river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

Hey Sonia and Kerry! I saw your messages and wanted to say hi.  I am sorry for the radio silence on my end.  It's a long story, but I have been in a major life transition in recent months related to some new medical diagnoses and trying to balance that in addition to work and likely moving next month.  I miss you both! How have you been doing lately?  Any fun summer plans?

Hey! I hope everything's okay, if you need to offload you know where we are. You sound like you've been very busy on top of that. Are you moving due to work? 

I'm doing okay thanks, I'm getting a bit fed up with being constantly stressed about money (or lack of) and it's starting to really get me down. I feel like I need a fresh start sometimes. 

9 hours ago, dropthedaggerromeo. said:

Ditto, and I check it daily too in the hope that someone will come back!

Did you have a good time in Denmark?

I think we may be getting old haha! 

Well, I don't know how to answer that question in short... it's a lot off conflict going on in my family, since they chose to foster my youngest brother, but some parts off the trip was great, other times I just wanted to pack my car and drive straight home. Now I'm on the couch with a cold that I caught in the middle of the vacation, so that didnt make it any better. 

I'm definitely getting old... working with youths make realize that im not as young as I like to think :P 

7 hours ago, SulfurSiren said:

Hey Sonia and Kerry! I saw your messages and wanted to say hi.  I am sorry for the radio silence on my end.  It's a long story, but I have been in a major life transition in recent months related to some new medical diagnoses and trying to balance that in addition to work and likely moving next month.  I miss you both! How have you been doing lately?  Any fun summer plans?

Hi sulfur! Good to see you back, I've been missing you too! Sounds like you've had a lot going on. I've been busy lately, and now I'm trying to get rid off this cold before Sunday, cause I'm volunteering at this christian festival for the next week. It's gonna be lots off fun, but everything is better if I'm well :) 

6 hours ago, dropthedaggerromeo. said:

Hey! I hope everything's okay, if you need to offload you know where we are. You sound like you've been very busy on top of that. Are you moving due to work? 

I'm doing okay thanks, I'm getting a bit fed up with being constantly stressed about money (or lack of) and it's starting to really get me down. I feel like I need a fresh start sometimes. 

Money is frustrating... it's not that money makes you happy, but the lack off money definitely gets you unhappy... 

I check in a lot too - I try to post every time I visit but there's not always anything to reply to and talking to yourself on the Internet is almost as bad as talking to yourself in real life...

Hey Sulfur! Good luck with moving. My house is being redecorated at the moment and it feels like I'm in a permanent state of stasis, it gets you down after a while.

Kerry I am with you with the money thing. Like where does it go and why is there not more of it. I've been doing internships for work and I just did a festival selling my art stuff so I'm nice and busy but GOD WHY IS THERE NOT MORE MONEY IN THOSE THINGS.

I check in here every once in awhile! I can't say my life is super busy, but I'm trying to be more social IRL so I guess I'm trying to get more busy, haha. 

I definitely feel you all about money. I've been trying to get side jobs for some additional income, but it's very hard since I already work full time.

Morning! Well it's afternoon in the UK. I'm alrite, I came on here as part of my new 'I'm not going to waste time on the Internet and will instead take small breaks from work at strategic times' campaign. I've think I've been suffering from brownout (like burnout but way less drastic) and I'm trying to be more mindful in how I do things. So in a minute I'm gonna go back to getting shit done and all that. It's only been two days, but so far I do actually feel better.

How're you?

money is annoying. I want it and when I have it don't want to spend it. but have to because just living is expensive.

Hey Guys. Not sure if I posted about my degree and how my life's been going but...

I graduated with a 1st Class degree in Film. It certainly surprised me because I could never have imagined getting a First, just because they're quite hard to achieve. Honestly I thought I was going to come away with a 2:2 or at best, a 2:1, but I managed to get 3% over the first class threshold. At my film premiere, just before I had received the results, my lecturer told me that I had got a First and I didn't believe him, although I never thought he'd lie to me, he had no reason to, it was just hard to wrap my head around it. My other lecturer then approached me and the first thing he said to me was that my dissertation had taught him a lot of things, which was quite the compliment. Although I knew my dissertation was good, I already saw that I got 75% which is very high, the compliment made me feel even better, but getting a First overall was beyond what my aspirations and goals were, it also means I could do my Masters degree at some point too, so getting a First opens doors for me. I'm happy.

I recently had an interview as a media lecturer (literally a week after I found out my degree results) and although the interview went well and the feedback was mostly positive, I didn't get the job, but it was a learning experience. I realised how much I have grown. I've been harassing TV studios by sending them my CV every couple of days. One studio in Peterborough i think i've applied for separate jobs there about 10 times. They're probably sick of seeing my name, but hey, consistence is key, right?

I hope you're all well, thought I'd check in and let you guys know how I've been doing. I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I'll try to check in more often ^_^

• Upvote 1

Happy IMCRD Kerry. :wub:

Ashley! Congrats on your first, I know how hard you've worked. I've been harassing employers as well, the trick is to apply to as many posts as possible, plus send speculative enquiries, then follow up everything and keep at it until you hear a yes. It worked for me, anyway.

On 17/07/2017 at 5:57 AM, Indifferent Ignorance said:

You do photography, right? Have you thought about sites like Shuttershock or Society6? You can make some decent passive income on there, and you just have to upload images.

Hmm, I could definitely upload some of my work as stock photos. I'll definitely look into that today! My friend has also convinced me to start a blog about pet ownership.

Hi guys :) Just wanted to pop in and see how it's all going. I'm hanging around on the other side of the world these days, which is pretty cool B)

Hey! You're in Australia, right?

Rachel, I love the idea of a pet blog. It's hard to make money from blogs at first, but ad revenue can bring in some cash (WordPress is a great platform for blogging and ads, if you want any Blog Advice haha). I guess every little helps when it comes to making spare cash - I've sold a bunch of stuff since I got home from Asia and it's stopped me going insane while I wait on jobs and internships.

Hi, yeah I am :3 pretending to be a cat owner haha (or he pretends to own me, I'm not exactly sure how it works xD) 

Oh oh btw guess what! Last week I went to the store and I saw a girl with an MCR t-shirt... I was completely amazed. Hadn't seen that for YEARS! It made me smile :P 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Hey! You're in Australia, right?

Rachel, I love the idea of a pet blog. It's hard to make money from blogs at first, but ad revenue can bring in some cash (WordPress is a great platform for blogging and ads, if you want any Blog Advice haha). I guess every little helps when it comes to making spare cash - I've sold a bunch of stuff since I got home from Asia and it's stopped me going insane while I wait on jobs and internships.

I've been meaning to sell some of my old books as well. It's just a matter of getting up the motivation to bring them to the bookstore!

yeah, I've been thinking about doing a pet blog for a long time, mostly as a local resource for my city. I wasn't really thinking of it as a way to make money until she suggested it. But yeah, I could put ads and amazon links on it for a little bit of extra cash. Just... have to get up the motivation of course!

Side note, have any of you ladies ever had to ask a guy out before? I've been kind of talking to this one guy, but really nothing serious. I know from other people that he is a bit awkward around girls, so I'm wondering if I should just jump the gun and ask him out myself. But this will be my first time doing it without the confidence that he will say yes! The other times I've asked guys out there has been definite flirting beforehand. With him I'm not so sure if he likes me or if he is just being friendly.