river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

I’ve grown a lot since I was last here! 2013 is a lifetime away and my life is nothing like it was, mostly because of a rollercoaster few years, but I’m far happier these days! (For example, I just celebrated 4 years sobriety!)

How have you all been?

• Like 2

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH YOU'RE BACK! Hi I've missed you 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤 all the best people are coming back this is the best

Okay so my favorite had to be Osaka. It's Japan's second largest city (after Tokyo of course) and imo it's the perfect size. I love cities, I love entering a new one and feeling out the vibe. When a city is enormous, though, the vibe can be lost and you have to break it down to neighborhoods to feel their vibes. Osaka is not too big but it is complicated and fun! I loved just walking the streets, but also it's got some neat districts and fun things to do. I'd live there if I could 🤩 I am absolutely determined to go back someday and hopefully spend even more time there next time! 

(lmao if anyone wants to see pictures I used my insta for that, @kateranoff)

Guess. What I just did. I need somewhere to be excited about this. I just wrote my letter of resignation! I've had the kind of job that people quit as birthday gifts to themselves (true story) for over a year now. They've been pushing me to enter management because I'm good at shit and don't have a shitty attitude. They get paid a ton but you literally could not pay me enough to manage this place it's a shit hole. 

Also I have a second job already, and it's a fucking dream job that I've been trying to get since I started since I entered the workforce. I'm a librarian! So I have this dream job, I'm full time in school, and then I had this second job that's been killing me....whenever I talk to my friends about all the shit I do their eyes get wide and they try to calmly explain that I don't need to do all this to myself. And they're right! It's taken me three months but I'm finally quitting. I am SO STOKED

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DNAdrain said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH YOU'RE BACK! Hi I've missed you 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤 all the best people are coming back this is the best

Okay so my favorite had to be Osaka. It's Japan's second largest city (after Tokyo of course) and imo it's the perfect size. I love cities, I love entering a new one and feeling out the vibe. When a city is enormous, though, the vibe can be lost and you have to break it down to neighborhoods to feel their vibes. Osaka is not too big but it is complicated and fun! I loved just walking the streets, but also it's got some neat districts and fun things to do. I'd live there if I could 🤩 I am absolutely determined to go back someday and hopefully spend even more time there next time! 

Guess. What I just did. I need somewhere to be excited about this. I just wrote my letter of resignation! I've had the kind of job that people quit as birthday gifts to themselves (true story) for over a year now. They've been pushing me to enter management because I'm good at shit and don't have a shitty attitude. They get paid a ton but you literally could not pay me enough to manage this place it's a shit hole. 

Also I have a second job already, and it's a fucking dream job that I've been trying to get since I started since I entered the workforce. I'm a librarian! So I have this dream job, I'm full time in school, and then I had this second job that's been killing me....whenever I talk to my friends about all the shit I do their eyes get wide and they try to calmly explain that I don't need to do all this to myself. And they're right! It's taken me three months but I'm finally quitting. I am SO STOKED

I MISSED YOU TOO (And I also dropped you a message on Facebook messenger) 

I’m SO happy to hear everyone growing and being successful and ahhh, a few years can do so much can’t it?

I AM ALSO STOKED FOR YOU. 

• Like 1

I wouldnt even call myself successful I'm a college dropout living with my dad still 😭😭 I just do a lot of weird shit lmfaooo 

In the time MCR was inactive I've:

-Finished med school (well, I was in my last year when they broke up...anw, now I could actually be a MCRmy medic ... currently planning on completing a mental health first aid training)

-Finished a PhD :) ( waiting for marking... but the thing is basically done)

❤️ I'm so happy there's more activity going on here :) 

Without the chats, games, casual and more deep discussions I would have not gotten to where I am in life right now. I will be always in debt with My Chem and the MCRmy ❤️ 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DNAdrain said:

Wow, Osaka sounds awesome! And I’m happy for you for quitting your job. Sounds enough with one job with everything you got going on, and that should be the one you actually enjoy!

23 hours ago, ShellosaurusRex said:

*peeks in*

Hi!! Please stay😊😊

On 11/3/2019 at 9:26 PM, Lady_Godiva said:

I’ve grown a lot since I was last here! 2013 is a lifetime away and my life is nothing like it was, mostly because of a rollercoaster few years, but I’m far happier these days! (For example, I just celebrated 4 years sobriety!)

How have you all been?

Good to se you back!!! And so glad to hear you’re happier😃

I’ve been good, grown up and got a lot off grown up responsibilities, but still alone (but for my horse). 

9 hours ago, OurLadyOfSorrows said:

In the time MCR was inactive I've:

-Finished med school (well, I was in my last year when they broke up...anw, now I could actually be a MCRmy medic ... currently planning on completing a mental health first aid training)

-Finished a PhD :) ( waiting for marking... but the thing is basically done)

❤️ I'm so happy there's more activity going on here :) 

Without the chats, games, casual and more deep discussions I would have not gotten to where I am in life right now. I will be always in debt with My Chem and the MCRmy ❤️ 

Great to see you back, and it’s so cool to read everything you have accomplished since then! Are you working as a doctor?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MajorSunshine said:

I’ve been good, grown up and got a lot off grown up responsibilities, but still alone (but for my horse). 

Hey, a horse is as good a companion as any! Sounds good to me 😁

I’m so glad to see all of you!! I’ve missed every single one of you very much. I’m loving having the opportunity to hear about how you’re all doing and getting updates on how we’ve all grown and changed. 🥰

I was thinking we all should post an update with the name we’d like to be used to refer to ourselves, and also our pronouns so we all know how to refer to each other correctly. 

On 11/3/2019 at 2:12 AM, dropthedaggerromeo. said:

I've just noticed that loads of pinned threads have been automatically archived, so I've tried to in-archive them. If you notice any threads you want to comment on/think should be open but they're archived let me know.

Most of the “Other Discussions” forum is archived, like The Asylum and the game threads (except for the top 3). 

On 11/3/2019 at 5:08 PM, DNAdrain said:

Thailand (specifically Bangkok and Hua Him), South Korea (Seoul, Gangneung, Busan), and Japan (Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo)

Where'd you go? 

Thailand (some islands and Chiang Mai/Pai), Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Devastatingly beautiful and GOD THE FOOD. I'd love to visit Korea and Japan, they are on my list.

On 11/3/2019 at 8:26 PM, Lady_Godiva said:

How have you all been?

Heyyyyy! Are you still in film?? I am sort of reaching toward being in film. Congrats on your sobriety also, that's huge.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:28 PM, DNAdrain said:

I generally do not ever want a real job ever again (I'm freelance and also did the second job thing til I collapsed) but a librarian is the one job I would do happily.

7 hours ago, RadarAnomaly said:

I was thinking we all should post an update with the name we’d like to be used to refer to ourselves, and also our pronouns so we all know how to refer to each other correctly. 

Yes definitely. Not just because there are a lot of names (and gender identities actually) that I never actually knew and just kind of guessed or surmised. Maybe a new Introductions thread? Might be easier for any new people too?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Heyyyyy! Are you still in film?? I am sort of reaching toward being in film. Congrats on your sobriety also, that's huge.

Thank you!

I work as a freelance scriptwriter and film editor alongside my “normal” job. Hoping to break into the industry full time! How’s it going for you?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Yes definitely. Not just because there are a lot of names (and gender identities actually) that I never actually knew and just kind of guessed or surmised. Maybe a new Introductions thread? Might be easier for any new people too?

That’s a good idea; I can start one if needs be. Unless that should be a mod thing?

May I brag about myself for a minute? I’ve actually got a routine where I go to the fitness center before work every Wednesday! I’ve figured the best way to make myself actually work out is to get myself to the center before I’m quite awake, cause then I can’t make up any excuses 😂 

PS Kerry, what do you think off reviving the asylum? I kind of miss that place. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MajorSunshine said:

May I brag about myself for a minute? I’ve actually got a routine where I go to the fitness center before work every Wednesday! I’ve figured the best way to make myself actually work out is to get myself to the center before I’m quite awake, cause then I can’t make up any excuses 😂 

PS Kerry, what do you think off reviving the asylum? I kind of miss that place. 

That's such a good idea (and well done for sticking to it!). I've tried going to the gym regularly before but it didn't work 😂

So I unarchived most of the threads on that first page, and some have worked but some haven't 🤔 The ones that haven't unarchived now don't have the option to try again :( I'll have another look after work today on a desktop rather than phone version. 

1 hour ago, dropthedaggerromeo. said:

That's such a good idea (and well done for sticking to it!). I've tried going to the gym regularly before but it didn't work 😂

So I unarchived most of the threads on that first page, and some have worked but some haven't 🤔 The ones that haven't unarchived now don't have the option to try again :( I'll have another look after work today on a desktop rather than phone version. 

Thanks, I’m pretty proud of myself. I did tell a lot of people about it after doing it twice, including my boss, so now it’s really embarrassing to stop😅 that’s another good tip. 
I’ve tried going regularly a lot of times, and I always drop out eventually, so we’ll see how long it works🙈

well, thanks for trying, and if it doesn’t work, we’ll find a way around it. Like making a new one or something😊

• Like 1

I’m not super new to the forum but wasn’t very active in the past. With the recent news I want to change that. :) Sisterhood and others with a mutual love for My Chem are things that have been lacking in life recently. So... hi! *waves awkwardly*

On 11/3/2019 at 3:26 PM, Lady_Godiva said:

How have you all been?

So happy to see you back! You were always a good friend to me and I have missed your presence. 

Sending my love to you all! It is hard to sum up the past six years since MCR broke up. Lia and I were together at another concert the night MCR broke up. We sobbed and held each other. We made a promise that when the boys returned we would be there... And by some miracle, we were able to buy tickets at original pricing in the sale. So our dream is actually going to happen and I will report back to you all with photos and updates.

I was a new professional in the field back in 2013 and was still finding my way. Now I am a social worker in an inpatient hospital with many opportunities for growth, including research. I have worked in Community Mental Health services and settings that provide skilled nursing, long term care, short term rehab, hospice, and inpatient cardiac telemetry. In 2013, I started a relationship with hopes of a life together, but this bond eventually proved to be abusive, toxic, and full of gas lighting, manipulation, and control. I took me four years to wake up to this reality and I finally broke it off in end of 2017.

The next two years have been a time of healing, meditation, and finding peace within myself. There was a period of time where I was quite sick in 2016 to 2018. Life became alot of doctors appointments and medications. I still live with chronic illness and have a daily medical to do list that lasts for one double sided page. It's alot to keep suspended in my mind let alone in action. But I have found a way to make it work. To capture the joy in chronic illness and disability, which is often not seen until your on the other side of it. Disability Rights has always been a passion of mine due to being a sibling of someone with autism, chronic illness, neurological disease, and disabilities. In the past three years, I have chosen to be on committees and commissions trying to improve the life of people with disabilities in my work and my community. My disabilities truly have been a gift and showed me who really cared about me for who I am. It strengthened my relationships with family/friends and also helped me understand who fell away when I no longer chased them. My MCRmy bestie Lia cared for me in a way I could have never expected. She was my rock. She sought me out when I went silent and would remind me of who I am and what I am capable of when I started to lose perspective in the illness, exhaustion, and fatigue. She was there through the hard times and it is all because of MCR that we even found each other in this large world. I will live with these diseases for the rest of my life with extensive medication and equipment, but I can report with joy that I will be alive with this work left to pursue and the ability to live up to my hopes as an advocate, friend, sister, and daughter. That is more than most people can ask for. Untreated, my conditions would have worsened and could have lead to early death, which I am trying to avoid at all costs. Just grateful to be there and checking in with my dear MCRmy friends again. I have thought of you often even in my silence and missed your unconditional caring.

My cat Bowie died in 2016, after being adopted in January 2011 during the height of Danger Days era. I re-homed a cat, who was already named Mick, into my life in 2018 and it was the best decision I have ever made. Both of my kitties had me dancing in the street with joy! My life is so full and I am incredibly grateful for all my darling family and close friends who have supported me through both victories and chronic illness. I am currently in remission on some conditions, but have to take alot of medications each day to help my body function similar to the average person. It can be hard to balance, but it is worth it and has given me a peace that I have never known before. There will always be ups and downs, but I have the personal and professional tools and skills to roll along with the waves instead of fighting it or being tossed about below the surface. This is largely due to my journey with meditation and mindfulness practice starting in 2016. After study and further involvement in a local zen Buddhist temple, I made the decision to formally take the precepts to become a Buddhist. It is a journey of ever-evolving adjustment to life. Peace and enlightenment are not static states and it takes alot of focus to simply be aware of the present moment. But, that's what helps me in my personal life and social work. It is all about finding the calm in the middle of the storm, sitting there, accepting the storm as it is with no desire to change it... and then finding peace in the middle of the raging storm that is within your mind. Sorry for the rambling. It's one of those things if it doesn't make sense to you it sounds absurd, but if you have taken a few breaths to really observe your world, it starts to come together. It takes years of these moments, but it is worth it to me and is the journey I hope to continue for the rest of my life. I am also still an avid concertgoer and that remains the same. Thanks for listening. Wishing you all the best in your day and this life ❤️ 

56 minutes ago, SulfurSiren said:

So happy to see you back! You were always a good friend to me and I have missed your presence. 

This is sweet Rachel, thank you for your kind words. I do miss the good old days of the MCRmy, and your presence!

On a serious note, I also found myself in a two year long abusive relationship from 2016 to mid 2018, hearing you broke it off and are now free from that situation makes my heart so happy for you. From my own experience, I know this is not easy for anyone to do. The humbling experience I had was that it made me appreciate my relationships with others much deeper, even just acquaintances on the street! I am so glad to hear your life is full of victories now, alongside such supportive friends and family.  Although we haven't spoken in a long time, it makes me so proud to hear that you have chosen to be on committees and commissions trying to improve the life of people with disabilities. I feel if we have a battle we have to face, we often want to help others that are also battling them, I think that shows a lot of depth and courage in a person. I always admired your drive growing up in the Sister Wives, and nothing's changed there! I am so happy thank the reunion will rekindle of the lost relationships and friendships I had with you guys, and that already has made me grateful - and that's without the music!

Really looking forward to your MCR pics!

I'll try to sum up my last 6 years in my next post (yikes)

I still go by Ashley... not sure I mentioned that!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MajorSunshine said:

Thanks, I’m pretty proud of myself. I did tell a lot of people about it after doing it twice, including my boss, so now it’s really embarrassing to stop😅 that’s another good tip. 
I’ve tried going regularly a lot of times, and I always drop out eventually, so we’ll see how long it works🙈

well, thanks for trying, and if it doesn’t work, we’ll find a way around it. Like making a new one or something😊

That's definitely a good idea, you can't back out when you've told people lol

Okay, I've done some fiddling in the admin section that I don't understand and set it to only archive things that haven't been posted in for three years (was previously one year) - it should un-archive any that have been posted in in the last three years soon!

Okay, so this is my life update thingy.

I still go by Ash/Ashley and I use he/him pronouns most of the time.

So here's most of my story? Sam and I broke up amicably in late 2015, it was fine, no animosity or ill feeling, these things happen! Shortly after this happened I went on a "hey Ash, you gotta explore yourself" in terms of my career, my studies etc, so I took time out to figure out what I want to do - eventually I graduated with a film degree in 2017 (first class - who know I was that smart??) anyway, that was a surprise that I surpassed my own expectations. I got a part time job as a scriptwriter, which is a lot of fun, the people I work with have almost become my family, alongside this I work an office job to keep my bank topped up. It's okay - I don't think it will be forever, but it's okay, you know?

In mid 2016, I met my ex fiancee, lets just refer to her as "my ex" for the purpose of this post - anyway, it kinda started off perfect, she was there to support me through my degree, and I supported her through her studies, and we just kinda gelled. I didn't expect to fall in love with a woman, but hey sexuality is a complicated area for me so lets not go there! Eventually I realised this relationship was abusive, in an emotional and physical sense. I won't go into detail and it's not needed and not appropriate, but it was the hardest thing I've probably ever faced. My health got so bad, that my hair physically started to fall out, I was having constant panic attacks and was generally on edge, and I sunk back into that dark place I thought I'd never get back out again. Eventually the police got involved, I refused to press charges. The turning point for me, was I was discussing with my therapist the start of this year, my ordeal, in full detail and its extent as well as my background and my former battles as well as victories.We were talking, and I had mentioned I felt like a failure, I felt like I'd go back to the place I always was as this teenager, but she replied "you have your sobriety" - and it hit me like a tonne of bricks. Through all the bad - I hadn't touched a drink. I have just celebrated 4 years sobriety and I couldn't be more proud of myself. In the darkness, came a light and positive. I held onto that to allow me to grow.

Since the breakup in mid 2018, i've been back in that "Hey Ash, you gotta explore yourself" mindset and honestly, I've grown exponentially in the last year or so. I am, thankfully, much happier these days. The experience of hitting rock bottom emotionally allowed me to step back and view my life in a real raw sense, and since then I've decided to take my Masters degree and I've also been exploring my faith and beliefs. I'm positive about my future, albeit I'm not entirely sure what it looks like. Personally, my passion is in film and photography (does anyone want my instagram? I take pretty pictures),  But I have developed more passions. I would like to work with a charity at some point. My own experiences in life over the past 6 years (good and bad) - has led me to want to make a change. Do I stick with media or charitable work? I don't know, all I do know is the future is bright :)

OH

Before I forget...

You all remember how Queen obsessed I was/am?

I saw Queen last year.

I'm seeing Queen twice next summer.

Little 8 year old me would be so proud.

I do miss my dear freddie

i got a dog and called it freddie

i also brought a replica red special (brian may guitar)

and i learned to play the ukelele

oh and i still own a black parade jacket

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theswordandthefaith said:

I’m not super new to the forum but wasn’t very active in the past. With the recent news I want to change that. :) Sisterhood and others with a mutual love for My Chem are things that have been lacking in life recently. So... hi! *waves awkwardly*

Hi! So happy to have a kind of new member here😊 just bear over with us as we have our reunion-joy, and feel free to join in on any conversations and threads! 
You can call me Sonia, what do you go by? And do you have any experience with llamas?