river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

So as most people have probably noticed, i normally don't share too much of my feelings on here, at least not in great detail. I'm going to make an exception this time and copy and paste what I put on my tumblr.

this fucking week.

I can’t believe MCR has broken up. I was in denial and shock at first, but when the news settled in I was sobbing. It was only a bit better because I was with Rachel and we got to hold each other.

I want to be able to describe in eloquent words what this band has meant to me, but I don’t know if I can do my feelings justice. I truly believe music can save lives, and that is why I latch onto bands like I do. They provide a refuge during hard times and certain bands, including MCR, are ones I have experienced this with.

There is a reason I got “I’m taking back the life you stole” tattooed on me. It started with a show in ‘07 that, after weeks of one of my worst bouts of depression, left me feeling like I could conquer the world. For the first time that I could remember, I knew what it felt like to feel confident and bold. That spark grew and that memory became such an integral part of my path towards self-healing. And, yeah, I’ve run into depression and terrible anxiety since then, but it’s a reminder to keep on fighting and that I can face my inner demons and survive.

Also, I can’t end this small rant without talking about what I have gained through the MCRmy that goes beyond the band itself, and that is the friendships I have formed. Two of my closest friends I know because of this band and for that I will also be forever grateful.

I don’t know how I’m going to be able to process this and get stuff done this week. I’m already dreading plans I have tomorrow because it’s going to be really hard for me to not just focus on this news. I will say though that I am so thankful that I have been able to love this band for 9 years and I plan to continue to do so, no matter what happens in regards to their status in the future.

I don’t want to ever forget how much this has meant to me.

Stand up fucking tall | Don’t let them see your back | And take my fucking hand | And never be afraid again

• Upvote 2

have a good night Rachel <3

edit to add: I mean sleep well. I feel like it may sound weird to wish a good night after all this shit, but I'm tired and I wasn't sure how else to say well wishes before bed.

we'll still go on...

I'm more surprised than sad, honestly. But I guess their earlier statements about conventional weapons are true.

Oh well

Wow I know I don't really post here anymore but I thought of all you guys and I thought that I had to come back because I miss you a bunch gahh

I'm not surprised and I'm not really sad. Honestly although it sounds awful, I probably stopped listening to MCR a while after Danger Days was released.

I saw this coming, but I really hope we get more of an explanation soon. Although I don't feel they owe us anything, I still think it'd be the best.

I really do hope.

Hey Charlie!!! How are you feeling? It seems I was actually a good bit more shocked than you are about this

I saw it coming, honestly? I'm a bit sad, but more than anything I'm hoping we can get an explanation.

I'm heartbroken for a lot of people, though. I remember how much they meant to me and I can honestly imagine how awful it must be for the people who are still attached to them.

I'm hoping that they'll continue making music separately, or at least won't disappear forever. I believe they will continue with their own projects and stuff. I hope.

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of a video. I think it would mean a lot to the Rmy.

Charlie, I just wanted to say thank you for coming back and expressing your empathy. Idk if I'm just overemotional about everything, but I feel like not everyone who is less attached to a band than previously would do that so I feel like it means a lot.

• Upvote 2

Honestly, when I found out you guys were the first people I thought of.

Ahh.

I think I might try to stay a while. I'm bad at remembering places though omfg

• Upvote 1

I want to do a video. Maybe a tribute video, or something along those lines. It'll help me deal with this...

i think that'd be wonderful!