river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

I went to a party at the weekend (it turns out I already owned everything I needed to look like Wednesday Addams, easiest costume ever), today I'm hanging out with my TV... and probably not even watching anything that spooky because I'm behind on 1200 regular shows.

BUT today is my seven year blog anniversary so maybe I'll go all out and, like, post a Tweet.

Class ended up getting out an hour early so we went bowling and then we got a late dinner, so it wasn't too bad :) I did myself up last-minute as a vampire because I'm basic

I saw the photos, you looked great! I completely cheated with my Wednesday get up, I literally just went through my regular wardrobe the afternoon of and tied my plaits extra-carefully. I might have to do something big next year, though, I always forget how much I love Halloween until it's too late to do anything proper!

My town was shrouded in mist all day though, it was a fittingly spooky day. 

This passed from atmospheric to 'completely fucking nuts', I couldn't see across my road. It was brilliant.

You guys might like this? The article's about a satirical magazine troops in WWI started... gallows humour at its finest the poster about optimism cracked me up. :D http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/7bb3bbed#/7bb3bbed/26

we got rain tonight, well, last night since it's 2AM already. :P

glad you guys had some fun. Ha! I stepped outside to enjoy the practically summer weather we had that evening, but then I remembered trick or treaters so I had to sneak back in and hide. :P But not before catching a glimpse of the neighbors' grim reaper display. ha! that house always has something creepy going on. :P

ah Frank! I can't read that cuz i don't have Adobe flash player. 

Vaccinations happened

and 

it turns out

you get them in stages

Anyway. How is everyone? Any Americans planning to emigrate if the US election goes wrong?! I'm thinking of emigrating and I'm already an ocean away how are you coping

I 100% wish I could. One of my friends is moving to Grenada in January for vet school and I would totally go with him if I knew I had a job :lol:

Haha. Their SPCA looks cool. I'll probably just ask him to go and give them my resume and put in a good word for me :P

I fell asleep and had a dream Clinton managed a victory. Woke up and the nightmare was indeed real. I feel like vomiting knowing I live in a place so hateful and toxic.

I just can't get over the fact that more people than not in America are so filled with hatred. I've seen so many people arguing that they're not racist just because they voted for trump... But you're okay with a racist person being in charge of your country and making decisions that will affect minorities for years? Standing by and overlooking racism is basically racism, so they're just as bad. Nevermind the homophobia, islamaphobia, bigotry etc etc. I feel so sad today and I don't even live there.

I just can't get over the fact that more people than not in America are so filled with hatred. I've seen so many people arguing that they're not racist just because they voted for trump... But you're okay with a racist person being in charge of your country and making decisions that will affect minorities for years? Standing by and overlooking racism is basically racism, so they're just as bad. Nevermind the homophobia, islamaphobia, bigotry etc etc. I feel so sad today and I don't even live there.

That's exactly how I feel, Kerry. This feels different from Brexit (where a lot of people were racist shitbags but a lot of people just wanted what they saw as independence after decades of the EU debates and issues and whatnot, and where the vote was so close). This feels like America has spoken and all the wonderful people I've ever spoken to from there are now in a tiny minority.

I really thought people would think 'I don't like Hillary and in an ideal world would have two far more decent candidates but at least she won't sexually assault my loved ones, accidentally cause any wars or build a giant fucking wall so on balance let's go with Hillary'. The Donald is the worser of two evils. don't even care if that makes no grammatical sense AMERICA ffs

If it is any consolation, there was literally only 1% difference in the popular vote. Unfortunately, the electoral college system is fucked up and can cause shit like this.

The other bright spot is that millenials were overwhelmingly not for trump... hopefully the next generation of politicians will be more progressive.

One percent? that's ridiculous. I saw somewhere that Hillary would've taken Florida if Gary Johnson's voters had voted for her (literally his percentage of the vote would've clinched it for her). I know it wouldn't make any difference to the result, but I wish people had realised that until the two party system changes, you have to treat it as one. Voting for a third party is like voting for the guy you dislike.

I hope so. This made me feel better: https://twitter.com/RayaWasHere/status/796229786766974976

I know some people voted third party, because if they get a certain percentage of the vote in this election, they will get more of a voice in the next election. However, I didn't think it was ethical in an election where the stakes were so high. Plus, while I liked Johnson, the actual people who identify as Libertarian were not appealing (very pro-gun, anti-LBGTQ, somewhat alt-right.)

Like... any friends not in the US... can I come crash with you????

If my appartement had more than one room, you would've been very welcome. As it is now, short time visits are the only option.

Norway is devastated by the election as well. Had som trouble getting my students to focus today, since they were just talking about Trump.

On a more positive note: I played every snowflake at the school assembly today, for the whole school!! :D I've been searching for an opportunity to play MCR since the day I started, and every snowflake was perfect! Since it's a Christian school, most MCR songs aren't.

• Upvote 1

So now I'm reading that Clinton won the popular vote... ugh. This is how we got Bush over Gore back in the day and look how that turned out.

So many things are wrong with our system, from the electoral college to corrupt superdelegates in the DNC. These systems are in place that don't listen to what Americans actually want.

My one hope is that now that congress and the president are of the same party, maybe things will actually get done. Unlike with Obama and how Congress prevented everything he tried to do because of partisanship. But, of course, the fact that they are all republicans means that they can pass terrible things...

-rant over-

That's awesome about your school, Sonia. Hard to believe Christmas is almost here!