river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

23 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Hey Sulfur! Request sent, the world is fucking awful at the moment.

Glad you sent the request and we were able to get you added.  How have you been doing lately?

On 1/31/2017 at 3:21 AM, SulfurSiren said:

Glad you sent the request and we were able to get you added.  How have you been doing lately?

I saw, thanks! I'm pretty well, I'm backpacking Vietnam at the moment (we head into Laos at the end of February and then back to Thailand for a couple of weeks). I've been trying to work out how 70-cent street food is better than $6 restaurant food, learning how to pack a backpack in less than five minutes and wearing an MCR shirt for about half of the trip so far... I'm also only ever 5 minutes away from a Trump-induced meltdown, though... 'art is the weapon' has been on my mind a lot. How are you?

awesome Sandrah!! I was literally flying over Denmark and well, specifically the Norwegian Sea, only days ago!! Like, I literally checked the flight plan JUST at that moment. Was pretty awesome! (considering we took a slightly more southern route on the way out there)

So folks, I was really wary about this trip, but I made it back safe and sound and we had a really awesome time in India visiting friends. Observed a real authentic Indian wedding, got henna tattooed, and also caught the seasonal flu. bleh! but I'm feeling better, but now I have to take care of sick hubby. Awe! 

On 12.2.2017 at 0:36 PM, MCR=love said:

I'm most likely going to see Sonia Marie real soon :D 

On 13.2.2017 at 0:42 PM, MCR=love said:

Yeah I'm glad too :3 it's nice that I have family living close to Sonia hahaha :P

I'm looking forward to see you in a few days! :D 

Have fun Sonia and Sandra! It's awesome that you guys get to see each other! Missy, I'm jealous of your trip to India, I bet it was amazing!

This week has been a bit terrible, and I had a really bad customer experience today that shook me up. I'm hoping to leave this job soon since I really need to get out of customer service. It's nice hearing about all of y'all's adventures though!

So these customers adopted a dog from us during the summer. The seemed a bit off, but the wife had visited us with the dog several times and they seemed to be doing okay. They came back on Saturday and wanted to adopt again. We kind of had reservations since the dog they had adopted before didn't do well with other dogs. But the wife said she had worked with the dog and it was okay. So they adopted a puppy and paid with a credit card, which I can process through an app on my phone. All of this is done offsite so we don't have any computers or anything. A couple of hours later the wife came back and said she needed to return the puppy since her dog wasn't getting along with it. We said we couldn't do the return here since they paid with a card, but they could go to the shelter and they would process the refund. My coworker talked to the husband on the phone and he got really upset, said he couldn't do that since he was at work, and was insistent that we could do it there (we can't...) Then the wife walked away and had left the puppy tied up to our trailer, so we had to chase her down to give her back the puppy and said she could get a citation if she abandons it. Which is true because we have all of their information in our system and the puppy has a microchip that will trace back to them. Like two minutes later the husband comes back and drops the puppy on our table and begins to walk away. My coworker says he can do that but he won't get a refund (and will get cited for abandoning the animal). So he turns back around and starts yelling at me, saying I lied to him about the refund, and then starts calling me a bitch and called our volunteer a fatass when both of us tried to explain that he CAN get a refund if he just visits the shelter, since obviously he's not at work. Then he picked the puppy up and walked off again. I've had customers get upset at me before, but nothing like that, and it was pretty distressing. Especially because he still has the puppy and who knows what they're going to do with it. The wife is also pregnant so that kind of sucks to see :-/

I'm so sorry to hear that Rachel! It sounds horrible :( I really hope you get a new job soon!

i got to hang out with sandreh and her boyfriend today :D that was awesome!

oh, and I hate the mobile version of the boards, that's why I never comment here anymore xD

I've kind of taken a break from the job search since I've been really busy with school, but once this term is over I will start up again. My dad's gf might be able to help me get a job with her company, which is different from what I was looking for, but has a pretty good salary.

That's so fun! I'm glad you were able to get together! I feel the same way about the mobile boards, but since I finally fixed my laptop I might be able to comment more often.

yeah it was a good day :3 although I (unintentionally, bc I didn't realize how far it was) dragged Sonia and my boyfriend out on a 10 km walk on slippery hills xD 

4 hours ago, MCR=love said:

yeah it was a good day :3 although I (unintentionally, bc I didn't realize how far it was) dragged Sonia and my boyfriend out on a 10 km walk on slippery hills xD 

Haha, I had a good time! I'm not so sure about your boyfriend though, poor guy... but you know, Norwegians are used to slippery, and that wasn't really hills ;) I found it to be a rather flat walk, to be honest xD

Rachel there are some people in the universe who a) do not deserve pets and b ) do not deserve anything else. Who gets a puppy when they're about to have a baby? That's probably why they wanted a refund so quickly, they got home and realised two dogs that might not get on plus one infant was not a good idea. It sounds like he took out his anxieties on you. Take a deep breath, remember that he is a shitbag and move on.

Yeah I'm just looking forward to next week, when my last term starts. Then in two months I will be done with school forever!! And I'll only have to worry about finding a job that pays enough for me to start paying back my dad for tuition hahaha. But this term will be a lot less stressful since I will be back to doing only one class.

Hey guys! It's been a while. I've been busy with uni things. I technically graduate next month and my personal life has been keeping me busy too. Several good changes have happened to me over the past couple of months. Life is being very kind to me at the moment. :)

i hope you're all well!

I'm doing good! Yeah three years has gone by so quickly. It's quite terrifying isn't it? Dissertation writing is the bane of my life though. Strange how most people doubted I'd go to university and I'm a month to graduating. It's nice to prove people wrong. 

Trying to become more social though, I'm not doing great at the whole friends thing 

How are you?

I'm in Laos as I type this; tonight we're getting the train back into Thailand to head down to Phuket (I've been in SE Asia since January, heading home in April). So I'm really hot, miss my bed and seriously need a haircut, but otherwise I'm really well. :) If you're trying to be social, go backpacking. I have added more people on Facebook in the last two months than I have in two years... 

Good luck with your dissertation! My friends are doing theirs right now, sounds like hell. What's yours on?

Ash, I'm so glad things are going well for you. It's awesome that you're graduating soon! Good luck with your dissertation!

Francesca, I'm so jealous of your whole trip lol. Meeting all of those new people must be so fun! Maybe one day I'll be able to backpack like you :)

Meeting new people is TERRIFYING but the good thing about backpacking is that you do things that scare you on a daily basis, so I'm probably 100x more confident than I was when I started. I really recommend backpacking as an experience, it's very liberating to keep all your stuff in one bag and travel across a long distance. I'm happier than I was at home too, although that might just be me (I'm also really looking forward to going home, which I did not think would happen).

Hey Missy!