dropthedaggerromeo.

[CLOSED] Guess The Album Release Date!

And given the 'Conventional Weapons' release dates, I think my guess is waaay out :lol: (I'm assuming MCR5 will be out sometime later after these single releases - last of which is Feb 5 next year - just my theory anyway!)

I would say lock it too. When the contest is over and the date is announced, I would recommend unlocking it; so people can discuss how the date turned out until their hearts are content. Sound like a good idea Kerry?

*drum roll*

I now officially declare this contest closed!

I am locking the thread to save any confusion, but once we find out the release date (and therefore the winner), it will be unlocked so we can celebrate and discuss :D

I vote for sticking with WBR or starting their own label. WBR has stood by them through the scrapped record and they seem to have a good working relationship with their label. Unless they feel ready to set out on their own, staying with WBR could be a good choice depending on factors the rmy would not be aware of.

Based on Frank's recent interview, have you guys had any changes in opinion about when the album is coming out? I'm now leaning towards thinking it will be out late 2013 or even 2014 (sorry guys!) I hope it is earlier than that, but it sounds like the record is still in a malleable phase. I think I got too excited about G calling in Colleen Atwood, which lead me to believe they were closer than they seem to be at this point :(

I wish that were true about WBR, Sulfur, but unfortunately fans are quite misled about how much freedom MCR actually have. I personally hope they start their own label, but I guess we'll see when they time comes. I'm good with anything as long as they don't split up!!

I don't know whether scrap this contest and start again, or what for a while to see what happens.

I had based alot of my opinions of their relationship with WBR on the boys' commentary. They usually seemed to say that the label was supportive of them throughout the Conventional Weapons to DD process. Maybe what they tell the media is different than the reality, but that was the majority of what I had read from them about the topic. You likely have other information that the rmy may not, so I am going to take your word for it :) I think starting their own label is a great idea as well. Like you, as long as they don't break up I'm going to be happy.

In terms of scrapping the contest, either option is fine with me. If we are certain it is going to be much later, then maybe we should start reconsidering the contest. One option is adding a new set of guesses to the original post. In which case you don't need to delete the previous posts or guesses. You would still be able to count down on both sets of guesses in the post and cross them off as the dates pass. If everyone is going to be wrong (which is now my current inclination), this might be the best idea. Thoughts Kerry?

I think I'm just going to wait to see how the next couple of months go. I'll wait until the end of January/February and reassess the situation. Until then, the contest will remain closed (but still going if you see what I mean) :)

I agree that reassessing around the end of January/beginning of February would be best. By then Conventional Weapons will have finished and maybe there will be some kind of news.