dropthedaggerromeo.

[CLOSED] Guess The Album Release Date!

Was that just you discussing it, or did you want to make a guess? If you want to make a guess make sure you include the full date :)

aaa okay. :) 15.11.2012 that's my guess. :)

Four updates:

1. I've had some people enquiring as to whether they can change their guess. I initially made it clear that once a date had been posted, it could not be altered. However, I also said I'd consider changing it depending on the circumstances. To be honest, I can't make my mind up whether to let people change their guess or not (I would only allow people to change it once), and I'd really like some of your thoughts on it. Do you think people should be able to change their guess or not?

hmmm. can see the dilemma - maybe if we haven't heard any news and you have to extend the date again beyond September 30th, then it would be a good point at which to allow date changes. But I would suggest there only being a limited time frame in which those changes can be made & following a specific format - like they have to message you to ask permission to change and not just edit original posts. And how would you approach the issue of priority? would people who originally posted first get first choice on a new date, or first come first served?

In a sense, allowing changes will open up a whole can of worms and create more work for you, whereas leaving things as they are is much more straight forward. I'm inclined to say leave it as it is :)

I think that your updated points are excellent, Kerry. And I think it should ultimately be your decision whether or not to allow people to change the dates they guessed originally because you're the one who has to deal with it.

i don't think we should be allowed to change our minds. it's a guess after all. that's what's fun about this whole thing! plus we have nothing to lose if we are wrong. it's not like we're paying for anything. it might get messy if you start allowing date changes. but that's just my opinion.

i don't think we should be allowed to change our minds. it's a guess after all. that's what's fun about this whole thing! plus we have nothing to lose if we are wrong. it's not like we're paying for anything. it might get messy if you start allowing date changes. but that's just my opinion.

agreed

I understand why it might not make sense to change. I would consider changing mine if I had the chance, but want to do what is best for everyone as well. Let us know if or how you decide to change any aspect of this rule. Thanks Kerry! :)

Also, I just thought of a question. Whose release date are we judging it on? Because often times there will be different official release dates in different countries.

Also, I just thought of a question. Whose release date are we judging it on? Because often times there will be different official release dates in different countries.

That's a very good point. Even though I'm in the UK, I think I'll say the US release date as I believe that most entrants are from the US. I'll update the rules. Thanks for bringing this up!!

Update! Please read!

I am going to allow people to change their guess for a period of one week, starting today. Here are the rules regarding this:

1. You must not edit your original post. Please post your new guess in a new post, making clear what your old guess was and what your new guess is.

2. Once you guess a new date, you may not guess again (i.e. you can only change your date once). Your old guess will become void and be removed from the list - you cannot change back to it once you have guessed a new date, and somebody else will be able to guess that date.

3. It will be first come first served for date changes. Once a date has been taken, it cannot be taken again.

4. Whatever I've got written down in the first post is the date I will go by. Although I'm sure you guys wouldn't be dishonest, this is to certify that nobody has edited their post after I've listed their date. For this reason, it's important that you check I have written the correct date to save any confusion later.

5. You may change your guess from now until 10pm (GMT) September 15th. After this, there will be no opportunity to change your guess.

6. All of the original rules still apply.

I think those rules cover everything, but let me know if you have any questions or think I've missed something!