river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

Just came home from a Christmas concert with 3 of my favorite Norwegian artists😃 you might have heard of one of them, if you remember A1. One of the guys from A1, Christian, is Norwegian and is doing Christmas concerts every year with an artist named Gaute Ormåsen, whom I really like. And this year they were together with Maria Arredondo, and she has been an idol of mine since I was like 10 years or something. And after the concert my little sister and I got to talk with Gaute for a while, and when we were gonna leave he was just like: I’ve got to give you a hug, and he hugged both my little sister and me, and we was seriously starstruck😁 so this has been a really great night!!

4 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

I think I remember A1 - did they cover Take On Me or something like that?

Yep, I had to google it, but they did! I never really listened to them back in the days, but Christian Ingebrigtsen have made some really great Christmas songs😊

The band who originally did Take on me where Norwegian btw. Just some casual bragging of my country, if you guys didn’t know😛

On 11/26/2019 at 5:47 PM, Indifferent Ignorance said:

I think it was you who told me that back in about 2010!

Oh, my memory doesn’t work too well that far back apparently😅

PS chapter 5 of the businessman’s daughter doesn’t download😭

3 hours ago, dropthedaggerromeo. said:

Today was my third day training as a dog walker. It was also the first day I didn't fall over 🤣

Haha, congrats on both! Let’s hope the new standard is not falling😁

16 hours ago, MajorSunshine said:

PS chapter 5 of the businessman’s daughter doesn’t download😭

fuckssake TECHNOLOGY

Update: it's fixed, I've changed the doc to a PDF. If Patreon isn't glitching, you should have a notification to tell you there's an update to the post. If it is (and it probably is) consider this your automated message!

Edited by Indifferent Ignorance

26 minutes ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

fuckssake TECHNOLOGY

Update: it's fixed, I've changed the doc to a PDF. If Patreon isn't glitching, you should have a notification to tell you there's an update to the post. If it is (and it probably is) consider this your automated message!

Woho, it’s working😃 (lets pretend like I’m not checking during work hours😛)

• Like 1

The smoke detector in my bed room just went off for no reason at all. And I could live with that, if it wasn’t the middle of the night, I was a sleep, and it gave me such a fright that my heart is still pounding 15 minutes later, so I can’t get back to sleep. So much for going to bed early in order to survive work tomorrow😣 anyone else experienced smoke detectors gone wild for no reason before?

Ours did that once, and they’re all connected so they went off through the whole house. Turned out to be a wiring issue I think? Not sure completely. 

When I was at uni there was a smoke alarm in every room and it was seriously the loudest thing I've ever heard. The worst bit was that if it went off we had to go and stand outside, no matter the time, and people would come round to check you were outside. It went off every week usually between 7-9am, which for a student is the middle of the night! 

On 12/12/2019 at 1:44 AM, RadarAnomaly said:

Ours did that once, and they’re all connected so they went off through the whole house. Turned out to be a wiring issue I think? Not sure completely. 

Yeah, I like to gather information, and all the websites said that wired detectors can go wild if there’s something wrong with the wiring. Mine are not wired, but apparently you’re supposed to vacuum you’re smoke detector, so it doesn’t mistake dust for smoke... why didn’t anyone tell me this before?? It’s mostly the cheap ones that make the mistake, and I did look for really cheap ones when I bought mine after all😅 wouldn’t if I had known it would end in sleepless nights!

On 12/12/2019 at 9:25 AM, dropthedaggerromeo. said:

When I was at uni there was a smoke alarm in every room and it was seriously the loudest thing I've ever heard. The worst bit was that if it went off we had to go and stand outside, no matter the time, and people would come round to check you were outside. It went off every week usually between 7-9am, which for a student is the middle of the night! 

Yeah, students are prone to make those things go off every now and then. Did that where I was studying, but luckily not in my appartement complex. Just heard lots of stories😛 but it’s the worst sound ever for sure!! 

On 12/14/2019 at 12:12 AM, MajorSunshine said:

I’ve never done it, but will do it from now on. Just wondering whether you take the detector down, or hold the vacuum up... both seems kinda weird!

You vacuum up 🤔🤣

I've had a looong few weeks so I am quite tired and a bit foggy so I think that's why I'm not that excited? Maybe I'm still in shock, or maybe I won't believe it until I see them live? If hahaha

Will anyone be watching livestreams or Insta lives of the show? I personally can't stand when people share setlists before the show, I'm like DON'T RUIN IT. I'd rather be there in person than half arse it, you know?

It's not really sunk in for me either. Hopefully once I see some footage it'll become real.

Cassie just posted some links to live streams on her twitter if you haven't already seen 😊 I hope they'll be available after! 

I honestly haven’t been able to really think about it, because Christmas holiday and family and finals for my students and everything. But feels surreal, probably gonna put on my headset and see the clips I’m able to get my hands on at some point during the next days!

It hasn’t felt quite real for me either, especially with everything else that’s going on (Christmas, celebrating Hanukkah, my birthday, I’m getting surgery on the 27th, etc.) but I’m trying to be as involved as possible and I am very excited!

Merry Christmas everyone! :wub:

In Norway, we celebrate Christmas Eve, and I started the day at 5am, by throwing up and realizing I had the stomach flu. So not the best Christmas, hope everyone has/had a better one!