river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

I wish I could say I understand how you feel. I'm actually trying to get a job for the first time right now and the worst thing about it for me so far is the fact that I'm beyond antisocial and talking to people I don't know really well freaks me out to the point that I start shaking. Plus I don't have a license yet and I'd hate to ask people to drive me to work.

I'm not sure which is worse: never hearing back or getting a confirmed rejection.

If it makes any of you feel better, this week I submitted a piece to an editor who decided it wasn't what she had literally just agreed I could do. Like, this is an unpaid piece of work for a tiny publication, you liked my ideas and appeared to give me free reign to explore the topics you okayed. I fit this in around my paid work, not the other way around so you do not get to pull senior editor unless you fucking want to employ me. 

Selling my artwork at the market tomorrow. I made a new sign for my booth, printed more business cards, made a price lists, got all my work gathered up. Hope I have everything I need XD

I met this guy online that I've been messaging with for the past couple of days. He is so much fun to talk to! Someone who actually understands my constant sarcasm. But I don't even know his name yet!

Selling my artwork at the market tomorrow. I made a new sign for my booth, printed more business cards, made a price lists, got all my work gathered up. Hope I have everything I need XD

I saw the photos, it looked brilliant. It may or may not have inspired me to make a banner for my fair.

I met this guy online that I've been messaging with for the past couple of days. He is so much fun to talk to! Someone who actually understands my constant sarcasm. But I don't even know his name yet!

1) Find out his name 2) TELL US MORREEEEE.

Haha I don't know much about him yet, except he went to film school and now creates games. But he works on developing software for this new virtual reality thing (like Oculus glasses?) So that's cool. I mostly like talking to him because we have the exact same sense of humor.

Haha I don't know much about him yet, except he went to film school and now creates games. But he works on developing software for this new virtual reality thing (like Oculus glasses?) So that's cool. I mostly like talking to him because we have the exact same sense of humor.

He sounds really cool! Is he working specifically on the Oculus Rift? I can't wait for that to come out!

Wow Gabby! Congrats!!

Thanks! I start on March 30th. I got them to send me their dress code policy since I own no business clothing (I wear skinny jeans and band t shirts and converse.....) had to do some shopping.

Haha I will have to do the same if I ever get an office job. But shopping for a new job is definitely exciting.

Congrats! Hehe! Happy shopping!

oh yeah! So I JUST figured out this how the timing works on this site...(I think) it shows UK time for guests but when we log in, we can change the time to our own....right??? Haha like all this time!!! I thought I had it figured out once and then it was all different again...now I know why (again, I think hehe)

edit: I don't know if anyone saw my post in Dear___<3,...so, I should officially say hi here and happy to be back! Hi!

We're supposed to wear business clothing in our office but a lot of people seem to wear jeans and think it's acceptable. It really irritates me.

Also as I was only there for three months originally I didn't want to buy too many clothes, then I got made permanent but had bought a house so now can't afford new clothes

I've been trying to get my first job for at least a year now. Well, not really trying except for one time where I e-mailed a bunch of places for applications, and recently when my counselor gave me a list of places, but I find that nobody wants to hire me. Recently i've been doing online applications cause I can't really go out and fill stuff out in person cause I'm a minor living on a campus, and a lot of the time an SS# is required in the application. Sadly, i don't know mine, so I had to ask my sister for it via text.

The more you fill out applications the faster you will memorize your SS! I learned mine pretty quick when I started applying for college and then doing job apps during college lol

A lot of places now only do online apps, but I find that for first jobs, it's easier to go out and fill out apps in person... Especially because the places that are more likely to hire young people without experience are the small businesses that don't have online applications.

I got the job :D

Also... my market wasn't a complete failure.

Awesome! So happy to hear that!

The more you fill out applications the faster you will memorize your SS! I learned mine pretty quick when I started applying for college and then doing job apps during college lol

A lot of places now only do online apps, but I find that for first jobs, it's easier to go out and fill out apps in person... Especially because the places that are more likely to hire young people without experience are the small businesses that don't have online applications.

Good to know. I'll put that knowledge to good use too!

Business clothes are so weird. I hated the idea of wearing them initially but I found a couple of black pencil skirts that are actually quite comfortable and I finally discovered a store that sells tights with long enough legs for my height, so with a pair of flats and a nice blouse I actually feel really comfy and still manage to look appropriate. Plus being at a funeral home I get to wear lots of black. Perks.

Haha I'm going to wear a lot of black and neutrals lol also... I can wear heels nos. My boyfriend and I are almost the same height, so I never wear heels around him (I don't like being taller than him). But since we aren't going to work together and I won't be on my feet all day. .. not I can get some cool heels.

I don't like pencil skirts, I always look extra-short in them. I do like 'office' wear, as long as I can jazz it up a bit with a weird necklace or Doc Martens or something that doesn't scream 'corporate clean up'. (I blame Danger Days for that.)