river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

Sonia I love that you got Every Snowflake into school that is my winter jam. :D

Now the dust's settled I'm trying to work out how to move forward positively. I hate that word but I mean, like, without just swearing at Trump supporters and setting things on fire. because we can't protest forever; we have to learn to live with the new reality and to prevent it from happening again.

and I'd like to know more about the 'silent majority' Trump supporters and why they genuinely overlooked the terrible things about him. I knew people were disenchanted, but not how much. we all know the political system's terrible, but I didn't realise how much people would overlook Trump's flaws because they can't stand Hillary.

The thing about America is that a lot of the "noise" on the internet and tv comes from the coasts, which are much more liberal than the rest of the country. The middle of the country is very much conservative- especially the rural parts, and those people might not be as active on the internet and such. So there are a lot of conservatives who voted because they are traditionally republican and see trump as better than Hillary simply because he is not liberal. And he did a good job of speak to that population that is typically ignored, even if it makes up a large part of the country.

There's also the fact that with almost every election in recent history, Americans are still dissatisfied and want change. See the switch from bill Clinton (dem) to GWB (rep) and back to Dem with Obama. Many people did not want to vote for Hillary because they saw her doing the same stuff as Obama and not enacting any real change, and so voted for Trump even if he was unsavory.

Sonia I love that you got Every Snowflake into school that is my winter jam. :D

Yeah, it was awesome! And I did get very positive responses from the other teachers, about the song having such an important message and such. And I told everyone that I were going to play a song from my favorite band, so some off the students came over to me afterwards, and we're all like: do YOU listen to that kind of music??? You don't look like that kind of person xD

• Upvote 1

Vaccinations happened

yay! guess i missed this last time

um, well yay Sonia! yeah, any chance to share the MCR love! ^^

and this election stuff??...i just can't. Well, I was thinking how it IS surprising that sooo many people, and even if Hilary won the popular vote, it was still split pretty evenly. It's just astounding, but a lot of good points were brought up here as to why it happened. Still complete madness! But we are just trying to hang in there. lay low and pray for the best. I mean, what can we do! Idk. Hang in there everyone! Bless!

um, and nice change of subject-TOP. Yeah, I haven't gotten into them myself, but I can FINALLY say I've heard one full song (Cancer cover). I'm glad you enjoyed your show Kerry. That was an interesting perspective, liking them to MCR. Well, for your sake, I hope they stick around...eh, but now I'm sad, cuz I never got to see MCR and I just remembered that fact. :(:) hehe well...well I'll just have to live vicariously though all of your memories. :P

speaking of concerts, idk if anyone even knows who these groups are (I probably only know a few songs, but REALLY like one). My folks went to see blue Oyster Cult and Jefferson Starship in concert last night. *jealous* :) 

ok, i have to go eat. SO HUNGRY! FOOOD! ;)

I went to see twenty one pilots last night in London. Now I'm regretting not buying a ticket to tomorrow's show too unfortunately even if I could get a ticket I can't really get there now :(

Not sure who else is a fan here, but I can personally draw a lot of parallels between them and MCR, especially in their loyal fanbase and sudden success. I just hope they don't over-tour and break up, not that that sounds familiar

I've looked them up a little bit, I'm not ready to commit to another band though, I'm still *healing*.

I've looked them up a little bit, I'm not ready to commit to another band though, I'm still *healing*.

I know how you feel. It took me about two years of listening to them before I could even bring myself to learn their names. Now I feel the same about the band as I did MCR, but the MCRmy is a way better fanbase :P

Yeah I definitely agree. The whole "Josh is my daddy" thing is just creepy. I'd love for them to have a forum like this with our old strict rules (NO talking about privates lives, NO fangirling etc). I'd love to see how many survived and then have a place for the sane people. This site has been a part of me for at least 8 years, I can't even remember how long, and I'd love for other kids to get that experience.

This site's one of my favourite things about the MCRmy as well. I'm really into a lot of acts, but I won't ever join in with online stuff because I just don't have the energy to wade through the shit. I made the mistake of looking up the Troye Sivan tag on Instagram once, it was 90% people arguing whether or not he's still with his boyfriend who he has never officially said is his boyfriend. Kind of interesting from a social perspective (I think half the people arguing were girls? Like chill out ladies regardless of relationship status I don't think he's gonna be into you) but god so exhausting. 

I feel like a seasoned old rocker saying this haha. I also remember how much shit we'd get from people with 'better' music taste who put down young women who liked, well, anything and that still annoys me. I've become a kind of champion for kids into One Direction and Bieber... 'some old guy said you're insipid and vacuous for liking this act? Well teenage girls were the Beates' first fans so FUCK 'EM ALL'. But there's a line between wonderful fangirls (fans who are girls) and creepy fangirls (fans who maybe are girls but mostly are immature children with zero respect and give wonderful fangirls a bad name).

That wasn't supposed to be a rant oops.

Yeah I definitely agree. The whole "Josh is my daddy" thing is just creepy. I'd love for them to have a forum like this with our old strict rules (NO talking about privates lives, NO fangirling etc). I'd love to see how many survived and then have a place for the sane people. This site has been a part of me for at least 8 years, I can't even remember how long, and I'd love for other kids to get that experience.

That's such a great idea. Who's their label again? Are they Fueled By Ramen? Maybe we could send them a suggestion.

By the way, I've been thinking about the Secret Santa thing some more. I know that I said I wouldn't join but even though I didn't get a present back last year or the year before, I love sending presents and I love you guys, so I'm willing to take the risk again. Who else said they were in?

Or if money's a problem for everyone maybe we could do a card exchange? Brinn mentioned cards on Twitter the other day and they're so much fun to send (and they're cheap to send but you can still include little things in the envelope if you want).

Count me in fir whatever we decide :) (As long as it's not me sending gifts to all you guys :P )

Aaaand if I don't respond here, and you need to get hold of me, you'll find me on fb :)

Anyone here into chess? I'm pretty obsessed with the world championship these days, since the current champion is Norwegian! Too bad the match is in New York though, the time difference is terrible, watching until 3am, getting up for work at 6am xD

I vote that Sonia sends us all presents! ;)

I'm down for either cards or gifts, (or both, if it's just a couple of people who can send gifts and the rest of us send each other cards)

• Upvote 1

Having thought about it as a Serious Adult, I can afford to send cards to everyone but not gifts to anyone (do not get me started on the weight/size discrepancies on postal costs). Also I over-ordered some comic Christmas cards and I don't think I have enough people to send them all to...

Oh hey I wanna be a part of this too :D depending on how many people I need to send cards to, bc the mail service in DK has become seriously crap and seriously expensive -.- (and same as Sonia, catch me elsewhere if I'm not online here (which I rarely am, sorry about that D: )) 

• Upvote 1