river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

It'll be alright. We still have all they've created. Sure, there's nothing new anymore, but no ones talking what they've already done from us.

• Upvote 1

Just the abruptness and quickness of it that's so un-mcr-like

"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."

But what ties us together does not depend on this band being together. We are still an rmy, and will alwxys be, no matter what the band does or doesn't. I love you guys! :wub:

MCRmy is for fucking life.

I want to hug each of you, separately and then together, for a long, long time.

AGREED! These statements are true for me too

• Upvote 1

Send me your favourite pictures, quotes, videos, etc. Here or PM or even Twitter.

I'd love to help Ash!! Do you just need me to send you pictures on facebook?

I like the idea of a video. I think it would mean a lot to the Rmy.

Charlie, I just wanted to say thank you for coming back and expressing your empathy. Idk if I'm just overemotional about everything, but I feel like not everyone who is less attached to a band than previously would do that so I feel like it means a lot.

Honestly, when I found out you guys were the first people I thought of.

Ahh.

I think I might try to stay a while. I'm bad at remembering places though omfg

I could not agree more!!! I really appreciate you coming back Charlie and hope you'll come around more often. We really appreciate it and hope you will come by to hangout again sometime soon. Let's hope next time it's under better circumstances

• Upvote 1

Question: how would people think about making a thread for favorite tour memories or live moments? It would be nice to hear what others have to share on the positive side of their MCR memories and history

I'm coping decently well but I'm definitely a well of emotion right now. How are you doing?

• Upvote 1

Question: how would people think about making a thread for favorite tour memories or live moments? It would be nice to hear what others have to share on the positive side of their MCR memories and history

I'm coping decently well but I'm definitely a well of emotion right now. How are you doing?

I think that would be a nice thread to share memories. I've personally never seen MCR live so I can't contribute, but it will be nice for the majority :)

I'm definitely a well of emotion. I didn't take it well when I first found out, but I am feeling better. Still very emotional, though.

Luckily, Lia and I were together when we first found out. There was lots of sobbing and hugging. I am just glad we were together at a show when that happened. She means the world to me :) How is Sam doing with the news?

• Upvote 1

I'm glad you were with Lia. I found out when I woke up and just cried. I'm glad Sam was with me when I found out and we just hugged and cried. I didn't take the news well, I punched the wall and cried some more. I guess that shows how much they mean to me.

Sam took the news well, which is something I needed because I was a mess when I found out the news. I know they still have the ability to make me smile, even though they're not together anymore.

That would be awesome!

And someone in some mcr fan facebook site had an idea of a singalong video. Like everyone video themselfs singing Vampires for example and someone would add them all up in one video so it sounds like choir singing. :)

I'm glad you were with Lia. I found out when I woke up and just cried. I'm glad Sam was with me when I found out and we just hugged and cried. I didn't take the news well, I punched the wall and cried some more. I guess that shows how much they mean to me.

Sam took the news well, which is something I needed because I was a mess when I found out the news. I know they still have the ability to make me smile, even though they're not together anymore.

Awww honey! I'm sorry to hear that :( I hope you know that we support you honey

That would be awesome!

And someone in some mcr fan facebook site had an idea of a singalong video. Like everyone video themselfs singing Vampires for example and someone would add them all up in one video so it sounds like choir singing. :)

What about SING or Skylines? I think that sums up so much of what MCR stands for?

Awww honey! I'm sorry to hear that :( I hope you know that we support you honey

I know. I was upset about no more MCR music. I was upset about potentially losing friends from the MCRmy. It just got to me in that moment. I guess me punching the wall was out of frustration, because I thought I was losing things in my life that are really important to me.

But you're not honey!! We will always be here and that's not some load of bullshit that we're saying in the moment. If they take away the boards eventually, we will just have to find a new way to interact and I guarantee that no matter what changes with the boys, this community will always be there for each other :)

But you're not honey!! We will always be here and that's not some load of bullshit that we're saying in the moment. If they take away the boards eventually, we will just have to find a new way to interact and I guarantee that no matter what changes with the boys, this community will always be there for each other :)

I think you're right. I know I always have MCR too, their song they've already made, will stay with me for a long long time. As for the community, I know I won't lose you guys. I thought at the time I would lose a few because people would drift away and find something new. But now I know that's not really the case :) As for the boards, I really hope they stay up.

I don't want an explanation, looks to me like they're just leaving with the "we're done, bye" attitude. Sure I'm still bitter about it but I love the guys, they're still my heroes... it just looks like they haven't put much effort in ending a 12 year old band. Which is disappointing...

Yea, I wouldn't take it to mean anything, I really doubt they wrote it, and I have reason to believe there is a conflict with the label right now that's the real cause of the information block. And even if they did write it and are choosing not to say anything, I still wouldn't take it to mean they don't appreciate us. Basically, either they can't give the goodbye they really want to give and can't let us know what's up, or they are choosing not to and have their reasons. Whatever the reasoning is behind that post, I have no doubt they really care about and appreciate their fans.

That's essentially what I was trying to say yesterday and people seemed to take it really personally and got all butthurt about it.

I don't want all the crazy rumours. If this is some crazy kind of joke and they're getting back together or something, I'll be up on the seventh cloud, but for now I would rather just believe in the facts. It's over. But we still have the memories, and we still have each other :) that's the positive stuff I'm gonna focus on for now.

You know, yea, some kind of elaborate "break up" and hoax is totally something they'd do, but that just isn't the case here. They're broken up, for all intents and purposes, for good. The lack of information (i.e. people not being able to talk about it just yet) is indicative that this is final. I have decent access to info, and when that source wasn't able to answer my questions several months ago, I knew what that meant. There's a reason they said it was over and didn't try to pass this off as a break or hiatus. People just completely misconstrued various statements saying they were "excited for their futures" as meaning they knew what those futures were and that the band was still together (when they didn't and were just wishing them well).

It's fairly apparent that they all plan on continuing with music, just in various directions (though as we've seen, some of them will likely continue to collaborate). And it's really not impossible for them to reunite at some point in the (relatively distant) future, but it's not something I'd count on or sit around waiting for.

Send me your favourite pictures, quotes, videos, etc. Here or PM or even Twitter.

I think that would be a nice thread to share memories. I've personally never seen MCR live so I can't contribute, but it will be nice for the majority :)

I'm definitely a well of emotion. I didn't take it well when I first found out, but I am feeling better. Still very emotional, though.

Totally agree, this sounds like a great idea. I wrote up a pretty long recap of their very last show (Bamboozle, May 2012). You can check it out here. I knew there was a reason I paid for those overpriced Bamboozle tickets and took the train out to NJ...

And I've probably posted this shot 100 times, but it's one of my favorite photos I've taken, and it was one of the first shows I ever shot.

mcr.jpg

And along the lines of me being relatively defensive of them when fans were getting angry saying the band "owed" them more (really just when I was pointing out that they've given us a lot and have always been really dedicated to their fans), it's really just that even if they had just given me the music, they'd have given me a lot, but on top of that, they have always been so fucking cool to me when they didn't have to. I know some people in the past have said that they're really not nice and it's just an act for fans, but honestly, even if that's true, I really don't care. The fact that they make an effort to act nice and appreciative toward fans says a lot. I saw G at NYCC this past October and even though I was awkward (read quiet) and dumb, he was insanely nice. He could have easily said "cool ok bye" and blown me off (hell that's what I'd probably do after a certain point of never being able to be left alone), but instead he asked my name, and made an effort to actually converse with me. Whether he genuinely gave a shit or not really doesn't matter, because at the very least, he acted like he gave a shit, and I walked away feeling good. Oh and he signed my vinyl copy of Danger Days! I didn't even have to ask, and I mean, like I said, he could have just walked away, or just signed it and left, but instead he was totally personable, engaging, and nice. Maybe I give people too much credit because I'm an asshole, but like, I think the little things (like asking how to spell my name so he could make it out to me and driving conversation when I was being quiet/awkward) are really indicative of what a person is really like. I know they give a shit about their fans, regardless of that statement or whatever the hell is going on.

gerardsig.jpg

Basically, the MCRmy will never fucking die.

This can't be said enough.

• Upvote 1

so today i woke up and basically cried on and off the entire day

yeah not a good day

but i didnt come here to be negative so whatever!!!

Im trying to come on here more often because im trying to make friends and stuff so!!! yeah!!

ill try not to forget but i am so bad at remembering websites and stuff

but i hope you're all feeling at least a little bit better!!! stick together yo

idk i feel really distanced from this whole thing because I don't think MCR are as big a part of my life as they were previously

although I remember how I felt about them back when I was going through some really tough shit and all I can think about is how hard it must be for the fans that still feel as strongly as I did

In a way I kind of wish I could relate so I could be comforting and stuff but ahhh I don't know

hugs

You put that very nicely Dia!

I have mixed feelings towards MCR right now. I love them strongly and deeply and they have given us so much (basically saved my life a couple of times so I kinda owe them) but I still would like to have and explanation. I don't hate them because what they did, the way they left just gave them more contrast in my mind. I can't think of any negative things they have but they just brought their negative side a bit more into the open.:/ Hopefully you understand what I mean.

I have mixed feelings towards MCR right now. I love them strongly and deeply and they have given us so much (basically saved my life a couple of times so I kinda owe them) but I still would like to have and explanation. I don't hate them because what they did, the way they left just gave them more contrast in my mind. I can't think of any negative things they have but they just brought their negative side a bit more into the open.:/ Hopefully you understand what I mean.

I'm thinking that if we give it a while we might get a bit more of an explanation, although I'm not familiar with bands breaking up so maybe not?

I feel they still care about their fans a lot though, so I think they'll say something.

It seems like a legal issue if anything (as many others have said) as they were planning a lot of things?

Ah, I don't know.

idk i feel really distanced from this whole thing because I don't think MCR are as big a part of my life as they were previously

although I remember how I felt about them back when I was going through some really tough shit and all I can think about is how hard it must be for the fans that still feel as strongly as I did

In a way I kind of wish I could relate so I could be comforting and stuff but ahhh I don't know

hugs

It's ok, I went through a point where I neglected them a bit. I didn't get really into TBP when it came out, and I was just starting college so from about fall of 2007 until 2010 I was on sort of an MCR break. I think I was just mostly caught up in new experiences and didn't have enough time to sit, write, and listen to music like I did in high school (I went to boarding school and had a lot of alone time, but then once college started, because I was on the varsity soccer team and we were always traveling, I barely had enough time to think). Anyways, then I grabbed Danger Days when it came out, and at first I was like what in god's name is going on with them. But the more I listened to it, the more I realized that despite being way more "pop" and "dance" oriented than their earlier records, it was actually insanely punk and just so them (i.e. punk isn't about a sound or genre or labels, it's about the sentiment, and it's pretty punk as fuck when you can put out a very upbeat poppy dance-ish record that's so subversive). Anyways, I fucking loved it, and it made me actually go back and give TBP a good listen (I never gave it too much of a chance because I was still content with Bullets and Three Cheers and I wasn't crazy about WTTBP when it first came out), and aside from still not being crazy about WTTBP, that album is, in my opinion, probably their best put together album (i.e. as a whole).

You put that very nicely Dia!

Yea, I think there's got to be some significant reason why that goodbye is what we have so far. They may be dealing with a lot of stuff right now (especially considering the legal issues with the label and the likelihood of internal band turmoil being a factor). I mean, I have no doubt they're all bound by some kind of non-disclosure agreement right now. And maybe whatever brought them down is too upsetting and overshadowing all the good times for them to feel like they can write out a proper goodbye. Hell, maybe they aren't on good terms with one another and are letting things calm down so that they can actually write a goodbye together (rather than one of them just writing it and speaking for the whole group). Or it's possible that the statement wasn't made by them (which I think is most likely), and they're waiting until either they're allowed to say something or until they can say what they want to say on their own terms.

In any case, I think it will come in time after the smoke clears and the dust settles.

i feel the same as charlie. i haven't really listened to mcr in like a year. but i know how intense i used to be about them... but i don't really have the time or energy right now to get super sad. plus, almost everything else in my life right now is amazing. so it's hard to feel down about something that hasn't been extremely important to me for awhile...

maybe i'll listen to some black parade and dd and reminisce

i'll always remember frank hugging me and the time i saw them at rockefeller center for free and it snowed.