river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

Working your way up is kind of the way to go, no matter how qualified you are, because it shows your employers and colleagues that you're trustworthy and a decent human and stuff, and a fancy CV can't always compare to that, especially when employers are considering promotions.

i don't think that's necessarily true, especially for a place like a zoo where you're basically required to be an expert in order to work with certain animals. having a fancy resume and a certain level of expertise is necessary in those cases (especially because there is also a lot of competition). however, i do think in other cases it is possible to work your way up, maybe from cashier to guest relations to departments that offer more hands-on opportunities with the animals.

and i only say that not to discourage brinn, just because it's what i've heard from coworkers who used to be zookeepers! my supervisor actually worked for the houston zoo for a long time.

i don't think that's necessarily true, especially for a place like a zoo where you're basically required to be an expert in order to work with certain animals. having a fancy resume and a certain level of expertise is necessary in those cases (especially because there is also a lot of competition). however, i do think in other cases it is possible to work your way up, maybe from cashier to guest relations to departments that offer more hands-on opportunities with the animals.

and i only say that not to discourage brinn, just because it's what i've heard from coworkers who used to be zookeepers! my supervisor actually worked for the houston zoo for a long time.

I wasn't knocking degrees and stuff please qualify to go into open heart surgery I meant in terms of proving your worth to an employer. You can have every qualification available, but if you turn up to the office with no work ethic, you won't make it far. Unless you know someone who knows someone, anyway.  <_<

quick question...what show was this where they dressed this way?

gerard_way_by_beverly546-d4egpp2.jpg

Halloween 2011 or 2012.

I know I know. Making a living. :)

Oh thanks F. Although I did find it shortly before I read this. It was easy after I saw Rays costume. Cuz before I was searching purple suit or Prince like suit and Gerard and I got some random results. :P Anyway, I liked these costumes, especially Frank in his oversized cape. Hahaha

*sighs-there is just too much to catch up with!

Damn I'm so sick of being sick. Yesterday was probably my 5th or 6th sickleave of work this year and this sucks. :( Asked my nurse what should I do to make this stop and she just said healthy lifestyle would be good and more exercising. Lol I actually have a gym membership that I've paid for nothing for several months because I couldn't have gone there because I'm sick. And I cant even remember how many times I've thought I wanna go for a jog but I cant because of the same reason. Seeing a doc who could really help me would be brilliant.

I'm not weak, I just have a flu all the time without fever. I went for a jog yesterday for a while but I dunno if that's good idea to just start exercising. Last time I tried that I ended up with bronchitis and I was afraid I might die. Almost everytime after I coughed I couldn't breathe for a while. First time I kinda paniced and it was frightening  every time it happened and I kept on thinking what if it happens when I'm sleeping and I wake up to that and I panic, can't catch my breath anymore and I die. So that's why I haven't been exercising much. I started taking extra D-vitamin, I hope it helps.

maybe try some yoga... it's good exercise but pretty low-intensity. or swimming, if you have a pool available. it sounds silly, but i would also suggest trying to find a homeopathic doctor. they might have better recommendations on vitamins you could take or ways to ease your symptoms.

Going to a doctor probably today. I have some problem with my ears too so thats why and my mum also said I should ask that doc to run some bloodtests. And my mum is coming to check out my place in case there is something wrong with the house. I'm suspecting there might be some mould and my mum thinks the same. I really hope the house is okay.

Otherwise I've been trying to make my cosplay costume. I'm going to a convention next week as Maleficent but I dunno how good that costume is turning out. Could be better.

Good luck at the doctors! Hopefully it's only something minor. I'd say I hope it's the house, but that could be so expensive to fix. I guess I'm saying I hope it's only a little problem either way haha

I've been back and forth to the doctor a few times too. I've got an issue with my toe and the doctors put me on antibiotics 3 times. Gotta get a procedure done next Thursday. Boooo.

I agree with R. A homeopathic or just a holistic doctor for vitamins and or herbal supplements and even breathing exercises and the likes. But it could be more serious, like asthma or some respiratory thing or even heart thing. Yeah blood tests will be good. Hope it all works out, you get some answers, and it's nothing that cannot be fixed easily or does not cost a lot!

Eek! I hate toe stuff G! So painful! Hope yours goes well too! Keeper of the BDFS. Lol

If the problems started up when you moved into the house, I would definitively suspect mold or something. I hope you get some answers soon!

I've been working, of course, and starting my new term... It's been a bit hectic since this term I have to work on a team. But we're all in different time zones so getting in contact has been crazy. Then we had two things to submit this week, our first week! I also started volunteering at a wildlife center yesterday, which was pretty cool.

Soooo I have a date tomorrow that seems promising! I haven't been on a date in more than a year... I'm excited :)

tumblr_mgh5ku0AtM1r6kbowo1_500.gif

Does anyone else remember how Gerard wore this garment all the time??  Lia and I were watching some old show videos together and seemed to forget how bad it had been.  We wonder if he had multiple of the same shirt or if one day it had been worn so repeatedly it just walked away on its own. Does anyone else remember this one?

G%20Way%203.jpg

Not our favorite, but it definitely was better from the front than the side though....

• Upvote 1

Yes! I have a pic of him wearing it at one of the NYC concerts. Definitely not flattering from the side, but I bet it kept him cool! Also 100x better than the poncho!!!

• Upvote 2