river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

Awesome Sonia! Funny I was just  thinking of you. How you are the first Norwegian I met online, but now I have met a second (ok, well a third, but a second cool gal...well all have been cool tbh. Anyway!!!)

So speaking of the holiday spirit, well this was going to kindof be sarcastic, but that put me in good spirits, so let's continue the positivity. We GET to celebrate Christmas today!! Haha ok, sorry, I can't even...but it is always nice to see the family, even if they threw it together last minute. I ...yeah, better not say more, because I don't want to hurt anyone, just it's kindof crazy. Oh well! Such is life! :P

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

On 11/23/2016 at 0:09 PM, Indifferent Ignorance said:

I'll PM you, Sulfur. :)

I can't believe it was six years ago... a bunch of us walked to town from school to get it (and I got a terrible phone case at the same time haha), I used being ill as an excuse/reason to play it full-length a couple of times. I was a full on grumpy teen hahaaaa

Oops I just saw this.  I am sending you all holiday greetings in spirit.  Sorry I missed it.  This has been an insane month

How has everyone been doing lately?

20 hours ago, MajorSunshine said:

Guys, I had the coolest experience yesterday!!

The choir my siblings are singing in were having a Christmas concert with 3 norwegian artists, where one of them is one of my childhood idols. And since my siblings are in the choir, and my parents are involved with stuff in the choir, I often help my father before, during and after their concerts. So I was there during the sound check. And suddenly my childhood idol came over too me and asked about my sweater. I have knitted that sweater myself, and she wanted to know the name of the pattern and the name of the yarn, cause she wanted one for herself. So I wrote down the details for her, but later that night I gave her my email and told her that if she wanted, I could make her that sweater. So now I'm hoping she will email me, cause it would be the coolest thing ever to make her a sweater! Like, I listened to her songs over and over and over when I was kid/teenager, and she came over and talked to me!!! *fangirlmoment*

That is so awesome! I hope she does email you. What a cool experience to not only meet your childhood idol but have her ask about something you made!!

So update on the job, I guess the first interview went better than I thought, since they emailed me back wanting to bring me back for a second... if I completed a project. It's been an incredibly busy week at my current job, since we were running a promotion all week, so I didn't get to it until last night (it was due today, I pulled an all-nighter and just sent it in :o). I think I did okay, but I have never done a project like that before, so we'll see! The prompt was vague so I went with my best guess on what they wanted. I know I might not be as experienced as they might want for this position, but I think it is something I could learn and excel in, so hopefully they see that. But one of the big factors for me is that it is in my hometown, I miss living there so much!

BTW I sent my holiday cards last week, hopefully they get there okay! Sulfur, I can still send you one if you'd like! Just PM me your address.

Yes, it was so cool! Haven't heard from her yet, but I'm still hoping. 

Congrats with your second interview! I'll cross my fingers for you, it would be great if you could move back home :) not having that much experience might be a good thing you know, cause you might be able to think outside the box :)

11 hours ago, river said:

BTW I sent my holiday cards last week, hopefully they get there okay! Sulfur, I can still send you one if you'd like! Just PM me your address.

That's awesome.  I'll send you a message :)

On 19/12/2016 at 4:04 AM, SulfurSiren said:

Oops I just saw this.  I am sending you all holiday greetings in spirit.  Sorry I missed it.  This has been an insane month

The PM thing wouldn't work, I dunno why. But happyyy whatever-you-do-or-don't-celebrate!

On 18/12/2016 at 4:45 PM, MajorSunshine said:

Guys, I had the coolest experience yesterday!!

The choir my siblings are singing in were having a Christmas concert with 3 norwegian artists, where one of them is one of my childhood idols. And since my siblings are in the choir, and my parents are involved with stuff in the choir, I often help my father before, during and after their concerts. So I was there during the sound check. And suddenly my childhood idol came over too me and asked about my sweater. I have knitted that sweater myself, and she wanted to know the name of the pattern and the name of the yarn, cause she wanted one for herself. So I wrote down the details for her, but later that night I gave her my email and told her that if she wanted, I could make her that sweater. So now I'm hoping she will email me, cause it would be the coolest thing ever to make her a sweater! Like, I listened to her songs over and over and over when I was kid/teenager, and she came over and talked to me!!! *fangirlmoment*

That's such a lovely thing, I hope you get to make her the sweater. :)

On 19/12/2016 at 1:26 PM, river said:

So update on the job, I guess the first interview went better than I thought, since they emailed me back wanting to bring me back for a second... if I completed a project. It's been an incredibly busy week at my current job, since we were running a promotion all week, so I didn't get to it until last night (it was due today, I pulled an all-nighter and just sent it in :o). I think I did okay, but I have never done a project like that before, so we'll see! The prompt was vague so I went with my best guess on what they wanted. I know I might not be as experienced as they might want for this position, but I think it is something I could learn and excel in, so hopefully they see that. But one of the big factors for me is that it is in my hometown, I miss living there so much!

I love those 'we're going to get you to do xyz... but we won't tell you want x, y or z mean' projects. And by love I mean loathe. But you could do really well by being less experienced, as you'll have fresh ideas. Good luck!

It's been 3 days and I haven't heard any feedback or word about the position... just going to go ahead and guess that it's not in the cards for me. Oh well! I'm going to start looking in earnest closer to the time when my lease will be up.

I shouldn't speak. I'm having a rather rough time lately. It's quiet today, but I'm awaiting news. ugh! so, sorry. no uplifting words. Or maybe, "just hang in there. be patient. have a little faith that whatever happens it's for the best. AND try to be happy about it, even if it doesn't seem to be what you want at first."

ugh! ;)

On 21/12/2016 at 10:50 PM, river said:

It's been 3 days and I haven't heard any feedback or word about the position... just going to go ahead and guess that it's not in the cards for me. Oh well! I'm going to start looking in earnest closer to the time when my lease will be up.

Can you call them to enquire? It's polite and accepted to ask if you didn't get it - and that way you know for sure.

On 23/12/2016 at 1:15 AM, vacant alleyWAYS said:

I shouldn't speak. I'm having a rather rough time lately. It's quiet today, but I'm awaiting news. ugh! so, sorry. no uplifting words. Or maybe, "just hang in there. be patient. have a little faith that whatever happens it's for the best. AND try to be happy about it, even if it doesn't seem to be what you want at first."

ugh! ;)

Hope you feel better soon!

7 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

I just opened some Secret Santa cards! They're so cute, Sonia the moose (?) is a joy I love him. And Rachel the pictures of your pets has actually warmed my grumpy heart.:wub:

I'm so glad you like the moose! I wanted to find something typical Norwegian :) 

getting cards from you guys is so much fun, we should do this again! 

• Upvote 1

I'm glad you got it Francesca! I was iffy about the international postage since I used the automated thing at the post office. Glad to know I did it right :lol:

if I don't hear back I will probably enquirer after all the festivities, they said they were hoping to have an offer in for someone by New Years.

And here's a picture of me on christmas eve with a big ass bottle of wine :lol: my sister-in-law wanted to take my picture with it because I'm a little person and it's just kinda funny :P

15672994_10153955978976386_8044218926432272498_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 24/12/2016 at 5:03 PM, MajorSunshine said:

I'm so glad you like the moose! I wanted to find something typical Norwegian :) 

getting cards from you guys is so much fun, we should do this again! 

He's so cute. :) We definitely should - it's a nice, budget-friendly alternative to Secret Santa!

On 25/12/2016 at 1:01 AM, river said:

I'm glad you got it Francesca! I was iffy about the international postage since I used the automated thing at the post office. Glad to know I did it right :lol:

if I don't hear back I will probably enquirer after all the festivities, they said they were hoping to have an offer in for someone by New Years.

Haha I hate those automated things... they're supposed to save time but I'd rather just queue and see a human.

20 hours ago, MCR=love said:

And here's a picture of me on christmas eve with a big ass bottle of wine :lol: my sister-in-law wanted to take my picture with it because I'm a little person and it's just kinda funny :P

15672994_10153955978976386_8044218926432272498_n.jpg

Haha I have a couple of photos like that (mostly with chocolate though)!

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

I got Sonia's card! I also love the "moose" haha. 

I usually use the automated postal thing since the line for the human is always so long. And then when you finally get there the person is usually grumpy. I'd rather just send my mail and get out as quick as possible!

On 12/24/2016 at 3:27 AM, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Hope you feel better soon!

Yeah. Me too! ha! It got better and then now I'm on edge again. What gives!? I think this time it's just in my head or my own stupid anxiety...or my lack of control over what others do or think about me. Ah! Can I just say I absolutely hate "send" buttons right now, or rather, I hate mobiles with touchy touch screens that send shit when you aren't ready if you ever were!??

Speaking of mobiles (well that was my Tablet, but) our new phones just came in the mail today. haha nah, but it's exciting. I hope! :)

AND, I really want to shake this bitterness! So, I'm glad you all seemed to have happy holidays. Um, what's making me happy at this present moment?? (a bit superficial but) it's listening to Ray Toro's Remember the Laughter. I'd have posted it in the listening section, but it's been rather quiet so...here! :P 

happy birthday, Brinn, and happy new year to everyone!!

does anyone have any fun new year plans? It's looking like a quiet evening with my pets for me :)

Happy New Year's everyone!

Quiet evening here as well, well...until the neighbors will inevitably light some fireworks. :P I try to catch the ball drop on tv every year, but not much else. Maybe a fun movie or something, if i can convince hubby. ^^

Have fun all! Be safe! :)

It was a quiet night in my apartment, but outside my apartment, the bars nearby were celebrating until about 3am!! Thankfully inside the city limits, there's a fireworks ban, but my parents' neighbors were setting off fireworks most of the night too. 

Any fun resolutions for you guys this year? I just want to be more disciplined with my health and career. I really need a new job.

there's a fireworks ban? that's probably good for the sake of the animals and such :) there's no such thing in denmark xD I think it's both good and bad. Good for me bc I like to watch the fireworks, but bad for the animals bc it scares the crap out of them. 

I think my new years resolution is that I want to be able to squat my current deadlift record (50 kg) and be able to deadlift 60 kg :)

• Upvote 1