Things Every Mcrmy Soldier Should Know

RadarAnomaly

Contribute your facts that should be common knowledge to the MCRmy, or ask questions about MCRmy inside jokes and secrets.

I will update this list every few days with your submissions: (please link your sources)

FACTS:

Frank's last name does not start with the letter "L"

The Sister Wives are not, in fact, married.

The band name came from a book titled "Ecstasy: Three Tales of Chemical Romance" by Irvine Welsh (source: around 1 minute into

video)

Gerard designed and drew the cover and tray card for the "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" (source: Three Cheers CD insert)

The cover for "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" is titled "Demolition Lovers II", and the tray card is titled "Just the Way It Goes"(source:Three Cheers CD insert)

Helena, in the music video of the same name, was played by Tracey Phillips. (source: 6:50 into this video)

My Chemical Romance was formed after Gerard Way witnessed the 9/11 attacks; he then questioned what he was doing with his life, which was the catalyst for the band forming.

Gerard Way has a comic called "The Umbrella Academy".

"Welcome To The Black Parade" was originally titled "The Five Of Us Are Dying". It was also released 5 years after the 9/11 attacks, on iTunes.

Frank burns all his food and calls it 'Cajun'.

Bob doesn't like cameras.

Mikey's only vice is coffee.

Gerard's first car was silver and he never had to wash it.

Ray's musical taste was greatly influenced by hand-me-down metal cassettes.

Tips For Fact-Checking

If it's not sourced, it's not true, and a source isn't someone's Tumblr

Heard a rumor? Before you repost or retweet it, first fact check it on the following sources:

If it is not posted on one or more of the above sources, it's most likely not true.

Remedy: Be patient and wait for official announcements before getting too excited and further spreading a rumor.

How To Tell the Difference Between Fact and Fiction

Fact:

- There is evidence to back up the statement (a picture, a link to the source you heard it from).

- It has been announced on from an official source. These include the band member's official twitter accounts or the @MCRofficial twitter, the news section of this website or said by a member of the band in a video.

Fiction:

- The statement is vague.

- There is no evidence or official sources.

- Think about it logically. How would one random fan in a million get this inside information without other people hearing about it? And where would they get it from? Answer is simple: They didn't get it from anywhere other than their imagination.

DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING UNLESS THERE IS EVIDENCE TO PROVE IT!

FAQS:

Q. Who is Kevin?

A. Kevin (Kevin Intense, Intense Redheaded Kid from LOTMS) is an MCRMY fan who can be found in the Life On The Murder Scene DVD at 44:39. He is known for his enthusiastic reaction to the music of MCR.

Q. Who are the Sister Wives?

A. The Sister Wives are a subgroup of the MCRmy who jokingly refer to themselves as the wives of Kevin Intense (see above). The Sister Wives thread is open to anyone and everyone who follows board rules and wants a place to chat. Link to the full description of the group can be found here and a link to the current Sister Wives thread can be found here

Q. What are the "old boards" that people are talking about?

The MCRmy was originally located on TSN, or The Street Network. TSN was a site owned by Warner Brothers that ran the street teams of many bands under the label and included forums much like this one. TSN no longer exists but the MCRmy was revived under this new banner in early 2011.

Q. Why do I see people type "Wxy" or "W*y"?

Explanation by xxdeathnotronic:

W*y/Wxy (or more commonly written Way) was started in 2005/2006 on the 'Old Boards' when users made the connection between the actual word 'way' and Gerard & Mikey's last name, causing them to fall into fits of laughter when Gerard sang the word in songs. To keep this word from causing anymore laughter the board began to edit the word in every instance. For example: 'So the other day, I was talking to Bex about something, and anyw*y we decided that MCR can't open packs of gum by themselves.

Q. What are scenarios? What are some scenario inside jokes? Are scenarios fan fiction?

Explanation by xdeathnotronic

Scenarios started as just small snippets of how we thought MCR would react to certain things... they later followed a style of humor akin to Family Guy (most of mine just replaced Family Guy Characters with MCR)Scenario MCR is completely different than MCR. They're exaggerated versions of their stage personas. Gerard is a diva and steals the spotlight. He's also really really really dimwitted and slow. Frank is insanely short and obsessed with Twizzlers, though he also has two split personalities Frnak & Leathermouth Frank. Frnak can't spell anything so he speaks in nonsensical words that start with the same letter of the word he wants to say.. like if he was gonna say "Go away" he would say "gargle apples" or something. The only person that can translate Frnak is John Lennon or if someone has a Frnak to English dictionary. Leathermouth Frank speaks in all caps and is always angry. He statements usually involve the death of someone one beneath him (MCR is usually the people beneath him)... He also seethes with anger. Ray is kinda similar to normal Ray except he's a ladies man. He's always like "Hey, Ladiesss." Mikey can never be fed. If he tries to eat, Gerard will pop in some how and knock the food out of his hand.

MCR actually approved of our scenarios, which is why we don't consider them fan fiction because the guys thought they were funny. Plus there's no real narrative with scenarios... that's why its called a scenario! xD

Q. What is IMCRD?

Explanation by dropthedaggerromeo

International My Chemical Romance Day (IMCRD) is on July 23rd every year. It was created by fans, not the band. The day was chosen because it is the date that My Chemical Romance released their first album, “I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love”. I believe it was started in 2007, and through Google searches, 2007 is the furthest back I can trace it. IMCRD is a day to show and share your passion and appreciation for MCR, whether it's through wearing their merch, decorating some MCR-themed cakes, making a video or just listening to their music.

Q. Why do I see "Keeper of", "I Keep", etc. in people's signatures?

Explanation by dropthedaggerromeo

The "keeper of" trend began with The Keeper Thread. This is where you can "keep" things (unofficially adopting them!) related to MCR or the MCRmy (obviously not personal things like body parts or family members). The thread contains all of the information and rules you need to become a keeper of something.

the w*y/wxy thing's gotta be put in this list, surely? ;)

Yeah, and if that needs expanding:

"W*y/Wxy (or more commonly written Way) was started in 2005/2006 on the 'Old Boards' when users made the connection between the actual word 'way' and Gerard & Mikey's last name, causing them to fall into fits of laughter when Gerard sang the word in songs. To keep this word from causing anymore laughter the board began to edit the word in every instance. For example: 'So the other day, I was talking to Bex about something, and anyw*y we decided that MCR can't open packs of gum by themselves.'"

If anyone needs any expanding on some old jokes from the boards, you can ask me... The only one's I really remember well are one's I was involved in like Why Gerard Doesn't Feed Mikey, The Feed Mikey Campaign, Frank's love of Twizzlers, other censorship of w*y/MCR related phrases including phrases such as "toro-totally" "anybryar" "anyray," Leathermouth Frank hatred of those beneath him, Gerard's brown shoes....

Yeah. xD I think I still have a print off of the scenario I based the Why Gerard Doesn't Feed Mikey video off of.

I think maybe the scenarios should be mentioned in there too. Scenario making is like an MCRmy hobby in general.

If anyone needs to find a scenario from the old boards, feel free to ask me! I saved a lot of them because they were too hilarious to NOT keep.

I think maybe the scenarios should be mentioned in there too. Scenario making is like an MCRmy hobby in general.

If anyone needs to find a scenario from the old boards, feel free to ask me! I saved a lot of them because they were too hilarious to NOT keep.

I have the whole Story Time thread saved on my laptop (it's 148 pages!) xD I swear we were going to make it into a movie!

Scenarios started as just small snippets of how we thought MCR would react to certain things... they later followed a style of humor akin to Family Guy (most of mine just replaced Family Guy Characters with MCR)Scenario MCR is completely different than MCR. They're exaggerated versions of their stage personas. Gerard is a diva and steals the spotlight. He's also really really really dimwitted and slow. Frank is insanely short and obsessed with Twizzlers, though he also has two split personalities Frnak & Leathermouth Frank. Frnak can't spell anything so he speaks in nonsensical words that start with the same letter of the word he wants to say.. like if he was gonna say "Go away" he would say "gargle apples" or something. The only person that can translate Frnak is John Lennon or if someone has a Frnak to English dictionary. Leathermouth Frank speaks in all caps and is always angry. He statements usually involve the death of someone one beneath him (MCR is usually the people beneath him)... He also seethes with anger. Ray is kinda similar to normal Ray except he's a ladies man. He's always like "Hey, Ladiesss." Mikey can never be fed. If he tries to eat, Gerard will pop in some how and knock the food out of his hand.

MCR actually approved of our scenarios, which is why we don't consider them fan fiction because the guys thought they were funny. Plus there's no real narrative with scenarios... that's why its called a scenario! xD

Not sure if this counts, but what about "If it's not sourced it's not true, and a source isn't someone's Tumblr"? People get so easily confused by misinformation, which causes drama, which causes more misinformation, mostly surrounding the idea that we're a group of whiny teenage fangirls who dislike each other.

And that's sad.

FACT: My Chemical Romance was formed after Gerard Way witnessed the 9/11 attacks; he then questioned what he was doing with his life, which was the cataylst for the band forming.

FACT: Gerard Way has a comic called "The Umbrella Academy".

FACT: "Welcome To The Black Parade" was originally titled "The Five Of Us Are Dying". It was also released 5 years after the 9/11 attacks, on iTunes.

Not sure if this counts, but what about "If it's not sourced it's not true, and a source isn't someone's Tumblr"? People get so easily confused by misinformation, which causes drama, which causes more misinformation, mostly surrounding the idea that we're a group of whiny teenage fangirls who dislike each other.

And that's sad.

I'm not sure where this should be filed under, is this a Fact or a FAQ?

FACT:

They owe me money for something.

FACT: I am deadly serious about wanting to be repaid.

Laine, I don't think this is common-knowledge material. XD

Ahh! I remember back in '05 we all compiled a bunch of the scenarios (on the old TSN boards) and the MCRmy gave them to the guys during one of the show's M&Gs (they were given to them at the show right before mine). For my M&G (Boston area show in October '05), I was given the mission to ask if they read them and find out what they thought. I talked to Frank, Ray, and Bob about them for quite a while, and they thought they were hilarious!

I remember the feed Mikey one the most, but wasn't there also one having to do with Mikey not being allowed to use toasters?

Heard a rumor? Before you repost or retweet it, first fact check it on the following sources:

If it is not posted on one or more of the above sources, it's most likely not true.

Remedy: Be patient and wait for official announcements before getting too excited and further spreading a rumor.

Maybe it's a good idea to provide a source (i.e. link to the interview/video) if you contribute a fact (or FAQ if applicable). You know when you can't remember what interview something is from and it's really frustrating? This could help. It could also help dispell rumours :)

This is what I was hoping people would do, thank you for pointing this out Kerry.

Wow, thanks Dev! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for, thanks so much for that!

UPDATED!

Yay glad I could contribute!

This is what I was hoping people would do, thank you for pointing this out Kerry.

Yea this would also probably help do away with at least some of the very many threads that get created just to ask what video or other source a specific quote came from.

Archived