river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

I ended up canceling. Maybe if we had talked more I would have felt better about going. The idea for the date was really cool (seeing this huge bat colony nearby), but the more I thought about it the more reservations I had :-/ That's the drawback to online dating sometimes.

Screwing up in what way? Can you ask for another day of training to make sure you get it right?

You'll get better with practise, Brinn. Or that's what's supposed to happen; I'm shit at answering phones.

Thanks, guys; it's not the answering phones I'm screwing up on, it's forwarding them at night to the answering service. Two weeks in a row I've somehow bungled it so the phones never get forwarded and we've missed a lot of calls, and the phones are basically the most important thing in the funeral biz apparently. My boss said she'd type up instructions for me, and she might come in today so we can practice. It's stressing me out so much, I only work two days out of seven but I'm stressed every day all week.

I ended up canceling. Maybe if we had talked more I would have felt better about going. The idea for the date was really cool (seeing this huge bat colony nearby), but the more I thought about it the more reservations I had :-/ That's the drawback to online dating sometimes.

If you didn't feel comfortable meeting him, don't feel bad about canceling, especially because he wasn't communicating much. If you've never met him in person then I think your intuition is the most important thing to trust.

Yeah usually I talk to people I've met online for a little bit before we meet up, at least to get to know their interests and stuff so we have things to talk about. Which I figured we would do after setting up the date. We talked a bit, but after setting everything up- that was that. And he basically insulted my hometown during our brief convo which turned me off lol

I think once you get the hang of it, things will get better. Written instructions will definitely help. I know from watching the receptionists at the clinic I used to work at that you have to pay close attention to detail and it's easy to mess things up sometimes. I'm sure you're not the first person to make this mistake, and it's good that your boss is willing to work with you. You can do it

Huh, it sounds like you aren't missing out on a whole lot. I'm sorry this didn't work out, but maybe this other guy you're talking to will turn out a better fit!

Thanks, I'm hoping that will do the trick. I usually do pretty well following written instructions so hopefully that will help. My boss is kind of hard to read because she's so blunt and I always think she's mad at me, but apparently she tells lots of other people that I'm doing a great job.

Haha my senior is like that too. When I first started I thought she hated me and I was doing terrible, and then my coworker told me that she overheard her telling our supervisor I was doing awesome :lol: Written instructions make things a lot easier for me too.

Yeah, the other guy seems nice. We both love Disney and Harry Potter. I'm just hesitant because in his pictures he doesn't seem at all like the typical person I would go out with. Like, really athletic and jock-ish. But I guess there's a first time for everything? I'm going to see if he wants to meet later this week.

Nice!

I went out with firefighter guy tonight and I'm so conflicted! He's fun to talk to but so unlike every guy I've gone out with. I feel like he's kind of out of my league :lol:

Nice!

I went out with firefighter guy tonight and I'm so conflicted! He's fun to talk to but so unlike every guy I've gone out with. I feel like he's kind of out of my league :lol:

I'm sure that's not true. :P Hmm, unlike anyone you've ever gone out with? It should be really interesting then! Best of luck!

Nice!

If anything, you're out of his league! Seriously, you're amazing and you deserve the best, so dont ever think that you're not good enough! If you like this guy, go for it :)

Haha I just mean that I'm so used to dating kind of geeky guys, and he's like this tough firefighter guy! While I'm just my nerdy self. I'm just going to see how it goes!

Seriously, I have the cutest student ever!! They brought me donuts and sang happy birthday for me in class today. It was really nice, and kinda embarrassing xD being a teacher is the best job ever!! :wub:

• Upvote 1

Seriously, I have the cutest student ever!! They brought me donuts and sang happy birthday for me in class today. It was really nice, and kinda embarrassing xD being a teacher is the best job ever!! :wub:

Aww that's so sweet! I would love experience of helping raise and teach lots of children, but I hate havinng to speak in front of people and I can't say no to little kids, so that wouldn't work ot for me. :P

I saw what reminded of the real like Puppy. Monkey., Baby. I would have danced, but I was in the middle of buying plates and tags for my new car and that would have been too Laine.

Aww that's so sweet! I would love experience of helping raise and teach lots of children, but I hate havinng to speak in front of people and I can't say no to little kids, so that wouldn't work ot for me. :P

I dont teach little kids, they're 16 years old :)

... is there a reason why it shouldn't be Tuesday? XD

I have my interview for a new job tomorrow. I'm worried about that...

Art sale on March 13th as well... so hopefully I can prep a few new pieces for that.

New Asking Alexandria album comes out this month. Lots going on XD

i'm going to start training to sell sex toys on the side. My friend made 12 grand last year doing it part time

and considering all this damn debt I have....why not

Laine, that's hilarious! I reckon it could be good fun if you have the confidence. I went to an Ann Summers party a few years ago (not sure if you have them in the US but it's like Victoria's Secret I think). It was really fun, a bit awkward as I didn't really know anyone there, but they just passed the toys round to look at, brought some of the costumes for people to try on for a laugh and did a few games. Not sure I'd be particularly interested in going to one again but there's definitely money to be made there!

... is there a reason why it shouldn't be Tuesday? XD

I have my interview for a new job tomorrow. I'm worried about that...

Art sale on March 13th as well... so hopefully I can prep a few new pieces for that.

New Asking Alexandria album comes out this month. Lots going on XD

Good luck with your art sale! 

Good luck with everything Gabby!

I know that sort of thing can make money, Laine, I actually read a really interesting article about people who work in sex shops if you're actually considering it!

I'm going to a pop-punk/emo night at a bar with my friend from work! Pretty excited for them to play some MCR. It's also my first time going out with her even though we live just a few blocks away from each other, it should be fun.