river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

I like empty chairs

and knocked over wheelchairs

that are just there

like, where is the person, what happened

i blame silent hill and horror films.

Lots of people here are sick. I spent most of yesterday in bed, which sucks because I was invited to a party with some new friends. I'm a little better today (I'm actually well enough to stay awake for more than an hour!). I hope you feel better too!

Lots of people here are sick. I spent most of yesterday in bed, which sucks because I was invited to a party with some new friends. I'm a little better today (I'm actually well enough to stay awake for more than an hour!). I hope you feel better too!

i'm guessing it's just fall...

a girl at work called out sick yesterday, maybe i got it from her.

i was invited to a party yesterday, but i was too tired to go and it was raining like hell and i would have had to drive an hour to get there :-/ i feel really bad about blowing it off, since i rarely get to see the friend that invited me.

Im 100% woooo

but come tomorrow I will probably have to take that back

feel better! i just have a sore-ish throat and a bit of a temp.

I needed to know at least SOMEONE is laughing because I caught hell at work today.

what happened?

One of the managers started chewing me out in front of all the other employees (well, behind, actually.... it was by the drive-thu window) and said: "Brinnley! What are you doing?? Why are you walking around and not doing anything! Stop trying to waste time by washing your hands too often and walking around the kitchen. You have a station; go to it! Stop being a lazy ass in my restaurant."

Reasons why that speech was inaccurate:

1.) I had been walking around to all the managers asking if they had work for me to do

2.) I was going to the back to get a broom and clean lobby, since it needed to be done

3.) I didn't have a station; no one had assigned me to one, and even if they had I wouldn't be able to do what they needed because they haven't trained me

4.) Seriously? Washing my hands too much? I fixed my hair -> washed my hands. 15 minutes later, took out the trash -> washed my hands. Half an hour later, dried my face and cleaned my glasses -> washed my hands. If that's "too often" then I don't want to know how often the other employees wash their hands

5.) She's only worked there for 2 years and has been a manager for a month: "her restaurant", my ass

What she said wasn't even that bad, yet I spent the last hour of my shift fighting myself to exhaustion to stop myself from crying. It barely worked; I caught a few strange looks from coworkers who would ask me for a tray of rounds or something and notice my red eyes.

is there any way you can talk to one of the managers to get someone to actually train you?

it sounds like they just hired you and expected you to come to work a fully formed employee...

i don't think there's such a thing as washing your hands "too often," especially when you're working with food (um, does she want a customer to get food poisoning???)

and yeah, any manager that calls her employees "lazy ass" does not need to be in charge of people imo. especially when she's cursing at new hires.

Agreeing with Rachel! Cheer up Brinn, you have our full support :)

I sat down with a movie on netflix tonight, thinking it was a typical chick flick. Realized after a while that it was one of those messing with my head, making me think to much and possibly crying kind of movies. Off course I put on one of those when I'm home alone. I seem to have a radar for those movies, when I'm actually looking for something cute and easy.

if you just started and this is your first job, they should give you room to develop

It's ridiculous not to, and you should wash your hands after those activities and it's good no one had to tell you, so fuck your manager and keep washing your hands. What do health codes mean to your manager? It's probably part of the training exam they haven't given you.

I heard from a few other employees there that this manager does that to everyone; even my friend who's all buddy-buddy with a few of the more evil managers hates her and says she's unnecessarily cruel. I just wish I didn't react so badly to criticism. It ruined my entire day, and I was actually doing quite well before that.

I'm sorry to hear this Brinn. I still stand by what I said earlier in our fb message and hope you'll have a chance to read it next time you're online.

Is anyone else still around tonight?

ahh, i was doing homework. i was going to try and stay up to finish it, but i'm feeling very sick and i probably need to go to sleep!

i love fall but i always get sick around this time :(

nice to see you pop in, sulfur!