river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

God I always say I'm above Black Friday/Cyber Monday and then I go and do a massive promotion in my own shop and then buy everything I can get my hands on without making my bank account explode

Someone stop me I might be going from 'treat yourself' to 'fucking stupid' and I'm too tired to tell

i was thinking about doing some stuff for cyber monday but decided not to. mostly because the stores i wanted to buy from, i told my parents i wanted gift certificates from for christmas :lol: i need new clothes so bad.

I got Ray's CD, which I was planning to get anyway and then he did a promo so I actually went and got it and some art I've had my eye on for ages. I took hashtag treat yourself very literally! 

Guys I have my driving test tomorrow wish me luckkkkkk

Regarding my post in the hug thread, I went and bought some kind of silly things to help me feel better. Like honey it's lavender (lavender makes me feel so much better) and a projector that displays stars on your ceiling. I think you're right that tiny steps will hopefully make big changes. 

And regarding honey, you all should look into supporting beekeepers because colony collapse is kind of terrifying me... 

I have one of those stars things, I always forget to use it but it's so mesmerising. Oh my god the bee thing is so scary apparently if the bees go we're doomed as a planet? Also bees are so cute.

Guys I passed my driving test! Only 11 minors I'm so pleased. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Hi guys! How are you?

ive just been lurking lately, since the mobile version is horrible, and my iPad is getting old and slow xD

i removed a teeth on Friday. One of those in the back that you don't actually need, but it's often a pain having the, there. Well, it's a pain removing the, too, apparently xD

and congrats Francesca!! :D

Thank you! The novelty hasn't worn off yet. B)

Is it your wisdom teeth that are being removed? I might have to have mine out as well, but at the moment they're still growing so when they hurt I feel like a child again... too bad the tooth fairy won't visit this time.<_<

haha I know I'm very much looking forward to zipping around and ignoring absolutely everyone (seriously if I ever don't pick up my calls or texts I'm going to just tell people I was driving) The only thing is that my car is so different from the one I learnt to drive in that at the moment I feel like I'm manoeuvring a tank... a tank with a tiny lil back seat. :wub:

3 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Thank you! The novelty hasn't worn off yet. B)

Is it your wisdom teeth that are being removed? I might have to have mine out as well, but at the moment they're still growing so when they hurt I feel like a child again... too bad the tooth fairy won't visit this time.<_<

Yep, wisdom teeth. I thought they were called something else in English, I don't think straight in the middle off the night xD

I have no idea why they're called that... people get them removed, it's like they're saying that the dentist pulls out your cleverness or something. Or maybe because by the time they're out, you're supposed to be smart enough to cope without the tooth fairy...

Haha I they call them that because they come in when you're older, and supposedly wiser?? I got all of mine out a few years ago before they started to hurt.

On 12/1/2016 at 2:50 PM, Indifferent Ignorance said:

I got Ray's CD, which I was planning to get anyway and then he did a promo so I actually went and got it and some art I've had my eye on for ages. I took hashtag treat yourself very literally! 

Guys I have my driving test tomorrow wish me luckkkkkk

I got Ray's CD too (well awhile back) What do you think of it?? and also congrats on passing. Oh! and I messaged you. It's urgent so I'm mentioning it here.

I figured out multiquote, but i'm like dropping here and I still have to do more before I can sleep. so...just quickly um, congrats Sonia?? ha. not sure how to respond. teeth stuff makes me nervous. I actually can't remove my wisdom teeth because i'm too old and they are like right next to the nerve and so it'd be really risky to do. Crazy eh? I had never heard of this! I mean, I never wanted to have it done,...but I still worry about it in the future. ah well, if i go numb in old age...no, idk. I really ...yeah, i just get nervous with teeth stuff. :(

ugh! ok, I'll think of something else for next time. goodnight (goodmorning) :)

So I'm planning on mailing my Christmas cards next week, but I just want to make sure I have everybody. Francesca, Sonia, and Brinn? Anyone else?

I was in Waitrose for the post office the other day (maybe the 4th Dec) and there was a tower seriously it was about 2m of cut price calendars. I stopped next to about 10 old-ish people with trollies to inspect and we were all thinking 'a Lindt calendar for a fiver that's a weighty box of chocolates right there' I restrained myself and got the smallest because I don't trust my self control but there was enough to have an entire calendar each day of advent for about eight years. Next year I'm taking a trolly and getting some elasticated jeans.

Get an advent calendar, Kerry! 

I have friends that have gotten various advent calendars and have been posting about them on social media but somehow I feel like getting one for myself in my one person apartment is kind of lonely :-/

I have a really exciting interview on Tuesday! Wish me luck, though I'm trying not to get my hopes up again haha

I feel like there's a gap in the market for a shop/site selling advent calendars in December to people who didn't get one earlier. Advent calendars are a fundamental human right. They genuinely make me happy I dunno perhaps I need more stuff in my life but I think actually that small daily doses of chocolate and other small items in a calendar are wonderful additions to a horrible world.

Good luck Rachel! What's the job?

I guess I associate advent calendars with a fun thing for families and children, since that's what they were for me growing up. But I see what you mean.

The job is a marketing position at a natural pet food store chain in Houston. It's basically exactly what I'm looking for, the bonus being that the headquarters are in my hometown. I've been wanting to move back so I'm excited for this opportunity (not too excited... still trying to be realistic.)

• Upvote 1

Hmm, this site keeps changing everytime I log in! Hehe

Hey that sounds cool, Rachel! Hope it wworks out for ya!

I really need to get oorganized for the holiday season. Oh was supposed to do gifts shopping...oh, maybe tomorrow I think...when hubby gets home. Let's see, andi have to start cleaning up the house. Our folks will be hosting, but we might have my brother and his fiance over...maybe others. It depends. 

Oh gah! So these blending markers I ordered just came in. Idk what anybody here knows about blending markers, well I didn't know anything until one of my other fellow forum members started talking about them (he's an artist by profession). Thing is, so I wanted to use these tools he's been mentioning for some of my artsy projects, but couldn't find anything here or i wasn't sure or i needed to compare prices. Long story short, I ended up getting the EXACT same ones he said he uses, from Amazon, but i didn't bother to look at the seller. It shipped from UK. Um, now it'd be fine but i think this might be a UK specialty if you will. YouTube tutorials I've seen were all by Brits and as I said, I'd never heard of them before. Well, so now I'm kindof worried that if I mention it, that it will seem kindof creepy. But I'm really excited to try them out. And I wanted to get "the best of the best" from his recommendation...ahh, so idk. Weird. Has anyone heard of these?? Or brush pens for that matter?? (that is what I'd really like to have, for the calligraphy I like doing. Regular paint brushes and ink is fun, but it's a little time consuming.)

Ok, enough talkytalky. Figured it has been awhile though, and I would like to keep in touch. Hope everyone's holiday season is going good so far!

Guys, I had the coolest experience yesterday!!

The choir my siblings are singing in were having a Christmas concert with 3 norwegian artists, where one of them is one of my childhood idols. And since my siblings are in the choir, and my parents are involved with stuff in the choir, I often help my father before, during and after their concerts. So I was there during the sound check. And suddenly my childhood idol came over too me and asked about my sweater. I have knitted that sweater myself, and she wanted to know the name of the pattern and the name of the yarn, cause she wanted one for herself. So I wrote down the details for her, but later that night I gave her my email and told her that if she wanted, I could make her that sweater. So now I'm hoping she will email me, cause it would be the coolest thing ever to make her a sweater! Like, I listened to her songs over and over and over when I was kid/teenager, and she came over and talked to me!!! *fangirlmoment*

• Upvote 2