river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

That's probably part of my problem, I don't talk to anyone about anything. I said I'd rather not go down the medication route, which he was fine with, but did suggest it may be a good short term idea as the wait for counselling can be 6 - 12 months. Still, I've felt like this for 10+ years so another year can't hurt too much.

I feel you on the money front. I start buying Christmas presents in the January sales haha! Good luck with your Etsy bits, do you have a link to your shop?

On 11/1/2017 at 4:44 PM, dropthedaggerromeo. said:

Happy Halloween (for yesterday)! Onto Christmas now!

So funny story, I got an interview for that job, had an anxiety attack and then cancelled it an hour beforehand  ?

Don't forget about American thanksgiving! Everyone does... but it celebrates food and friendship, so I think it's a good holiday to remember...

At least you called! I would have just no-showed. I would also probably wait for counseling to be available rather than starting on medication. This is just knowing how often it takes 6-12 months or longer to actually find the right prescription...

Happy thanksgiving! If there's food, I'm there.

Good point Rachel, I have a friend who went on beta blockers and it turned out that what she had was completely unrelated to needing beta blockers. Kerry is there a free service/charity in your area that could help? There's one in my town called Mind, you can literally walk in and talk to someone. I'm not sure how national it is, though.

My Etsy is: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FrancescaBurke (psst there's always free UK postage and from Monday through 30th November there's gonna be a giant promotion for international customers offering free postage on orders over £10)

On 04/11/2017 at 2:17 AM, river said:

Don't forget about American thanksgiving! Everyone does... but it celebrates food and friendship, so I think it's a good holiday to remember...

At least you called! I would have just no-showed. I would also probably wait for counseling to be available rather than starting on medication. This is just knowing how often it takes 6-12 months or longer to actually find the right prescription...

I'd love to come and celebrate Thanksgiving in America some time. Although it's kind of tradition in Britain to have roast dinner every Sunday, so that's no different ?

I didn't want to burn any bridges for the future, although I'm not sure I'd ever be brave enough to apply there again!

Thanks for the advice, he wasn't really pushy about it but he never went into the possible benefits of it either. I'd be interested if anybody has any stories to share if they'd be comfortable (or PM me), as although I said no, I haven't completely ruled it out.

On 04/11/2017 at 11:45 AM, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Happy thanksgiving! If there's food, I'm there.

Good point Rachel, I have a friend who went on beta blockers and it turned out that what she had was completely unrelated to needing beta blockers. Kerry is there a free service/charity in your area that could help? There's one in my town called Mind, you can literally walk in and talk to someone. I'm not sure how national it is, though.

My Etsy is: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FrancescaBurke (psst there's always free UK postage and from Monday through 30th November there's gonna be a giant promotion for international customers offering free postage on orders over £10)

I think Mind is a national thing, although I think what I'm being referred to is kind of the same thing.

I'll check your etsy out when I get chance :)

I have no own experience with that kind of medication Kerry, but someone close to me were on anti depressants, and ended up with no moods at all... like even though the sadness disappeared, the happiness went away as well. Also, quitting them was awful... but I guess it might be a good solution for some. 

Hey Kerry, I've had some anxiety issues recently too, to the point where I left my last job as I was having constant anxiety attacks, but I never talked about it online. I hope things improve for you. My recent anxiety stories go back all the way to May (Which is why I've been a bit incognito) now I'm medicated, though i still struggle with basic tasks due to anxiety, if you need someone to talk to my PMs should be open. Rachel does have a very valid point though, at least you called in that situation. 'I know I definitely couldn't have done that.

I see Etsy has been talked about. I've explored the avenue of Etsy with selling my photography, but I found a site called Pixoto. Unfortunately I have to sell my photography under my birth name (which I still hate), until I can think of an ideal pseudonym, huh, still thinking on that one. Once I have a pseudonym I can change the URL. I don't just want to be "Mr Mercury" for everything. Sorry Freddie  Since I'm now unemployed and getting married next year, this is how I hope to make a bit of money, though I'm not sure if it's viable, in that, i'm not sure if any would sell at all, maybe I'm being pessimistic, I'm not sure... anyway. I would however like you guys to offer me feedback on my current portfolio, I know I'm just starting out! http://www.pixoto.com/jakemottram

On 06/11/2017 at 8:41 PM, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Roast dinner as a mini thanksgiving kind of sums up Britain.

Whichever route you go down, good luck! I have no stories myself but I hope it works out. 

I can't live without my weekly roast dinner!

Thank you ?

On 07/11/2017 at 4:39 PM, MajorSunshine said:

I have no own experience with that kind of medication Kerry, but someone close to me were on anti depressants, and ended up with no moods at all... like even though the sadness disappeared, the happiness went away as well. Also, quitting them was awful... but I guess it might be a good solution for some. 

Thanks for the advice, both of those were concerns of mine so good reasons to avoid I think. 

13 hours ago, Lady_Godiva said:

Hey Kerry, I've had some anxiety issues recently too, to the point where I left my last job as I was having constant anxiety attacks, but I never talked about it online. I hope things improve for you. My recent anxiety stories go back all the way to May (Which is why I've been a bit incognito) now I'm medicated, though i still struggle with basic tasks due to anxiety, if you need someone to talk to my PMs should be open. Rachel does have a very valid point though, at least you called in that situation. 'I know I definitely couldn't have done that.

I see Etsy has been talked about. I've explored the avenue of Etsy with selling my photography, but I found a site called Pixoto. Unfortunately I have to sell my photography under my birth name (which I still hate), until I can think of an ideal pseudonym, huh, still thinking on that one. Once I have a pseudonym I can change the URL. I don't just want to be "Mr Mercury" for everything. Sorry Freddie  Since I'm now unemployed and getting married next year, this is how I hope to make a bit of money, though I'm not sure if it's viable, in that, i'm not sure if any would sell at all, maybe I'm being pessimistic, I'm not sure... anyway. I would however like you guys to offer me feedback on my current portfolio, I know I'm just starting out! http://www.pixoto.com/jakemottram

I'm glad you've been able to seek out help. I find letting yourself appreciate the small achievements helps, even if it's speaking to someone you've not spoken to before or just getting dressed and going out. It's hard for other people to understand how difficult that can be sometimes!

I'll check it out, I like the pseudonym Jake Mercury, or maybe you could pick out another name related to Queen (or MCR :P) 

Definitely appreciating small achievements helps, i've been struggling to acknowledge them at times, it's tricky. I've been speaking about a disorder I have called Trichotillomania recently, it's certainly helped me feel less guilty.  You're right though, it's hard for people to understand, and of course, that often makes our anxieties worse.

That's a good pseudonym but I want to completely avoid using my birth name if possible. I could use Ash/Ashley Mercury, but I've used that so many times -_- Pseudonym's are hard.

1 hour ago, Lady_Godiva said:

That's a good pseudonym but I want to completely avoid using my birth name if possible. I could use Ash/Ashley Mercury, but I've used that so many times -_- Pseudonym's are hard.

Ash if it helps any, Etsy doesn't really care what name you use as long as your info behind-the-scenes works out (publicly you can be literally anyone as long as you're not nicking a copyrighted name). Good luck with your work though, I love the dog photo. :)

Thanks for that Francesca, I've looked into Etsy and will probably use it in the near future. Since I'm starting out I'm going to stick to Pixoto to see if i can sell a few.

I wonder if pseudonym generators are a thing... 

Yeah, I have steroid cream... it wasn't actually that bad, it's like having dry skin so I didn't think anything was wrong until he pointed it out!

Happy new year! I went out, kind of - our friends down the road do a party, so I got dressed up but it's always actually quite chill and nice to catch up with everyone. What did you do?

It's scary how easy it is to have illnesses or infections without even noticing. Fingers crossed we're both healthy again soon!

That sounds good. I stayed in on my own as the antibiotics I'm on were making me feel sick. Sam came home just before midnight though so I wasn't alone!

Back to work today though ?? it's making me so miserable I've spent £15 on the lottery in the vain hope I might win enough to quit. 

Francesca- I did something similar for new year, just went to an old friend's house and played board games with some of my childhood friends!

I've spent the past couple of days moving into a bigger apartment. it's so nice! I love it.

On 02/01/2018 at 2:47 PM, dropthedaggerromeo. said:

It's scary how easy it is to have illnesses or infections without even noticing. Fingers crossed we're both healthy again soon!

That sounds good. I stayed in on my own as the antibiotics I'm on were making me feel sick. Sam came home just before midnight though so I wasn't alone!

Back to work today though ?? it's making me so miserable I've spent £15 on the lottery in the vain hope I might win enough to quit. 

You know things are bad when you're buying lottery tickets to feel better! I'm going on a seriously-cheap and cheerful 4-day trip to Barcelona in a week or so, I'm looking forward to a break and some sun (hopefully some sun!), I think this time of year we all need something to look forward to.

On 03/01/2018 at 4:21 AM, river said:

Francesca- I did something similar for new year, just went to an old friend's house and played board games with some of my childhood friends!

I've spent the past couple of days moving into a bigger apartment. it's so nice! I love it.

Ooh moving is so exciting! And so stressful. Are you settled in?

Hi guys! Hope you win the big prize Kerry! And congrats with your new apartment Rachel, I saw some picture on fb, and it looked really nice. 

I’m going to look at an apartment tomorrow. I consider buying my own place, since I’m kind off grown up and have been working for some years and are getting tired off paying rent instead off owning. But I’m also scared half to death by the thought, so I just talked with my dad on the phone, to learn what to look for, how to behave and so on xD

On 6/10/2017 at 11:05 PM, Indifferent Ignorance said:
On 10/1/2018 at 7:35 PM, MajorSunshine said:

Hi guys! Hope you win the big prize Kerry! And congrats with your new apartment Rachel, I saw some picture on fb, and it looked really nice. 

I’m going to look at an apartment tomorrow. I consider buying my own place, since I’m kind off grown up and have been working for some years and are getting tired off paying rent instead off owning. But I’m also scared half to death by the thought, so I just talked with my dad on the phone, to learn what to look for, how to behave and so on xD

hey hey, good luck with the whole moving business! I'll come and visit you then :D (I'll be in Norway by the end of august this year btw, for my second nephew's confirmation thingy :P)