river

Sister Wives 3: The Regeneration

it's housekeeping. literally nothing to do with my major or future plans. it's incredibly hard work. most of the people don't speak english. i hate everything about it. i'm doing the disney college program- i applied hoping to get photopass- but they put me in housekeeping because they're assholes. they don't really transfer people unless it's for medical reasons, so i'm kind of stuck until the end of my program (which is in may.) i could stick it out but i really don't want to. and leaving early would look super bad, especially since disney is a company i'd like to work for maybe someday (not in the hospitality business, though.)

our situation is: we met at work (he works here full-time, and is going to transfer into guest relations sometime soon.) we're in mutual like and have hung out a fair amount, but i guess he got out of a long relationship not that long ago, and doesn't want to be in one right now. i can understand that, especially since the current plan is that i'll be leaving in a few months anyway. so right now we're just kind of "hanging out." and like, i'm okay with it, but i hate the uncertainty of everything. and since i don't have a lot of other things going on right now, my mind is just constantly in overdrive. i know that i should distract myself with fun things (both to distract myself from him and my awful job) but... everything sucks. idk. right now i'm just sad. and i know he is probably/definitely busy with family and everything, but i was hoping for at least one "yay i'm home!" or something text. *sigh*

Hmm that's a tough one. Showing that you can stick with something will definitely be a good asset for your resume, and will obviously be even more beneficial if you apply for another position at Disney. With that said though, I can definitely see why you'd want to quit. All in all though, May is not very far away, so I think sticking it out would be the best. I know it's not what you want to do, but if leaving early would negatively effect you, staying a few more months might be worth it.

Ok this is kind of a tough one since you're probably leaving in a few months. The just got out of a long relationship excuse is honestly bullshit. It just goes back to guys being unsure of what they want. Relationships obviously entail a little bit of commitment and more energy to make it work, but if you want to be with some one, you really don't see those as drawbacks. I was in an awful and exhausting relationship for 2 years (he was jealous, controlling, emotionally abusive, and we lived together). All I wanted was to be free/single and away from him, but it wasn't that easy. Anyways, I actually met Keith (my fiance) while I was still dating my ex, and I instantly knew I wanted to be with him, and I broke up with my ex and started dating Keith w/in days of meeting him. It has nothing to do with being in a relationship or not. It has to do with being with the right person. Either way though, you're young, and relationships are way more confusing when you're trying to figure stuff out, especially with guys who are even more confused (they do tend to be a little more emotionally immature). Another reason I think Keith and I work out together so well is because he's a lot older than me and knew exactly what he wanted (i.e. there were no games between us, and we knew we'd get married w/in the first month or two of dating). I'd say just let things happen. You don't know where your'e going to be in a few months and I'm sure he doesn't either. If it's meant to be, it'll work itself out. So let it be something that makes you happy and enjoy whatever it becomes; don't let it be a source of unnecessary stress. Again though, I know it's way easier said than done, I always stressed about relationships (and actually, I feel like I kind of liked worrying about them, as weird as that sounds). Just do your thing though, you need to be happy on your own, so use your extra time and energy to find things you enjoy, make new friends, go to shows, work on your photography, etc.

Dia, I'm imagining such beautiful scenes of that venue combined with you and your dress and all of the artsy elements I imagine will accompany your wedding! Please promise that you'll share a few pictures of how everything turns out, it's going to be spectacular.

Thanksss! And I'll definitely be sharing photos!

I wish I was available to join you! It stinks living so far away as an rmy <_<

I love both your venue and your dress!! I know we have only known each other through facebook and the rmy, but I have to say, the dress feels so you and seems to fit your personality perfectly. It's so beautiful and quirky at the same time. I just can imagine you wearing it and bet it looks gorgeous on you. Like Ash, I hope we can see pictures when the big day arrives! :)

Aww thank you! I think you're spot on, it definitely feels very me. And yesyes, I promise, I'll most definitely post photos.

Thank you for your tips Dia and OMG THAT VENUE!!!! It's so perfect! :D Leaves me totally speechles! Now I know my dream venue for my wedding. :D Words can't describe how much I love it! <3

I have used dry shampoo (I only have cheap one because I brought it just after first day at my job and it was emergency :D) and styling powder, but I have never tried sea salt sprays. See if I can find that one that you're using from here. :)

Thank ya! And no problem at all. Getting the right dry shampoo really makes a big difference btw. I've hated some of the ones I've used, and a few have been ok, but they all had drawbacks (either too powdery or weird smelling), until I found the TIGI ones, which are perfect! And yea, sea salt sprays are a life saver, especially for bangs and layers.

Well me and my boyfriend were talking about what's going to happen to us when I go of to school in another province. He's terrified of being hurt again (he's been through so much shit). I've been pretty optimistic about it.

But then there's this nagging in my brain that worries that I'll let him fade or I'll be unfaithful and I'm not like that at all but that's what my mind keeps saying to me.

I told him that. And he says if I'm gonna be wishy washy or unsure about it, he doesn't want to take te chance.

Why am I thinking like this? Am I really just unsure of him or is it just that negative voice in my head trying to sabotage the good thing I have in my life. I really don't want to break up with him. But I'm afraid he won't want to chance it :(

Ok, there's a few things about this kind of stuff. I'll say right off the bat, long distance sucks, it's not fun, and it ends up causing a lot more problems. Even the strongest relationships can be brought down by distance. When you don't get to see someone and then throw in jealousy, lack of time, separate lives, etc. it just turns into a big mess.

With that said, if you really want to stay with him, try to make it work. Don't sabotage it beforehand because you're second guessing yourself. Decide whether or not it's what you want, and if it is what you want, try to make it work. If it's definitely what you want, you can also talk to him and explain that you've thought a lot about it, and you know it's a risk, but that you really want this and want to make it work. Assure him you're not trying to hurt him, and that your'e committed to making it work. If he wants to give it a go and make it work too, then there you go. If he's still unsure, you probably should just give him time and do your own thing.

Also, I will say, when I've felt wishy washy about some one, it's because I liked them and cared about them, but I wasn't crazy about them, and I was more attached than in love. Just listen to your heart, and like I said, if you really think about it and decide it's what you want, then go for it.

And seriously, no worries, nothing is wrong with you at all! This is all totally normal stuff.

Ok this is kind of a tough one since you're probably leaving in a few months. The just got out of a long relationship excuse is honestly bullshit. It just goes back to guys being unsure of what they want. Relationships obviously entail a little bit of commitment and more energy to make it work, but if you want to be with some one, you really don't see those as drawbacks. I was in an awful and exhausting relationship for 2 years (he was jealous, controlling, emotionally abusive, and we lived together). All I wanted was to be free/single and away from him, but it wasn't that easy. Anyways, I actually met Keith (my fiance) while I was still dating my ex, and I instantly knew I wanted to be with him, and I broke up with my ex and started dating Keith w/in days of meeting him. It has nothing to do with being in a relationship or not. It has to do with being with the right person. Either way though, you're young, and relationships are way more confusing when you're trying to figure stuff out, especially with guys who are even more confused (they do tend to be a little more emotionally immature). Another reason I think Keith and I work out together so well is because he's a lot older than me and knew exactly what he wanted (i.e. there were no games between us, and we knew we'd get married w/in the first month or two of dating). I'd say just let things happen. You don't know where your'e going to be in a few months and I'm sure he doesn't either. If it's meant to be, it'll work itself out. So let it be something that makes you happy and enjoy whatever it becomes; don't let it be a source of unnecessary stress. Again though, I know it's way easier said than done, I always stressed about relationships (and actually, I feel like I kind of liked worrying about them, as weird as that sounds). Just do your thing though, you need to be happy on your own, so use your extra time and energy to find things you enjoy, make new friends, go to shows, work on your photography, etc.

oh man, i wish i could work on photography. i've been here a month and have only brought out my camera once :( hopefully i'll have more time once i get a bit more adjusted with work and life and stuff.

i totally agree with that "long relationship" excuse being bullshit- you can't time when you like someone. but boys are stupid and yeah. i'm just going to let it go wherever. it's just the uncertainty that kills me, since i hate being uncertain about things. but, since he's been gone awhile (i'm still not sure when he gets back to florida), it's given me time to just be whatevs about whatever happens in the near future.

I've been thinking about similar things too, Nevvie. If I decide to go to university in late 2014, I will be away from Sam for weeks at a time.

I think you'll make the right decision, you're a really intelligent girl, trust your gut feeling. I can't really add much to what everyone else has to say.

On a totally unrelated topic. I really dislike stereotypes, but I think I make it worse for myself. :wacko:

Hey Sonia! Is today a special day? :o