope! on one hand I'm like being really nonchalant about the whole thing and on the other hand I'm in the summoning theories thread like WHAT'S THE 519 MEAN???????? like both are true

giphy.webp