dropthedaggerromeo.

[CLOSED] Guess The Album Release Date!

Humm...July 10,2013. A year from today. Although, I can't imagine that actually being it- No one really starts up a tour the end of July, and I really doubt they are going to put out an album and not tour on it

Lots more guesses today! Should be all updated :) Don't forget to share this with your friends if they like MCR. Use this as an incentive to recruit them! We always need more soldiers (don't forget they need at least 20 posts to enter)!

Idk why but this is the date that poped into my head

29 June 2013

Awesome that's my birthday!

I'm going with 1st November 2013, which is the day I'm getting married, All Saints Day (aka All Hallows), and the first day of Dia de los Muertos.

The closing date has been extended to the 1st of September due to there being no news regarding the album. Again, this date is subject to change depending on whether MCR announce/don't announce something in the near future.

If you want to tweet/blog/whatever this, please do! Just remember, you have to have at least 20 posts on MCRmy.com by the time the contest ends in order to qualify :)

As some of you may know, I said watch this space... well here’s the space you should be watching!

With the guys beginning to record their new album, I figured what better way to embrace our excitement than a contest! I know some of you are super talented artists and writers etc., but there are some people (like me) who suck at that kind of stuff and often feel excluded from contests that are based on artsy stuff like that. So here is your no shit, no sweat, straight-to-the-point contest.

All you have to do is guess the album release date! The prize (very kindly donated by the wonderful V/ViennaKiss) is a “We Are The Black Parade” t shirt (size medium), a giant promotion poster for The Black Parade, and a whole range of promo stuff the old street team were sent (flyers, stickers etc. for Revenge and TBP).

tbpshirt.jpg

tbppromoposter.jpg

There are a few rules:

1. This is exclusive to you guys here on MCRmy.com. I will advertise it elsewhere, but you must be signed up to this forum to participate.

2. You must have at least 20 posts on MCRmy.com by the time the contest ends in order to qualify to enter. I've explained why this rule is in place here.

3. Anybody, anywhere, any country can participate (the winner must be willing to give me their address to send the prize to. I will not share this information with anybody else).

4. Once one person has guessed a date, nobody else can guess it.

5. You may not change the date you’ve guessed. If, for example, most people guess a date in August and we’ve still heard nothing by December, I will consider changing this rule.

6. Do not edit your original post. I will constantly update this with a list of which dates have been guessed and by whom. If you edit your post, I will not see it, and the original date you guessed will still be the one I go by.

7. The contest has a provisional closing date of July 31st August 31st. If something is announced or clues are given in the meantime, this could be moved forward. Likewise, if I feel it necessary nearer the time, I may move the closing date further away.

8. If the correct date hasn't been guessed when the official release date is announced, I will choose the nearest to it. If there is a tie, I will choose the person who posted their guess first (I only have one prize so I have to do it this way).

9. I will contact the winner as soon as I can after the official release date is announced. If they do not get back to me within a specified period of time (I'll decide nearer the time as if it's summer people may be on holiday), I will choose the next nearest person.

I think that’s all for now, so have fun and guess away!

---

30th September 2012 - Radio Star37

13th November 2012 - adrenaline.earthquake

16th November 2012 - mystarkidromance

6th December 2012 - Crimson Rain

9th December 2012 - BlackVeilAlice

12th December 2012 - coke_Iero

18th December 2012 - waycrazy25

18th January 2013 - DNAdrain

21st January 2013 - ShadowVenom

26th January 2013 - CrashDiamond_23

8th February 2013 - Poptart

15th February 2013 - theghostofyou

22nd February 2013 - Dani-Panic

25th February 2013 - SoniaMarie

28th February 2013 - memory

19th March 2013 - Sanity

23rd March 2013 - StarSurfer

31st March 2013 - Lady_Godiva

16th April 2013 - perceivedorder

19th April 2013 - Otakupunk

15th May 2013 - summertimee

19th May 2013 - SilentFallout

23rd May 2013 - Adrenaline Threat Angel

25th June 2013 - _A_me_

29th June 2013 - Blackrose88

10th July 2013 - DJ Jojo

3rd August 2013 - NeverComingHome

6th August 2013 - The Sane Abandoned Me

6th September 2013 - Toxic-Tyranny

11th September 2013 - rabidkilljoy

15th October 2013 - inthiswatercoolerromance

26th October - nightmare_child

29th October 2013 - RadarAnomaly

1st November 2013 - Dia

12th November 2013 - SulfurSiren

22nd November 2013 - Misa=A

27th November 2013 - Sunshine Diamond

Did the Kevin Smith interview change anyone's opinions about the release date?

It changed mine a little but it's too late to do anything about it ^_^ Oh well!

Four updates:

1. I've had some people enquiring as to whether they can change their guess. I initially made it clear that once a date had been posted, it could not be altered. However, I also said I'd consider changing it depending on the circumstances. To be honest, I can't make my mind up whether to let people change their guess or not (I would only allow people to change it once), and I'd really like some of your thoughts on it. Do you think people should be able to change their guess or not?

2. Once again, I am extending the closing date of the contest until September 30th due to the lack of news we've had about the album. I'll just mention again that if, for example, the band do an interview where they say "the album will be ready to release in two months", I may bring the closing date forward. If we've still not heard anything by the end of this month, I may also push the closing date back again, although this may be the final time I extend it as I don't want to put people at an unfair disadvantage to others.

3. I have altered rule number 9.

It previously read:

9. I will contact the winner as soon as I can after the official release date is announced. If they do not get back to me within a specified period of time (I'll decide nearer the time as if it's summer people may be on holiday), I will choose the next nearest person.

It now reads:

9. I will contact the winner via MCRmy.com as soon as I can after the official release date is announced. If they do not get back to me within seven days, I will choose the next nearest person.

As it previously said, over the summer months, people may have been on holiday for weeks at a time so it would be unfair to make them forfeit their prize because they were unable to contact me. However, I think now school is back on, seven days is a reasonable time period to allow people to get back to me.

4. Please feel free to post about this on twitter, facebook, tumblr, MCR.com etc. One of the reasons I started this contest was to get more people to visit this website, but that will only happen if people from other websites know about it!

I think november would be it. It's Danger days 2 years anniversary so i think it will be good release date for new album too.

Was that just you discussing it, or did you want to make a guess? If you want to make a guess make sure you include the full date :)