river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

Oh wow, I don't think any of the 16 year olds at my school would be that nice to anyone!

My 16 year olds are special ;)

Just kidding, or, I believe them to be special off course, but I do think 16 year olds are mainly the same: a bit hung up on themselves and their own life, but if you show them that you care about them, and their life, they might actually take interest in you and your life as well :)

• Upvote 1

I think that's true, Sonia. I remember feeling like it was hard to be compassionate towards teacher that just saw teaching as a job. But if a teacher showed interest in my life and was open about his/hers I was more likely to care about them.

Emo night was really fun! It was awesome hanging out with my coworker and her roomie. They played My Chem three times. I didn't know a lot of the song since I was never super into pop punk, but it was fun to dance and remember my former emo days! Although... when I got dressed for the evening I realized that my style hasn't change much since those days :lol: still band shirt, skinny jeans, and converse basically!

• Upvote 1

I think that's true, Sonia. I remember feeling like it was hard to be compassionate towards teacher that just saw teaching as a job. But if a teacher showed interest in my life and was open about his/hers I was more likely to care about them.

Emo night was really fun! It was awesome hanging out with my coworker and her roomie. They played My Chem three times. I didn't know a lot of the song since I was never super into pop punk, but it was fun to dance and remember my former emo days! Although... when I got dressed for the evening I realized that my style hasn't change much since those days :lol: still band shirt, skinny jeans, and converse basically!

Awesome! Which My Chem songs did they play?

This wasn't really a punk bar, it's just an "emo night" they have once a month. They also have it in other cities as well. But I'm sure there are some punk bars where I live, we have a pretty decent nightlife scene (to distract us all from the horrible traffic and ugliness!)

Laine, here's the article. It's specifically about sex shops but I think it could be useful for just selling as well. http://www.buzzfeed.com/emmacooke24/sexy-sexy-shopping#.nbrZPDQrM

• Upvote 1

I survived my interview. It was long. Like an hour. And they asked me like every question ever invented for interviews. I hope they liked me. I apologized for being so awkwaed because being in interviews make me forget 3/4 of my vocabulary. I hope I get it. If I pass this round... there's a 3rd interview I need to do. Ugh.

Good luck! I hope you get the next interview, but if not, just know that there's always better things coming!

I genuinely Ely don't know what else they could possibly ask me. I submitted a resume and cover letter. I did a 15 minute phone interview. I submitted a questionnaire. I had this hour long interview. Now they want another? God damn....

Yeah that's pretty intense. Reminds me of when I applied for a seasonal sales associate position and the store had me do two interviews and get approval from the head regional person... Like dang I'm going to be here for three months at most! If I had applied for full time it would have been three interviews.

This wasn't really a punk bar, it's just an "emo night" they have once a month. They also have it in other cities as well. But I'm sure there are some punk bars where I live, we have a pretty decent nightlife scene (to distract us all from the horrible traffic and ugliness!)

Laine, here's the article. It's specifically about sex shops but I think it could be useful for just selling as well. http://www.buzzfeed.com/emmacooke24/sexy-sexy-shopping#.nbrZPDQrM

This was really interesting! There's an Ann Summers in my high street but I've never bothered going in... I always judge the blokes who hang around outside though!

I survived my interview. It was long. Like an hour. And they asked me like every question ever invented for interviews. I hope they liked me. I apologized for being so awkwaed because being in interviews make me forget 3/4 of my vocabulary. I hope I get it. If I pass this round... there's a 3rd interview I need to do. Ugh.

Good luck!

The book saga CONTINUES! D: I went to the office today expecting the package to be there, since he said he was going to send it last week, but nope! Ugh. I don't want to continue to pester him, but I'm moving at the end of this month so I'd like to have all of my belongings accounted for. Plus I told my friend I would have it. But he'll probably ignore me even if I do message him. Maybe I'll just check again next week? 

Like, I think this struggle for the book has been going on for close to a month now!

This is ridiculous. It sounds like he's being hugely immature and maybe punishing you for ending things? How juvenile.:/ I'm sorry, Rachel.

He broke up with me, though. I don't know why he would want to punish me, since I didn't do anything to him, besides get angry when we broke up. Which I think was a reasonable reaction considering the reason why he broke up with me. So I don't know why he's doing this, beyond just being disrespectful.

I don't have his number anymore so I can't call. Turning up at his apartment seems a bit desparate, I wouldn't want to go over unexpectedly :-/ I already sent his books back so I wouldn't really have a reason to be there.

I'll probably just message him again tonight or this weekend asking if he sent them. There's always the possibility that the office mislabeled the package. I'll let him know too that I'm moving soon.

The book has been returned! He dropped it off at my apartment, but I was at my mom's house. I think telling him about my impending move helped. At least this saga is over!

• Upvote 2

Haha no, I didn't tell him I wasn't in town. I wasn't really expecting him to drop it off until he told me to check my front door. He probably knew I wasn't home at that point since he would have heard my dog barking otherwise.