river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

I love me some Wham! nonicroncal like. Fuck you, Deadpool fans.

I work for a hotel in PA called Hotel Hershey.  http://www.thehotelhershey.com/

I think it's overpriced and Disney is better, but I have a love hate relationship with Disney and we need couple counseling, but stilll. Disney is a better brand--the slut. Ugh. I'm un-doing all of our work

!giphy.gif

Urrrgghhhh I've had such a bad week and just need to rant!

On Wednesday my company announced that they were going to sell the business, which basically has three outcomes: Someone buys us and don't need the staff so we get made redundant, someone buys us but do need the staff and we keep our jobs, or most likely we go into administration and lose our jobs without any redundancy pay. I'm panicking because I have no idea how I'm supposed to pay my mortgage if I don't have a job as I don't have much in savings, and then to top it off me and Sam just drove a few miles to go for an evening walk and his car just stopped when we were going 60mph - he couldn't accelerate, indicate, put his hazard lights on etc. and now his engine won't start. So what little savings we have will likely go into fixing the car or buying a new one. 

I want it to be Saturday already!

Guess who just had like a four hour dance party the with OG Black Ranger from the mighty morhpin power rangers and almost got Deathstroke to join???

I love working comic con

!tumblr_mlv2zaEnHf1qehoyoo1_500.gif

On 07/04/2017 at 7:39 PM, dropthedaggerromeo. said:

Urrrgghhhh I've had such a bad week and just need to rant!

On Wednesday my company announced that they were going to sell the business, which basically has three outcomes: Someone buys us and don't need the staff so we get made redundant, someone buys us but do need the staff and we keep our jobs, or most likely we go into administration and lose our jobs without any redundancy pay. I'm panicking because I have no idea how I'm supposed to pay my mortgage if I don't have a job as I don't have much in savings, and then to top it off me and Sam just drove a few miles to go for an evening walk and his car just stopped when we were going 60mph - he couldn't accelerate, indicate, put his hazard lights on etc. and now his engine won't start. So what little savings we have will likely go into fixing the car or buying a new one. 

I want it to be Saturday already!

Okay breathe. Also I think it has been Saturday already. Are you feeling calmer? If it helps to make a list prioritising shit to get done, make a list. I can't help with your company, but they will have to give you all redundancy pay and references if someone buys the business. In case it folds, start looking for jobs now to stay a step ahead.

I'm feeling a little better, the garage finally fixed Sam's car today and it wasn't as major as we thought so that's one thing off the list. He did put his phone in the washing machine though so currently doesn't have a phone ?

I have six days off now to recooperate. 

I just got a job to help this booking agent promote people like Mike Zeck at comic con's! because I promoted Mike Zeck at comic con!

On 11/04/2017 at 10:12 PM, dropthedaggerromeo. said:

I'm feeling a little better, the garage finally fixed Sam's car today and it wasn't as major as we thought so that's one thing off the list. He did put his phone in the washing machine though so currently doesn't have a phone ?

I have six days off now to recooperate. 

My brother's always doing shit like that (tbh I'm surprised I don't) and a taxi ran over my mum's phone once. But yeah deep breaths, take everything one thing at a time and try not to panic.

On 12/04/2017 at 0:54 AM, monroe said:

I just got a job to help this booking agent promote people like Mike Zeck at comic con's! because I promoted Mike Zeck at comic con!

Congrats! I have so far sent out 20 applications and so far I've had one no. Which means I could totally get 19 yeses.

• Upvote 1

hey laine and sulfur! long time no see.

i graduate in about two weeks but still have no job prospects... of course, the whole job application process is so depressing that i haven't been trying that hard, either. ugh why can't jobs just fall out of the sky for you??

also been sort of hanging out/dating someone but i think i'm going to break up with him so... life sucks rn.

Sorry to hear Rachel! Hope things will get better soon :) 

i have always wanted to have a group of friends, you know like in books and movies... but it's seriously frustrating now that I have one, because there's always someone in the group who are mad at or hurt by one of the others. And I wonder if I'm the go to girl when that happens xD so instead of having a happy group of friends, I'm always trying to make my friends friends again... seriously, why can't people just grow up and be nice to each other??

• Upvote 1

Hey guys!

Sonia, if your friends are being awful to each other, let them sort it out. My friends used to be like that and the drama's just not worth it. My mum was talking about drama with her friends earlier and I was exhausted just listening...-_-

Rachel I'm looking for jobs too my number of rejections has gone up to three! Which means... I'm already fed up.

Hi Laine! How is life treating you lately?

that is probably a good advice Francesca, but I don't know if I can manage to follow it xD right now this one girl in the group is just making us all mad by always choosing her new friends and boyfriend (which she told us is a player, and I'm not even sure she trust him...) before us. And she's ditching a birthday because of an exam she suddenly discovered, but I know for sure that she know about her exam dates in January. And stuff like that keeps happening. so I'm not quite sure if I can ignore it, but I'll try. 

1 minute ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

If the question mark is asking what my name is, it's Francesca never Fran ever

Hiiiiii

Would it bother you to go by F? Realizing that might be an insult in English right now xD I'm just struggling with teaching my phone Francesca, it tries to type Francisco every time xD you obviously don't have a typical norwegian name :P

Yes. I was too lazy to spell it out and didn;t want to spell it out wrong. My way of asking without asking how to spell it.

and not so great. work is directionless. life is aimless.

On 4/20/2017 at 11:14 AM, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Rachel I'm looking for jobs too my number of rejections has gone up to three! Which means... I'm already fed up.

man I don't even know how many rejections I have at this point. If we count the ones that I've actually interviewed for, it's about 5? Although one I knew was just a formality since they were trying to promote someone (I applied anyways since why not) and one I was planning on rejecting if they offered the position to me, I guess we both realized it wasn't what I was looking for.

I do have two interviews this week. I'm very excited for the one I'm going to tomorrow.

On 4/20/2017 at 3:19 PM, MajorSunshine said:

Hi Laine! How is life treating you lately?

that is probably a good advice Francesca, but I don't know if I can manage to follow it xD right now this one girl in the group is just making us all mad by always choosing her new friends and boyfriend (which she told us is a player, and I'm not even sure she trust him...) before us. And she's ditching a birthday because of an exam she suddenly discovered, but I know for sure that she know about her exam dates in January. And stuff like that keeps happening. so I'm not quite sure if I can ignore it, but I'll try. 

Some of my friends tend to do that sometimes. It's definitely irritating when friends are flaky. I don't really say anything, since I know that I can be flaky as well. Though I have kind of phased some friends out of my life because they have continued to let me down. I guess you have to ask yourself if it their friendship is worth the trouble. If not, I usually just stop making plans with them (since I know they will end up canceling anyways.)

Well hello there.
This seems to be the active thread of this forum so I'll introduce myself here. I'm James, and I just discovered a huge appreciation for MCR a few months ago, which is something that I never thought I'd say. I remember seeing them on MTV years ago and I always wrote them off as dumb, but I was on a nostalgia trip several months ago listening to popular rock songs from the 2000s when I came across Welcome to the Black Parade. At first I was listening ironically, but by the time it was over I realized how powerful and unique that song was. I gave the whole album a listen and was blown away. Once I listened to their music with an open mind, I realized that I actually really liked it, a lot. The storytelling, the thematic imagery, the emotion, its great!

I figured you guys might be interested to hear my little story. I used to frequent forums years ago when I was really young, and I kinda miss this medium. As great as reddit is for aggregating content, its missing the sense of community that forums always had. I feel kind of odd barging in here since I'm sure you guys are a pretty tight-knit group, but I just wanted to say hi and chat a bit about my newfound love of MCR's music.