river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

On 11/5/2019 at 6:04 PM, Lady_Godiva said:

Thank you!

I work as a freelance scriptwriter and film editor alongside my “normal” job. Hoping to break into the industry full time! How’s it going for you?

'how's it going' really needs its own comment and I dunno if I have the energy this precise moment BUT I am also a writer! Prose mostly, but I'm doing a screenwriting class at community college at the moment, trying to figure out if I want to do a full time course in it or just stick with my current work and take classes. Would you mind if I maybe pick your brain some time?

Also it is so refreshing to see where everyone is at in their lives. I feel like I'm at a school reunion but actually in a nice way.

11 minutes ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

'how's it going' really needs its own comment and I dunno if I have the energy this precise moment BUT I am also a writer! Prose mostly, but I'm doing a screenwriting class at community college at the moment, trying to figure out if I want to do a full time course in it or just stick with my current work and take classes. Would you mind if I maybe pick your brain some time?

Also it is so refreshing to see where everyone is at in their lives. I feel like I'm at a school reunion but actually in a nice way.

Feel free to pick my brain any time you want, any advice I can offer I’d be happy to give out! More than happy to look over your potential course details or talk over where you might want to go in the future. I found that very helpful when I started out. 

(I also feel like I’m at a school reunion. It’s great.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MajorSunshine said:

Hi! So happy to have a kind of new member here😊 just bear over with us as we have our reunion-joy, and feel free to join in on any conversations and threads! 
You can call me Sonia, what do you go by? And do you have any experience with llamas?

Thank you! I’m pretty quiet and shy naturally, but everyone here seems super kind and cool :) and llamas? I don’t have much experience with them first hand but have many years experience loving them from a distance 😜 

18 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

This reminds my that I need to read your fairytale!! I started, then a lot off stuff happened and I never got any further. Could you maybe repost the link?😊

6 hours ago, theswordandthefaith said:

Thank you! I’m pretty quiet and shy naturally, but everyone here seems super kind and cool :) and llamas? I don’t have much experience with them first hand but have many years experience loving them from a distance 😜 

I can confirm that everyone here is super kind and cool! At least the old ones. We’ve stood by each other through good and bad, and been both death serious and complete goof balls together🤪 I would recommend the asylum thread if you ever feel goofy. Actually I recommend the asylum just cause I want more people over there to revive it for real😛

loving llamas from a distance is something we have in common! I have met some real ones, like even pet some, but mostly I just watch them and admire how they are kinda weird, but still beautiful. 

7 minutes ago, MajorSunshine said:

I can confirm that everyone here is super kind and cool! At least the old ones. We’ve stood by each other through good and bad, and been both death serious and complete goof balls together🤪 I would recommend the asylum thread if you ever feel goofy. Actually I recommend the asylum just cause I want more people over there to revive it for real😛

loving llamas from a distance is something we have in common! I have met some real ones, like even pet some, but mostly I just watch them and admire how they are kinda weird, but still beautiful. 

Awww sounds like you all have been through a lot and built some really lasting and beautiful friendships. ☺️ That’s amazing. I’ll definitely check out the asylum thread! I’m a big fan of goofiness haha.

Oooh I’m jealous! I pet some alpacas once, which was fun but I’d love to meet some llamas 🦙 That’s a good way to describe them, weird but beautiful. They have a sort of awkward grace 😂

17 minutes ago, NeverComingHome said:

A wild Nevvie appears after years and years...

Welcome back Gabby, I remember you! The gang really is getting back together, huh?

On a side note, I feel we should make another one of those “Post a pic of yourself” threads as we’re not all teenagers anymore 🤔

4 hours ago, MajorSunshine said:

This reminds my that I need to read your fairytale!! I started, then a lot off stuff happened and I never got any further. Could you maybe repost the link?

I had this whole cool comment about My Life Now and I effing clicked off the page GOD. I also have shitty hands (probably from spending 8 hours a day talking to you lot in 2010) so I need to go and rest them so I will write it again tomorrow.  But here is the link to the prologue! https://francescaswords.wordpress.com/2019/03/13/prologue-the-princess-and-the-dragon-and-other-stories-about-unlikely-heroes-by-francesca-burke/

57 minutes ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Everyone please go and buy all of Gabrielle's art. Then send me some.

Awww thank you so much!

56 minutes ago, MajorSunshine said:

Nev!!! Welcome back! How are you doing?😁

Heyyyyy! Im good! That feels so vague to say after being gone for three years haha 

How are you!?

40 minutes ago, Lady_Godiva said:

Welcome back Gabby, I remember you! The gang really is getting back together, huh?

Hey Ash! Are you still going by that? Let me know haha I remember you too of course! 

It feels so surreal to be back here, somewhere that was so integral to my life 8 years ago! And that the band is back!

3 minutes ago, NeverComingHome said:

Hey Ash! Are you still going by that? Let me know haha I remember you too of course! 

It feels so surreal to be back here, somewhere that was so integral to my life 8 years ago! And that the band is back!

I’m still going by Ash. It’s actually my legal name now (as of 2018, I’m good at procrastinating...). Didn’t seem a big deal because I was already using the name for years!

Feels surreal for me to be back too. I’d grown out of MCR since 2013, I’m probably going to be listening to the music in a totally different way. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Thanks!! Will go back and read and give you my reactions. And all you other guys: read it!! It’s amazing!

16 hours ago, NeverComingHome said:

Heyyyyy! Im good! That feels so vague to say after being gone for three years haha 

How are you!?

good to hear! Haha, it’s kinda difficult to not be vague after 3 years, like it’s either that or writing a biography😛

I’m good too! Especially right now, lying on the couch after being outside in the snow😁

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lady_Godiva said:

I’m still going by Ash. It’s actually my legal name now (as of 2018, I’m good at procrastinating...). Didn’t seem a big deal because I was already using the name for years!

Feels surreal for me to be back too. I’d grown out of MCR since 2013, I’m probably going to be listening to the music in a totally different way. 

I tried to multiqoute, but my phone didnt agree with me, so you got your own post Ash. Congrats with making the name official😃

On 11/8/2019 at 1:39 PM, MajorSunshine said:

I tried to multiqoute, but my phone didnt agree with me, so you got your own post Ash. Congrats with making the name official😃

Thank you!! I'm glad it's official too. It makes all the legal things less stressy!

This was a night last night, look at all that joy! dancing in THOSE shoes was difficult, let me tell ya

yHRsrqH.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 11:13 AM, Lady_Godiva said:

Thank you!! I'm glad it's official too. It makes all the legal things less stressy!

This was a night last night, look at all that joy! dancing in THOSE shoes was difficult, let me tell ya

yHRsrqH.jpg

I love this picture

21 minutes ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Was this a wedding? I need context

It was a wedding! I was pretty much the only sober person by the end of the night, but it didn’t stop me having a boogie. Mick, the guy in the wheelchair, said I made his night. Bless him. 

The song we we were dancing to was Don’t Stop Me Now... 

39 minutes ago, Lady_Godiva said:

It was a wedding! I was pretty much the only sober person by the end of the night, but it didn’t stop me having a boogie. Mick, the guy in the wheelchair, said I made his night. Bless him. 

The song we we were dancing to was Don’t Stop Me Now... 

I am so glad to hear you had an amazing time at the wedding. The photo truly says it all! Nothing is going to stop you now Ash. I am proud that you feel so comfortable in your own skin and recovery to still share special moments in an environment with alcohol.

36 minutes ago, SulfurSiren said:

I am so glad to hear you had an amazing time at the wedding. The photo truly says it all! Nothing is going to stop you now Ash. I am proud that you feel so comfortable in your own skin and recovery to still share special moments in an environment with alcohol.

Thank you, Rachel :wub: (don’t you just miss the wubs?)

I’m so blessed that I have friends that knew my struggles and look out for me in tempting environments. I used to completely avoid situations with alcohol but as the years rolled by I realised it was stopping me being sociable so now I just prepare myself in any way I can. 

The fact Queen was playing in this wedding party made it a lot easier ;)