river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

15 hours ago, Careless Angel said:

Well hello there.
This seems to be the active thread of this forum so I'll introduce myself here. I'm James, and I just discovered a huge appreciation for MCR a few months ago, which is something that I never thought I'd say. I remember seeing them on MTV years ago and I always wrote them off as dumb, but I was on a nostalgia trip several months ago listening to popular rock songs from the 2000s when I came across Welcome to the Black Parade. At first I was listening ironically, but by the time it was over I realized how powerful and unique that song was. I gave the whole album a listen and was blown away. Once I listened to their music with an open mind, I realized that I actually really liked it, a lot. The storytelling, the thematic imagery, the emotion, its great!

I figured you guys might be interested to hear my little story. I used to frequent forums years ago when I was really young, and I kinda miss this medium. As great as reddit is for aggregating content, its missing the sense of community that forums always had. I feel kind of odd barging in here since I'm sure you guys are a pretty tight-knit group, but I just wanted to say hi and chat a bit about my newfound love of MCR's music.

Hi! Welcome to the boards. :) I'm Francesca.

Rachel, I think I've gone up to about five rejections as well. Which means it's about time for a 'maybe' amirite.

It's great to see some new faces! I need to give MCR a proper listen again sometime... maybe I'll have that experience like you!

Y'all... I had an interview yesterday for basically my dream organization, for a position I know I'll be good at and am qualified for. I wasn't sure how to feel after the interview yesterday, but one of my references just texted me and she said when she was talking to them they said they were excited to get me on board! Maybe this is the one! I'm trying to not get my hopes too up to high still.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, river said:

It's great to see some new faces! I need to give MCR a proper listen again sometime... maybe I'll have that experience like you!

Y'all... I had an interview yesterday for basically my dream organization, for a position I know I'll be good at and am qualified for. I wasn't sure how to feel after the interview yesterday, but one of my references just texted me and she said when she was talking to them they said they were excited to get me on board! Maybe this is the one! I'm trying to not get my hopes too up to high still.

I just went through the job search for my first real job and it was pretty rough. I know how you must feel, its very frustrating, and very stressful. Job searching made me feel like such a loser haha. Somehow I managed to get a pretty great job as a video editor, so I'm pretty stoked about that. I guess you have to just keep hunting until you find the right one.

On 20.4.2017 at 11:05 PM, Indifferent Ignorance said:

I can live with F, I sign off text with it a lot if I'm feeling lazy. I'd probably answer to Francisco, when I hear anything that sounds like my name I answer haha!

Then you'll probably be F from now on! 

On 24.4.2017 at 2:17 AM, river said:

Some of my friends tend to do that sometimes. It's definitely irritating when friends are flaky. I don't really say anything, since I know that I can be flaky as well. Though I have kind of phased some friends out of my life because they have continued to let me down. I guess you have to ask yourself if it their friendship is worth the trouble. If not, I usually just stop making plans with them (since I know they will end up canceling anyways.)

The frustrating part is she hasn't been like this at all before her new boyfriend. She was all about making our hang outs a priority and getting frustrated when other of us couldn't make it. And now she's just ditching us all. Hopefully it's just a phase, else our friendship will probably die, since we have to plan meet ups, since all of us live in diffeeent cities now. 

On 25.4.2017 at 3:12 AM, Careless Angel said:

Well hello there.
This seems to be the active thread of this forum so I'll introduce myself here. I'm James, and I just discovered a huge appreciation for MCR a few months ago, which is something that I never thought I'd say. I remember seeing them on MTV years ago and I always wrote them off as dumb, but I was on a nostalgia trip several months ago listening to popular rock songs from the 2000s when I came across Welcome to the Black Parade. At first I was listening ironically, but by the time it was over I realized how powerful and unique that song was. I gave the whole album a listen and was blown away. Once I listened to their music with an open mind, I realized that I actually really liked it, a lot. The storytelling, the thematic imagery, the emotion, its great!

I figured you guys might be interested to hear my little story. I used to frequent forums years ago when I was really young, and I kinda miss this medium. As great as reddit is for aggregating content, its missing the sense of community that forums always had. I feel kind of odd barging in here since I'm sure you guys are a pretty tight-knit group, but I just wanted to say hi and chat a bit about my newfound love of MCR's music.

Welcome James! I'm Sonia. new people are always welcome, it gives us hope that this place won't die :)

14 hours ago, river said:

Crossing my fingers for you! Keep us updated, I really hope you get this job!!

I'm excited! The main drawback is that it doesn't offer health insurance. Bleh. But I'm so excited to work for this organization regardless!

Possibly, but I missed open enrollment, so I would have to wait until November. I'm still young enough where I can be on my mom's insurance for a year, so I think we are going to do that and then I will get my own again next year. Which is probably safer since who knows what's going to happen with ACA insurance this year.

*sigh* American insurance is so complicated!

Hey guys, my name is Thuhufa. But you can call me T.

So this is like my first time being a member on a fan website. And I'm so glad it's this one! I really love seeing genuinely nice people being supportive of each other. 

Really, I just joined on a whim. But I'm hoping to meet more nice mcr fans. This fandom feels like one really big, diverse family. And i'd like to get to know as many people as I can! 

16 hours ago, my G rated romance said:

So this is like my first time being a member on a fan website. And I'm so glad it's this one! I really love seeing genuinely nice people being supportive of each other. 

Really, I just joined on a whim. But I'm hoping to meet more nice mcr fans. This fandom feels like one really big, diverse family. And i'd like to get to know as many people as I can! 

60s-spider-man.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 06/05/2017 at 8:27 AM, my G rated romance said:

Hi! Welcome to the boards. :) I'm Francesca. 

• Upvote 1

Did anyone see that movie life? The alien reminded me of a combination of Patrick, Squidward and Deadpool. But comics Deadpool.

Wow what happened here xD the boards are seriously looking weird compared to when I last checked in xD anyway, I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone's doing ^^ 

hello! hey all the newbies!

not good with words today. kind of in a fog. but the sun is shining again finally! got out for a little bit. It's gorgeous out! Just wish I could speak as well as the Earth shines its beauty. :P

Peace all!

Howdy y'all. I know I've been neglecting my fiends for months but I had a really cool experience at the second of the two Frank shows I just went to and it made me miss you guys. (Hint: all the guys were there. I mean...hdfjklgadksgdfl. All four of them. And Jimmy and Chantal, and I saw Bert and Jepha from The Used, pretty sure the whole band was there based on what I saw from twitter. Anyway, the whole thing was such a fucking blast from the past.)

• Upvote 1